Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 10-14-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default This is an NFL discussion thing

So the Rams don't belong here. Good day.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, today was a pretty poor showing to say the least. So much for Frerotte giving the Rams the better chance to win because of his familiarity with the system. I think he goes the way of Chandler and is gone after the season. Linehan needs to draft a young guy to groom behind Bulger as a capable back-up, or find a competent veteran.

Offensive line needs some serious attention this offseason. Wouldn't hurt to add some youth and speed at receiver as well.

On defense, we're in serious need of some pass rush help as well as a playmaker at safety.

This team has a solid nucleus of talent when healthy, though. Problem is you're not going to score many points when you're playing your #2 QB, #2 RB, #3 LT, #3 LG, #2 C, #3 RT, one starting WR and one who was #6 to start the season.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Linehan needs to draft a young guy to groom behind Bulger as a capable back-up, or find a competent veteran.
While he may not be ready to contribute as a back-up, I want the Rams to draft Dennis Dixon to develop.

I also hope Linehan gets canned.
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
While he may not be ready to contribute as a back-up, I want the Rams to draft Dennis Dixon to develop.

I also hope Linehan gets canned.
I think Linehan is a fine coach. He can't help it 15 of his 22 starters from week 1 are now injured or suspended. Even guys name Bill, Vince, and Tom can't win with that going on. We can't pin it on Linehan. Maybe a little cuz he doesn't have the backups ready. But they have shown the reason why they are backups.

We play in the worst division in all of football, second worst in professional sports next to the NL central, we are coming back and winning this thing at 7-9. Thats right, we are making the playoffs. Season starts now
Old 10-15-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

first off, linehan should not get fired, like yodachu said he cant help it that almost all the starters are inured, i mean look at the Baltimore Ravens two years ago when everyone was hurt they went 3-13 and now they are considered a very good team, so i think everyone needs to shut up and start supporting the team and then maybe we win some games

and also, the push rush was great against Baltimore, so i dont think that it is the #1 issue on this team

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I think Linehan is a fine coach. He can't help it 15 of his 22 starters from week 1 are now injured or suspended. Even guys name Bill, Vince, and Tom can't win with that going on. We can't pin it on Linehan. Maybe a little cuz he doesn't have the backups ready. But they have shown the reason why they are backups.
Sounds about right to me. All one has to do is simply look at the names we were playing on offense and tell me how good you think we're going to be...

QB: Gus Frerotte
RB: Brian Leonard
FB: Richard Owens
WR: Torry Holt
WR: Marques Hagans
TE: Randy McMichael
LT: Alex Barron
LG: Claude Terrell
C: Andy McCollum
RG: Richie Incognito
RT: Brandon Gorin

I count four starters on offense that are still taking the field. Four. That looks more like a 2nd-3rd quarter preseason line-up than a team you'd field in the regular season in a tough road game.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Marc Bulger is coming back this week, which is great news for the Rams. and my fantasy team

Playing at Qwest Field is tough, but the Seahawks are a bit banged up right now too and not playing their best ball, I think the Rams have a chance to get their first win if they make plays in all three phases of the game. Wilkins can't miss a field goal, the offense is going to have to put points on the board like the Saints did to help their defense out (and help create turnovers), and the defense is going to have to limit the Seahawks offense missing Deion Branch. The phrase of the week should be "positive plays," which includes discipline in not committing penalties. It's tough enough to try to win on the road.

That the Rams finally have their starting cornerbacks again, that's big. It is. Getting guys back and the offensive line starting to gel from a few weeks ago doesn't get much mention, but it's big for the Rams as they try to play better. I think Linehan recently said there's an outside chance Steven Jackson might play, but I'm not anticipating that. Leonard Leap ahoy imo.

Division rivals have great familiarity with each other, hence why we see close games and usually with some high scores, they know how to attack other, and Seattle/St. Louis was a clear example last year and likely this year as well. The offense needs to score enough points to not let certified Rams killer Josh Brown beat them again, else yoda will finally snap and people's lives will be in danger I fear.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Looks like Marc Bulger is coming back this week, which is great news for the Rams. and my fantasy team

Playing at Qwest Field is tough, but the Seahawks are a bit banged up right now too and not playing their best ball, I think the Rams have a chance to get their first win if they make plays in all three phases of the game. Wilkins can't miss a field goal, the offense is going to have to put points on the board like the Saints did to help their defense out (and help create turnovers), and the defense is going to have to limit the Seahawks offense missing Deion Branch. The phrase of the week should be "positive plays," which includes discipline in not committing penalties. It's tough enough to try to win on the road.

That the Rams finally have their starting cornerbacks again, that's big. It is. Getting guys back and the offensive line starting to gel from a few weeks ago doesn't get much mention, but it's big for the Rams as they try to play better. I think Linehan recently said there's an outside chance Steven Jackson might play, but I'm not anticipating that. Leonard Leap ahoy imo.

Division rivals have great familiarity with each other, hence why we see close games and usually with some high scores, they know how to attack other, and Seattle/St. Louis was a clear example last year and likely this year as well. The offense needs to score enough points to not let certified Rams killer Josh Brown beat them again, else yoda will finally snap and people's lives will be in danger I fear.
Fo shizzle, I'd grizzle my to nizzle to tizzle some fizzles.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Sounds about right to me. All one has to do is simply look at the names we were playing on offense and tell me how good you think we're going to be...

QB: Gus Frerotte
RB: Brian Leonard
FB: Richard Owens
WR: Torry Holt
WR: Marques Hagans
TE: Randy McMichael
LT: Alex Barron
LG: Claude Terrell
C: Andy McCollum
RG: Richie Incognito
RT: Brandon Gorin

I count four starters on offense that are still taking the field. Four. That looks more like a 2nd-3rd quarter preseason line-up than a team you'd field in the regular season in a tough road game.
This sounds like an excuse for future losses. This team started losing from jump....at home, no less.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This sounds like an excuse for future losses. This team started losing from jump....at home, no less.
And the team had injuries from the jump as well - Pace, Incognito, Bennett, Steussie, Holt, etc.

No one's making excuses, but the situation is what it is. You can't just ignore the injuries because you think they're excuses. They exist, and they play a tremendous role in how competitive your team can be every weekend.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

Quote:
And the team had injuries from the jump as well - Pace, Incognito, Bennett, Steussie, Holt, etc.

No one's making excuses, but the situation is what it is. You can't just ignore the injuries because you think they're excuses. They exist, and they play a tremendous role in how competitive your team can be every weekend.
Holt's been playing this whole time.

What losses are you blaming on injuries?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:

How about most of them? Pace was inured when we were ahead by 6 midway through the 3rd quarter, that is where our season turned around. WE HAVE ALEX MOTHER ******* BARRON AT LEFT TACKLE! ALEX MOTHER ******* BARRON IS OUR ONLY HEALTHY STARTER ON THE OL SINCE WEEK 1. NFL games are won in the trenches. On the offensive and defensive lines. And quite frankily, our o-line sucks, our d-line sucks, and we are still coming back and winning this shiz.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:

That's the problem, you seem to be focused on trying to find one thing to blame these losses on. Many factors contribute to a loss, and injuries for us right now is probably the biggest factor in our performance every week. The only factor? No. The biggest factor? I would say yes, personally. You don't field an offense consisting of seven back-ups and it not have a major effect on how you play ball.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

Quote:
That's the problem, you seem to be focused on trying to find one thing to blame these losses on. Many factors contribute to a loss, and injuries for us right now is probably the biggest factor in our performance every week. The only factor? No. The biggest factor? I would say yes, personally. You don't field an offense consisting of seven back-ups and it not have a major effect on how you play ball.
I'm just getting sick of hearing about nothing but the injuries. Some have been overdramatic when discussing them.

Somehow I'm sure somebody will factor Romberg's injury into the 0-5 start.

This team is 0-6. Can we just not pretend our head coach hasn't done a poor job so far this season. He needs to have figured out way to win a game.

Have the injuries been pretty bad? Yeah.

Last edited by PossumBoy9 : 10-19-2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Left out a word
Old 10-19-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think part of this thing is the fan support, look at teams like the Seahawks and the Cheifs, its hard to play them when they are at home because the fans get loud and help the team out, we need to show support to this team and then maybe they get something going, frankly im at a point where if the rams leave i woudnt give a **** cause all i ever hear is "the rams suck" no matter is they are 8-8, 6-10, or 10-6, and im tired of people not showing any support for thier home team and ive been hearing stuff like "itd be so cool if the rams went 0-16" i mean hearing that disgusts me, people in this town need to show some support or this team isnt going anywhere fast

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

Unhappy Let's keep it real

When the question of "what losses to you blame on injuries?" gets answered like this....

Quote:
How about most of them?
....it's certainly a joke.

Let's keep it real. No reason to apologize for a anobody like Scott Linehan.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some good news for the Rams in recent days, notably Marc Bulger, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Steven Jackson. Seems like the first three should be able to play fine this Sunday, and S-Jax might be back on the field soon.

Last edited by Geo : 10-19-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
When the question of "what losses to you blame on injuries?" gets answered like this....

....it's certainly a joke.

Let's keep it real. No reason to apologize for a anobody like Scott Linehan.
99.9% of the **** I say is a joke.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

Quote:
99.9% of the **** I say is a joke.
If so, my bad.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
If so, my bad.
Although, I have to disagree with u in a way. He has been outcoached, he has made some bad decisions this year. However, no coach can win on a regular basis with his QB, RB, and LT all out. I don't care if u don't wanna hear about injuries, but lets face the facts: injuries have been a major reason why we are where we are at. Sure, Linehan could have had his backups more prepared, but as I said: there is a reason the backups are backups. Linehan did wait too long to pull out Bulger, and he waited too long to take over the offense, so he deserves some of the blame, but not all of it.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

Quote:
However, no coach can win on a regular basis with his QB, RB, and LT all out.
The QB played in the first 4 games. The RB played in the first 3 games.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The QB played in the first 4 games. The RB played in the first 3 games.
Yes, the quarterback played the first 4 games, when he obviously shouldn't have been playing them. He should have been out after 2 weeks. As atrocious as Frerotte looks, a healthy quarterback gives you a much better chance to when than a quarterback with broken ribs. Have you ever even had bruised ribs, its very painful. Bulger's ribs are/were broken.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bulger shouldn't have played in week 3 and 4 and Jackson wasn't effective because our line was a mess after the 1st and 2nd week. I'd rather not risk a worse injury for bulger since this season is already over imo.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtfan92 View Post
Bulger shouldn't have played in week 3 and 4 and Jackson wasn't effective because our line was a mess after the 1st and 2nd week. I'd rather not risk a worse injury for bulger since this season is already over imo.
Don't lose faith. Season is turning around this week!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
i mean look at the Baltimore Ravens two years ago when everyone was hurt they went 3-13 and now they are considered a very good team
close but we were 6-10 that year lol