Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 10-13-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Wow, I guess Shawne Merriman sucks even worse.

Ware is the most complete LB in the NFL. He gets sacks, plays the run and can flat out cover.

But if talking over rated lets us talk Trent Cole.
OK lets talk

5 sacks > 4.5 sacks

Ware is better I'll give him that but with how much he has been blitzing he should be leading the leauge.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, I guess Shawne Merriman sucks even worse.

Ware is the most complete LB in the NFL. He gets sacks, plays the run and can flat out cover.

But if talking over rated lets us talk Trent Cole.
Wow Ware the most complete LB in the NFL. Good thing this is the homer thread.

What about Cole? He's a backup DE that has more sacks than Ware, "the most complete LB in the NFL" has even though Ware blitzes all the time.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Wow Ware the most complete LB in the NFL. Good thing this is the homer thread.

What about Cole? He's a backup DE that has more sacks than Ware, "the most complete LB in the NFL" has even though Ware blitzes all the time.
Exactly!!!! Ware= Overated
Old 10-13-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Exactly!!!! Ware= Overated

riiiight...thats classic right there

he's so overrated that you wouldnt take him on your team over any lb that you have right now, ANY of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

he's so overrated that you wouldnt take him on your team over any lb that you have right now, ANY of them
I wouldn't, because he doesn't fit a 4-3 at OLB. Now, DE, that's a different story. I didn't say he wasn't good, but for the other guy to say he's the most complete LB in the league is overrating him. Yes, I do know this is the homer thread. Trent Cole> as a pass rusher ;)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
OK lets talk

5 sacks > 4.5 sacks

Ware is better I'll give him that but with how much he has been blitzing he should be leading the leauge.
Err, uh,,,,,, we play 3-4. He is usually the "4th down lineman" when he allegedly "blitzes"

And did you see the Newman INT v Buffalo. So sometimes he does cover the slot. Fact is he is not "blitzing" any more than last year.

Dude, Ware is the best COMPLETE LB in the NFL. Period.

He can do it all. Top 5 rushing LB, best run stuffing OLB and second best coverage LB.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I wouldn't, because he doesn't fit a 4-3 at OLB. Now, DE, that's a different story. I didn't say he wasn't good, but for the other guy to say he's the most complete LB in the league is overrating him. Yes, I do know this is the homer thread. Trent Cole> as a pass rusher ;)
Not being a homer. Best overall OLB in the league.

Their are better rushers (Merriman, Cole). Their are better cover guys (Adalius).

Don't think anyone better at the run. LT's can't push him and he sheds them easily.

Peterson can't play 3-4 OLB but Ware can.
Merriman gets out of position often in the run and is not as fluid in coverage.
Adalius is excellent but not the blitzer Ware is.
Vrabel? Please
Phillips? Pass rusher

Ware can play 3-4 or 4-3. Not one guy in the NFL except maybe Adalius Thomas can do that.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Guys....stop the bickering over who the second and third best pass rushers in the division are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Guys....stop the bickering over who the second and third best pass rushers in the division are.
Well when you don't play the run for a lick and alwasy line up in a 9/7 technique ......

You guys got most of them in one game versus one f*ed OLine. I would slow down on crowing them.

Pesonally I hate the Iggles but Cole is the best rusher.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Well when you don't play the run for a lick and alwasy line up in a 9/7 technique ......

You guys got most of them in one game versus one f*ed OLine. I would slow down on crowing them.

Pesonally I hate the Iggles but Cole is the best rusher.
HA

Osi doesn't play the run well? Watch the games....it's the better half of his game...which is why they often line him up head up on the OT.

Cole doesn't hold Osi's jock.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-13-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
HA

Osi doesn't play the run well? Watch the games....it's the better half of his game...which is why they often line him up head up on the OT.

Cole is a better pass rusher than Osi. Sorry.

Osi is a fine player but to say he plays the run well for a DE is a stretch and to say he is a better run stopper than pass rusher is even moreso.

My beef is that Ware is the best OLB in football. So, I really don't care about Osi or Cole.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

You don't watch enough of Osi, end of discussion.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-13-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, isnt Cole just a situational rusher? Isnt Osi a full time starter who's been to the Pro Bowl and faces constant double teams? but yea, Cole is much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
You don't watch enough of Osi, end of discussion.
Every week must not be enuff.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Wait, isnt Cole just a situational rusher? Isnt Osi a full time starter who's been to the Pro Bowl and faces constant double teams? but yea, Cole is much better
Please read: Cole is a better pass rusher.

That is the totality of the thought. I am not saying I pick Cole over Osi as an every down DE.

Please read carefully before taking a completely different thought and making "brownie" points with it.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
HA

Osi plays the 7 or 9. Never 5. How you can be an excellent run stopper as a DE w/o really doing this is beyond me. But whatever, I don't care about Osi. Flo already f*ed him up and will again in the Meadowlands.

Will do the same to Brandon Jacobs and his "injury prone" running style ....... won't make it to 500 carries w/o an ACL injury.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 10-13-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Osi plays the 7 or 9. Never 5. How you can be an excellent run stopper as a DE w/o really doing this is beyond me. But whatever, I don't care about Osi. Flo already f*ed him up and will again in the Meadowlands.

Will do the same to Brandon Jacobs and his "injury prone" running style ....... won't make it to 500 carries w/o an ACL injury.
So are you saying Osi has never played head up or inside the LT?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-14-2007, 02:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I would take him because he is better than alot of our linebackers however he is not the freaking best at the posistion in the NFL like you cowboys fans like to think.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

DeMarcus Ware = Overrated he in no way shape or form is the best OLB in the leauge. He is a system guy, he wouldn't fit in with any other D scheme in the league. I can name 10 guys that are better linebackers than him.
1.) John Vilma
2.) AJ Hawk
3.) Ernie Sims
4.) Takeo Spikes
5.) Julian Peterson
6.) Lance Briggs
7.) DJ Williams
8.) Shawne Merriman
9.) Patrick Willis
10.) Barret Ruud

Those are just ten off the top of my head I'm sure there are plenty more
Ray Lewis
Zach Thomas
Donnie Edwards
London Fletcher
Brian Urlacher
Lofa Tatupu
Derrick Brooks
Antonio Pierce
and Roy Williams would probobly be a better OLB than Ware as well.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:48 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait, if this argument is really about if Ware is the best OLB in the league than I'm just gonna stop... no way is Ware the best OLB in the league, and Cole isnt a better pass rusher than Osi
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
DeMarcus Ware = Overrated he in no way shape or form is the best OLB in the leauge. He is a system guy, he wouldn't fit in with any other D scheme in the league. I can name 10 guys that are better linebackers than him.
1.) John Vilma
2.) AJ Hawk
3.) Ernie Sims
4.) Takeo Spikes
5.) Julian Peterson
6.) Lance Briggs
7.) DJ Williams
8.) Shawne Merriman
9.) Patrick Willis
10.) Barret Ruud

Those are just ten off the top of my head I'm sure there are plenty more
Ray Lewis
Zach Thomas
Donnie Edwards
London Fletcher
Brian Urlacher
Lofa Tatupu
Derrick Brooks
Antonio Pierce
and Roy Williams would probobly be a better OLB than Ware as well.
Wow, hell of a long list. Only proves you have no clue what you are talking about. Derrick Brooks? Vilma? WIllias? A Rookie? LOLOLOLLLLLOOLLLOLOL

Only 2 OLB in his league. Merriman and Peterson. Throw in A Thomas -- but you don't have him in the top 20 LBs..... which shows what you know.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 10-14-2007 at 09:47 AM.
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
4.) Takeo Spikes
Maybe like 5 years ago. Rocky/Washington > Takeo
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
wait, if this argument is really about if Ware is the best OLB in the league than I'm just gonna stop... no way is Ware the best OLB in the league, and Cole isnt a better pass rusher than Osi
Best all Round LB. Yup. Mark it down. Not best pass rusher, best overall OLB. Name on better. Spare Merriman because he is not very good in coverage and tends to over pursue the run and ignore gap resp.

Cole is a better pure pass rusher than Osi. Not a better DE. Osi is better overall DE.

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 10-14-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Maybe like 5 years ago. Rocky/Washington > Takeo
Maybe like never.

That list was a joke.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Wow, hell of a long list. Only proves you have no clue what you are talking about. Derrick Brooks? Vilma? WIllias? A Rookie? LOLOLOLLLLLOOLLLOLOL

Only 2 OLB in his league. Merriman and Peterson.
ohh? no Jason Taylor, a 3-4 OLB? pretty sure he's better than Ware? You honestly dont think HOF'er Derrick Brooks is better than Ware? Not sure if he's still there, but I'd take Suggs as a 3-4 OLB over Ware
Quote: