Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-12-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Seymour is out, and Harrison is in right?

just want to make sure both werent playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We took Ellis that year with our #1, and would have taken Moss if it wasn't for the firestorm of negative pub that Irvin had generated.

As for the idea of keeping Reeves matched up with Moss......that is the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile. Even with safety help over the top, Reeves will get torched all day long on short and medium routes.

I actually think that Reeves matches up really well with Stallworth. He has the speed to contain him on deep passes, and Stallworth's lack of discipline in his route-running, and inconsistent separation ability will negate Reeves lack of technique and change-of-direction skill. Newman would be great against Welker....but then who do we put on Moss? If we had Henry, I would say match Reeves up with Donte, TNew up with Welker, and Henry vs. Moss with a safety rolled over the top on 75% of passing downs.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case. As is, we will probably be forced to play a lot of zone, and let Brady pick us apart. If we had all of our guys at 100% healthy, I would be willing to predict a victory. Since we don't, I really don't see us winning the game unless we get something of an explosive play or two early, or NE makes a couple big mistakes.

The good news is that we have regularly stayed with or beaten the best team from the AFC division we have played every year since 04 (remember us outplaying Pittsburgh for 58 minutes the year they went 15-1, with the game turning on the flukey Vinny T. fumble off of the helmet of our RB when we were up by 4 at the 2 minute warning?). SD and Denver in 05, and then beating Indy in 06. This is a good sign for our chances against NE.

But like I said, our best chance will be controlling the ball with the running game, and making Brady move his feet when he throws the ball. Not much of a hope, but still a hope.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob, I just don't think we can allow the Pats to run in the middle. We can run our nickel and dime package all day but we need to be strong in the middle. If this means sitting in our base defense in running situations and dropping back into a zone so be it...if they establish a inside running game we have no chance.

One thing I really didn't mention in my post was zone coverages. I still think Newman sticks on Welker...who is Brady's favorite target over Moss imo. He goes to Moss when he needs something but Welker is his bread and butter. With Newman glued we eliminated one of their options. In passing situations sure bring in the Dime defense. We eliminate Welker...we play Reeves and Jones on the outside and we play zone. We shouldn't get beat deep with Hamlin and Watkins...Just get to Brady...and that shouldn't be a problem. But this is our best chance of neutralizing their threats.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Rob, I just don't think we can allow the Pats to run in the middle. We can run our nickel and dime package all day but we need to be strong in the middle. If this means sitting in our base defense in running situations and dropping back into a zone so be it...if they establish a inside running game we have no chance.

One thing I really didn't mention in my post was zone coverages. I still think Newman sticks on Welker...who is Brady's favorite target over Moss imo. He goes to Moss when he needs something but Welker is his bread and butter. With Newman glued we eliminated one of their options. In passing situations sure bring in the Dime defense. We eliminate Welker...we play Reeves and Jones on the outside and we play zone. We shouldn't get beat deep with Hamlin and Watkins...Just get to Brady...and that shouldn't be a problem. But this is our best chance of neutralizing their threats.
I agree (AS A TACTIC) that if containing run then you are playing either Full Zone or Cover 4 all day. Either way under this scenario, I think you need Burnett, Carpenter/Williams, Ware and Ellis/Spencer -- and we don't give up a ton in run D. Ayodele and Bradie, however, in coverage is just scary -- zone or man.

I just don't think this is the right tactic. To me stoping the pass is most important. The run for New England is a diversion and if forced to move slowly down field they will get frustrated.

PLUS, frankly, I don't see them running on us with a 3WR set. I think our Nickel Cover 1 is not a running opportunity for New England.

Either way, it is complicated and I can see where your point is but I am of the mind that passing scores points. If we let them throw in order to stop the run they can blow us out b/c their passing game is so efficient. If this was Pittsburgh I would be of oppositte mind.

I think we can score 27 - 35 points on them. We just need to make sure we don't give up more than 3-4 scores -- and that means contain the passing game moreso than running game.

OT: I think Julius is a better runner for NE than Marion. Marion is more a cut back guy. NE is too good a tackling team and too good a Gap Control team.

For ONCE, I think a straight line, one cut type runner with speed would be better for us.

JJ is a better option for us versus this tea. I like a guy to hit it fast and not dance too much at the LOS looking for the hole (like MBIII). Julius, if anything , is this type of runner.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 10-12-2007 at 03:49 PM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This is THE thread.

I was listening to Parcells talk about the game and the thing that stuck out to me was that he said, "Dallas is going to have to beat New England doing something other than what they've done, and I don't mean strategically, just meaning in philosophical approach."

That is some deep crap. If the Cowboys are to change their philosophical approach, what the heck are they going to do??? What can they do??? What will they do???
Well he mentioned that Bellichick will take away what Dallas relies on the most (TO), and will try to take out what they rely on the 2nd most (Witten) and force you to beat them consistently with the other pieces.

Im guessing, he meant that Romo, Crayton and Hurd are gonna have to have big games to expose the coverage schemes that will be thrown at Dallas.

Im really looking forward to this game. Its basically the old scheme in Dallas vs the new scheme in Dallas. Bellichick runs the same exact D as BP, just with better players (or at least players better suited to run the scheme). But as I watch Wade's scheme more, while its different, its also very effective and I like it. Not as much as the 2 gap scheme, but I still like it.

I shouldn't call it the same exact scheme. Let me rephrase that. Philosophically, what you'll see from NE this game is what BP wanted to execute in Dallas. He had to work around some issues and adjust his scheme to a certain extent because he didn't have the pieces to run his scheme as effectively as NE, but from a philosophical point of view, what you see on Sunday is what BP wanted to do.

Im looking forward to the Newman vs Moss matchup. I think Newman will do a standup job. Also, I expect TO to have a good game.

I guarantee you this. As much as I hate Terrell Owens and think he's a classless jerk, there is not a single player on either team working harder right now than him in preparation for this game. Thats for sure.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

OT: I am so beyond sick of the Patriot hype. They are an excellent team but I just don't see who they have beat to justify the hype.

Example, today they put a graphic showing the Cowboys put up points versus 30,28,25,23, and 22 ranked D (AVG 25.6). With the intent of saying the Pats # 6 will defend us better. Fair enuff .....

No mention of the fact the Patriots have put up points on the 20,23,26,29,31 ranked D (avg 25.8). And we have the #13 D so far. No TDs last two games. Would be #5 D w/o 4 wacky TDs.

Yo dog are we being fair here? Pats have played as cream puff as we have. I just don't see the love. No objectivity.

I know these guys have 3 SB but last two years they have been beaten and beaten up in the playoffs. This is the same team with new WR. Not necessarily any tougher today than last year.

SO waht gives guys?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Marcus Spears popping off about Spy Gate.

Ugggggggggggggggggg.

No wonder Parcells kept the media away.

Can a more uninspiring player say anything worse than what he said questioning the Pats?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a sidenote on what you brought up, BBD. I think the main thing holding BP back from doing what he wanted to with this defense was the lack of a dominant DL to provide an interior pass rush, an unblockable run-stopper, and simultaneously take away attention from the rush-backers. That is the main thing that BB has in spades that BP couldn't get. I truly think that everything else was in place for Bill to do his thing. Give him Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren and you would see a whole different product out on that field.

As corroboration for this, back in the 05 draft he was said to covet Spears more than any other prospect in the draft. There were rumors that he engaged in a heated debate over who to take with #11, and that, while he loved Ware, he thought that getting the big but athletic plugger to anchor his DL was the #1 priority.

I still think that Leonard Marshall was the most underrated member of that dominant Giant D of the 80s. It never would have been the same without a guy like him. If Spears had become that type of player, my bet is that Parcells would still be coaching.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 10-12-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Moss is gonna catch 4 TDs and go for 200 yards.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Randy Moss is gonna catch 4 TDs and go for 200 yards.
And the Rams will score 10 points :)

Quote:
Old 10-12-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And the Rams will score 10 points :)
U get positive rep for being so nice.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Just a sidenote on what you brought up, BBD. I think the main thing holding BP back from doing what he wanted to with this defense was the lack of a dominant DL to provide an interior pass rush, an unblockable run-stopper, and simultaneously take away attention from the rush-backers. That is the main thing that BB has in spades that BP couldn't get. I truly think that everything else was in place for Bill to do his thing. Give him Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren and you would see a whole different product out on that field.

As corroboration for this, back in the 05 draft he was said to covet Spears more than any other prospect in the draft. There were rumors that he engaged in a heated debate over who to take with #11, and that, while he loved Ware, he thought that getting the big but athletic plugger to anchor his DL was the #1 priority.

I still think that Leonard Marshall was the most underrated member of that dominant Giant D of the 80s. It never would have been the same without a guy like him. If Spears had become that type of player, my bet is that Parcells would still be coaching.
Absolutely. His defense in Dallas would be much different if he had the dline NE has. NE's defense is so great because of that. Their dline is amazing and is the reason why theyre so successful. Actually, all around, they have amazing players on defense. Its just a great defense, well built. But the dline is definately the best unit in that defense.

I thought highly of Spears coming out as well. Its just surprising to me why he's not getting the job done. I just don't get it.

As for Leonard Marshall, I couldn't agree more. He was the 2nd most important piece next to LT. And in my opinion, the best 3-4 End ever. Seymour gets all the pub, but Marshall was just as fierce of a run stoppper and twice the pass rusher. He averaged in the same scheme as Seymour, 7 sacks a season whereas Seymour averages 4. He also had twice as many tackles per season. Also if you watched him play, he was just better. Taking nothing away from Seymour though, because Im a huge Seymour fan and think he's one of the top dlinemen in the game today. But I digress because this is a Cowboys board and the emphasis should be on them and not my team.

One thing I underestimated was how Wade's 1 gap scheme has greatly benefited this Dallas dline. While Spears hasn't reaped the benefits of it just yet, Canty seems to be playing better in it, and just think about what this dline would do if Ferguson got hurt in the old 2 gap scheme? The season would be over. I think that Dallas should retain this scheme they have in place now and just continue to build with it.

All you guys need is a some help at CB and youre good to go. You can get dlinemen in the later rounds with this new scheme.

Thats the one thing I would worry about this season. If teams spread you out, theres a serious lack of depth at the CB position, and if the opposing team has quality WRs, they may have success against this unit.

Thats why the teams I think in the NFC that could scare the Cowboys (offensively at least) are potentially the Seahawks, and as odd as it sounds, the Giants if they can get it together for a whole season. Emphasis on potential though, its clear Dallas is the favorite right now.

Id include the Cardinals and Lions but they have horrible olines.

Im expecting the Pats to do just that, and spread you guys out. They did it against Wade in the playoffs last year.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

One thing Im curious to know is, if Wade will come out with a 4 man nickel front or stick with a 3-4 front/nickel 335 if NE spreads them out.

I personally favor the 3-4 front. Ware and Spencer play better standing up and rushing the passer. That would most likely result in a lot of zone coverage however. And from my limited study of this scheme, Im not a huge fan of Wade's zones, they have some holes in them, particularly in the middle.

It'll be interesting to see what he does. It should be noted that Wade had success rattling Brady last year in the playoffs. If it wasn't for some bad luck, SD probably wouldve won the game.

On a side note, while many (myself included, i liked the pick alot but was unsure if he was a better choice then say, a CB or WR considering you guys had Carp) was unsure if Spencer was the right choice for Dallas with other holes on the team, you cannot deny the impact he has had on this defense. He's playing terrific for a rookie, and is in my opinion, a potential DROY candidate. Looking back at it now, he was definately the right choice since Carp isn't hacking it.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 10-12-2007 at 10:49 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Spencer has been one of the brightest points of our hot start. He isn't getting the pub, but he is getting to the QB with regularity, and has improved every single game against the run, to the point that Wade actually said that he was "dominant" against the run in the Bills game. He might not be the edge rusher that Ware is, but he seems to be a perfect fit on the strongside. He is stouter and beefier, plus he doesn't rely so much on speed as he does a solid repertoire of pass rushing moves. Terrific young talent, and while I had reservations about us getting another SSOLB, I liked him as a prospect from the start.

He is big for us, both in terms of our strong start this year and our hopes for future dominance. The kid has a chance to be a star, and will at the very least be an above average player at a premium position for years to come. For a franchise that spent, literally, over a decade trying to draft a premiere pass rusher, to potentially get two in three years is hard to believe.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 10-12-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
U get positive rep for being so nice.
And you get positive rep for being realistic.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Spencer has been one of the brightest points of our hot start. He isn't getting the pub, but he is getting to the QB with regularity, and has improved every single game against the run, to the point that Wade actually said that he was "dominant" against the run in the Bills game. He might not be the edge rusher that Ware is, but he seems to be a perfect fit on the strongside. He is stouter and beefier, plus he doesn't rely so much on speed as he does a solid repertoire of pass rushing moves. Terrific young talent, and while I had reservations about us getting another SSOLB, I liked him as a prospect from the start.

He is big for us, both in terms of our strong start this year and our hopes for future dominance. The kid has a chance to be a star, and will at the very least be an above average player at a premium position for years to come. For a franchise that spent, literally, over a decade trying to draft a premiere pass rusher, to potentially get two in three years is hard to believe.
I agree with a lot of this, but let's not crown him yet. It's a long season and he needs to show consistency throughout a 16 games season. I'm a HUGE Spencer fan and I've been impressed by his play to date.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

One of the things that interests me immensely in sports is the way things are painted in retrospect. For instance, all anyone remembers about that Patriot/SD playoff game is that the Chargers self-destructed, that Marty was his usual incompetent self, and that they suddenly forgot that they had the MVP on their side.

No one at all remembers that Tom Brady threw what should have been, by all rights, the game--and season--ending interception with just under 8:00 to go in the 4th quarter and down by 8 points. Had McCree just fallen down it would have likely sent them to the AFC Championship.

Nor do they remember that Brady was extremely, extremely bad in that game, OR that the NE offense was completely and utterly unable to generate any push up front, resulting in 51 rushing yards on 21 attempts. (nor, incidentally, do they remember that Phillip Rivers was the main reason for SD giving the game away, as they would if he was, say, Tony Romo, but back to my point--->) No, they remember the Pats having the hearts of champions, and Brady possessing the grit and will to win that has "become his trademark", blah blah blah. The facts are that Brady had one of the--actually, probably the-worst playoff game of his career.

He was just 27 for 51 (a horrific 53%) for 280 yards (even more horrific 5.5YPA) with THREE interceptions, including what should have been the game clincher.

Yet you hear it told as if Belichick and Brady "figured out" and conquered Wade's defense. Again, historical distortion makes me laugh.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 10-12-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was just 27 for 51 (a horrific 53%) for 280 yards (even more horrific 5.5YPA) with THREE interceptions, including what should have been the game clincher.
Funny, you didn't capitalize FIVE in the Romo thread. Why is that?

And with his new wideouts, I'm seeing a 24-31, 318 yards, 4 TD day for Brady against your boy Wade's defense.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

I didn't capitalize FIVE in that thread BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE WAS CAPITALIZING IT FOR ME. See my point. Everyone wants to be the first to proclaim how bad Tony is when he makes a mistake or has a bad game, and yet they apologize for and gloss over those of Tom Brady.

As for your prediction, it may very well be the case. I would tend to disagree, and I see more of a 22-35, 270 yards, 3 TDs, 1 Int type game, but whatever you like.....it still won't change the fact that Wade's defense owned Brady that time.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 10-13-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

If I can be serious for a moment, and leaving an 0-5 team out of the discussion about 2 5-0 teams: I like Pats 38-27. I see a high scoring game with the two best offenses in the league. And I see this game being a preview of a little game that gets played in Arizona, its played in February, its really no big deal. That is all.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

I said 28-24, Pats, and I think I'm rolling with that one. Looks like Henry is out for sure.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 10-13-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I like us 27-24, I think we can come up with a gameplan to slow them down, I just hope we come out prepared and not sloppy, that is all I ask...And after last week, if we just dont turn the ball over, I really dont see us scoring less then 30 points

Quote:
Old 10-13-2007, 02:59 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm feeling overly ambitious tonight.

I predict Dallas winning
44-24

The home field is going to be a huge factor. Hamlin is going to show us why he is getting resigned...nothing is going deep until the end of the game desperation. TOP will be 40-20 in favor of us...

The great thing about this is...if I'm wrong I went out on a limb. If I'm right I look like a genius :P

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Last and final. 35-17. Cowboys.

Pats are over-rated because their trench play is not that good.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Last and final. 35-17. Cowboys.

Pats are over-rated because their trench play is not that good.
Trench play is not that good? Their OL is sick and their DL is damn good. Explain?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote