Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-08-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nick Folk???

Anyone here still think we should have drafted Mason Crosby?

Oh, and btw, that Timeout Rule is F'ing ****!

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post

Dude i dont even know what to think right now. But I'll take it! JESUS CHRIST. What an adrenaline RUSH.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Why do you keep bringing up these threads? Weren't you the one that wanted Crosby? I could've sworn it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I now solemnly forever forsake my heathen desires for Mason Crosby.

Nick Folk, now and forever.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That TO rule will be addressed in the off-season. It's f'n lame!!!

I think i made the call the draft Folk....just kidding. Never heard of the kid until we took him, but thank god we did.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Folk is my hero.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why do you keep bringing up these threads? Weren't you the one that wanted Crosby? I could've sworn it.
I wholeheartedly did not want to draft Crosby. I thought drafting a kicker on the first day was extremely dumb (almost everyone had Crosby going in the second or third round).

And as for why I bring up threads like this, it's simple. People constantly say 'we shoulda drafted so and so, look what we missed out on', I'm trying to bring the other side of the argument to play. For every player we missed on, there is a player or two that we hit on. It's the counter-to-the-bust argument.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wholeheartedly did not want to draft Crosby. I thought drafting a kicker on the first day was extremely dumb (almost everyone had Crosby going in the second or third round).

And as for why I bring up threads like this, it's simple. People constantly say 'we shoulda drafted so and so, look what we missed out on', I'm trying to bring the other side of the argument to play. For every player we missed on, there is a player or two that we hit on. It's the counter-to-the-bust argument.
I think I remember LSU saying we shouldn't take a Kicker in day one. I shared that sentiment with him.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
To all the Crosby critics...

How would you like it if we could kick FGs from the 50 yard line? Crosby can nail those as proven at the Senior Bowl and Combine. He was hitting 70 yarders. Talk about a game changer... Not too mention, we wouldn't have to worry to much about special teams coverage on kick offs as he'll sail those deep in the endzone.
........I know, I know, just giving you crap.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If you look at the post draft thread, only Staubach and nrcirc wanted Crosby. A lot of guys didn't post anything (you, thule, moth, etc).

To me these types of threads are all about building up self pride. I don't like them. Making a comment in a thread is one thing, but starting a thread is overdoing it, imo.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Wow, so much emotion over this thread. There were numerous posters on this Cowboys board talking up Crosby.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

Quote:
If you look at the post draft thread, only Staubach and nrcirc wanted Crosby. A lot of guys didn't post anything (you, thule, moth, etc).

To me these types of threads are all about building up self pride. I don't like them. Making a comment in a thread is one thing, but starting a thread is overdoing it, imo.
Still trying to figure out how it's self pride considering I neither a) said I wanted to draft Nick Folk (I didn't want to draft him) or b) claimed that not drafting Mason Crosby in the 6th was a good idea (I didn't want a kicker to be drafted at all).

Just for the record, I didn't want to draft Anthony Spencer either and he's playing quite well at the moment. Would that be self pride too?

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 10-08-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Still trying to figure out how it's self pride considering I neither a) said I wanted to draft Nick Folk (I didn't want to draft him) or b) claimed that not drafting Mason Crosby in the 6th was a good idea (I didn't want a kicker to be drafted at all).

Just for the record, I didn't want to draft Anthony Spencer either and he's playing quite well at the moment. Would that be self pride too?
A lot of people don't know who claimed what a long time ago. These kinds of threads just send the inclination that you did and others didn't. I don't know how you don't see that. Pride is probably the wrong word, but whatevers, like I said before... I'm on too much of a high to let this bother me too much.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

Quote:
A lot of people don't know who claimed what a long time ago. These kinds of threads just send the inclination that you did and others didn't. I don't know how you don't see that. Pride is probably the wrong word, but whatevers, like I said before... I'm on too much of a high to let this bother me too much.
Yet it is perfectly accepted (and practiced) behaviour to bring up who we should have drafted instead of Carpenter, or Spears, or whomever based on what we know now? Debating who is a bust and how the team has drafted and who they missed on and who should have been drafted instead is 80% of what goes on on this site and that's perfectly accepted. When I point out that we actually drafted a player that worked out, it some how offends you?

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 10-09-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt care, and i didnt know who was better...but look at crosby sunday nite, he wasnt bad either...whose to say he didnt nail those kicks too...both will probably make great fg kickers and are some of the best kickers right now in the league....

im more then happy with folk though, i hated how vanderjagt was a choker, and he wouldnt last with these timeout rules, and gramatica fell off, so for this to turn out and have the punter and kicker we do is a blessing...I have folk on all of my fantasy teams too, so im definately living it up :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yet it is perfectly accepted (and practiced) behaviour to bring up who we should have drafted instead of Carpenter, or Spears, or whomever based on what we know now? Debating who is a bust and how the team has drafted and who they missed on and who should have been drafted instead is 80% of what goes on on this site and that's perfectly accepted. When I point out that we actually drafted a player that worked out, it some how offends you?
Maybe I misunderstood you... or maybe you're just tweaking your stance to make your case sound justified.... whatevers... Or maybe since the last time you created that thread "Aren't you glad we didn't draft Winston Justice like many of you wanted", I stood up and admitted that I wanted him. This just sounded like the same thing, even though, you may not have meant it to. I admitted I wanted Justice and I always stand up when I am wrong... but in this case, I was happy with the Folk pick from the start.

I also said Marshawn Lynch would be a better RB than AD in the NFL and so far I look to be wrong on that one as well. We'll see though. I still think it's only a matter of time before AD is taken out of commission because of his upright running style. *Hopefully it doesn't happen* Just saying... right now AD looks like a hero early in his career.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:48 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Folk hero, but can not claim I wanted him. I doubt I had heard of him.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:31 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted a kicker day two. I didn't think Crosby would be available so I did bring up Folks name...and also threw in that he would have the size to block for a botched snap :P

Draft day I was surprised to see us draft folk over crosby...but a handful of scouts had him rated higher. Mosley was the guy who really seemed to be high on him. So I liked the pick from the start but I definately can't say that I called it.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HOOK 'EM HORNS!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, calm down dude, all he is doing is pointing out how we made a great decision on draft day. Don't be so touchy. The posters who were pushing the idea of Crosby in the 3rd were always off their rocker, and plenty of people said so at the time, including myself. But the main thing here is to glorify in how we got what looks like the next NFC Pro Bowl PK for the next 10 years without spending a premium pick to get him.

Sorry Lynch, sorry, McGee, sorry Schobel and Whitner, but THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!!
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
D, calm down dude, all he is doing is pointing out how we made a great decision on draft day. Don't be so touchy. The posters who were pushing the idea of Crosby in the 3rd were always off their rocker, and plenty of people said so at the time, including myself. But the main thing here is to glorify in how we got what looks like the next NFC Pro Bowl PK for the next 10 years without spending a premium pick to get him.

You're too late. I already said it was a misunderstanding. But he lead me to believe it because of his "Winston Justice in your face" thread, which I owned up to. He got credit for shoving that in my face and I thought this was him trying to do the same type of thing all over again.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, then soak it in and smile, bro. :D

We just had a win for the ages!
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fanchise kicker, I think.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!!!!!
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can anyone tell me how the officials can review the to catch after another play has been ran by way of the spike, not that it matters now, but i was so pissed at the time.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote