Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny how Roy went at his knees on the first series and he didn't get flustered at all.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
haha...yes but, they were pretty. You should have heard me screaming. I miss that player.

Im all for JJ getting the rock, id have to be stupid if I said he didnt make our team better, change of pace, reminds of the colts with Addai and Rhodes...Barber is so strong and Jones is fast, but im REALLY not feeling keeping jones in inside the 10, it makes our offense work differenty, I dont see any way in hell the Pats stop us inside the 10 with our O line and pounding it with Barber, but when Jones is in we tend to pass down there alot more, and I dont agree with that at all...

That was working, clearly their D line could not keep up with Barber and our O line, that was our one advantage point that I saw, one series we start with barber and get a 3 or 4 yd run, then we go 2 straight passes and punt, then everyone wonders why our D was tired...I think JJ had 6 carries and Barber had 8, if we dont get one or both around 15 at least were going to hurt our defense, Barber is the type of back that doesnt even really get effective until he hits around 17 carries, he makes their D tired, keeps our D fresh, keeps Brady off the field...

I didnt think it was smart to air it out so much every time we got on the field and try to score quickly, we had the lead in the 3rd, at that point im going to try and get the run game really going, and its not like they ever proved they could stop us, had Barber kept pounding and pounding, Jones would of broke a long one I guarantee it, but you cant expect to get either guy going under 8 carries, thats ridiculous...Play calling has got to stop being so fancy, run the damn ball, obviously our O line is alot better at that then they are pass blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Let's hear your truths. Here's mine.

1. The Defensive Line is simply inadequate. I can't emphasize this enough. Everything on defense starts up front. Jay Ratliff is a back up DE forced to play NT but he's no more talented than a spot starter at NT. Few more weeks before we find out if Tank Johnson can help us out there. Marcus Spears is a complete bust! Jason Hatcher is no more valuable than Kenyon Coleman ever was. He displays no flashes of upside. I see him no better than a career backup. Chris Canty is a stable player, but not a playmaker. If Dallas ever expects to become a better team it's going to have to start from the trenches. Right now, any success shown is merely fools gold. Every good defense has at least 1 or 2 guys up front that can wreak havoc. Dallas has 0.
I think I would rate them a bit higher than you. They are definately not getting enough pressure. However, our run defense has been very good. And if you listen to Wade's press conferences, he has said many times, his first objective is to stop teams from running the football. Spears has been very disappointing.

Quote:
2. Bradie James and Akin Ayodele are not good enough. Everyone thinks our LB unit is set and we don't need to address it. Well I say Bull S***! We need to find a way to get better play out of them or cut them. I hope our front office won't look past them when they look to upgrade our defense. In fact, I hope Wade is smart enough to realize that he needs to start fading them out and fading Burnett and Carpenter in more. The trade mark of a successful defense starts with the leadership and inspiration play at the middle linebacker position. The Dallas ILBs are just a mirage. They look like they're out there, but there not.
Good enough for what? I think they are adequate. I would like to upgrade this position on the first day of the draft next year.

Quote:
3. Roy Williams coverage skills are improving. Roy hasn't been beat deep all year. Nobody has recognized that. He got beat on one incredible pass by Tom Brady to Ben Watson today, but his coverage was tight. After he took out Watson, no TE became a factor for them.
The problem with Roy is that he is paid like an impact player. I agree that he hasn't gotten beat badly in a while, but he's not being paid as an average NFL safety.

Quote:
4. Kyle Kosier needs to be replaced. We should be looking at OG in FA and/or the first day of the draft. He's just another example of how poor Bill Parcells evaluates Offensive Lineman. I honestly didn't like his signing from the start.
I would like to have another nasty guard to line up next to Flo. However, I think you're being a bit harsh on KK. He's our worst starter, but those 4 other guys are pretty good.

Quote:
5. Anthony Fasano needs to be used better. He has the talent to be a real weapon out there. It's on Garrett to know how to utilize his strengths and hide his weaknesses. He's the type of player that with more playing time, will limit his mistakes and use his smarts to be a really irritating player for defenses to have to pay attention to.
Agreed.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
MaddHatter
Rookie

MaddHatter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

1. The Defensive Line is simply inadequate. I can't emphasize this enough. Everything on defense starts up front. Jay Ratliff is a back up DE forced to play NT but he's no more talented than a spot starter at NT. Few more weeks before we find out if Tank Johnson can help us out there. Marcus Spears is a complete bust! Jason Hatcher is no more valuable than Kenyon Coleman ever was. He displays no flashes of upside. I see him no better than a career backup. Chris Canty is a stable player, but not a playmaker. If Dallas ever expects to become a better team it's going to have to start from the trenches. Right now, any success shown is merely fools gold. Every good defense has at least 1 or 2 guys up front that can wreak havoc. Dallas has 0.
After the NE Game, I have to disagre. Our DL was solid and got some solid pressure on Brady playing against one of the best OLines in the AFC - they also completely shut down any run game NE tried.

Quote:
2. Bradie James and Akin Ayodele are not good enough. Everyone thinks our LB unit is set and we don't need to address it. Well I say Bull S***! We need to find a way to get better play out of them or cut them. I hope our front office won't look past them when they look to upgrade our defense. In fact, I hope Wade is smart enough to realize that he needs to start fading them out and fading Burnett and Carpenter in more. The trade mark of a successful defense starts with the leadership and inspiration play at the middle linebacker position. The Dallas ILBs are just a mirage. They look like they're out there, but there not.
Again, I disagree - they have done very well so far this year. They tend to struggle in man-to-man coverage against a slot, but are strong against a TE and great in space/zone coverage. They also have done a solid job at shutting down the run and plugging any holes our DL let's open.

Quote:
3. Roy Williams coverage skills are improving. Roy hasn't been beat deep all year. Nobody has recognized that. He got beat on one incredible pass by Tom Brady to Ben Watson today, but his coverage was tight. After he took out Watson, no TE became a factor for them.
I'm not sure I buy this. Roy might be able to cover a TE but he sucks in Zone and can't find a good line for the life of him when it comes to protecting against the deep ball. He's best playing up on the line and in the box.

Quote:
4. Kyle Kosier needs to be replaced. We should be looking at OG in FA and/or the first day of the draft. He's just another example of how poor Bill Parcells evaluates Offensive Lineman. I honestly didn't like his signing from the start.
100% Agree - Kosier is a pathetic excuse for a G in the NFL

Quote:
5. Anthony Fasano needs to be used better. He has the talent to be a real weapon out there. It's on Garrett to know how to utilize his strengths and hide his weaknesses. He's the type of player that with more playing time, will limit his mistakes and use his smarts to be a really irritating player for defenses to have to pay attention to.
I agree 100% - but we can only run so many 2TE sets before we start to ignore the talent we have at WR. Until Witten retires, Fasano is just a backup and spot player.

My Truths:

1) Ken Hamlin is not the answer... he's a wanna be Roy Williams who likes to hit (though he tackles better then Roy) but can't cover and isn't a ball hawk. He gave up atleast 3 deep passes and 2 TD's against the Patriots and bit on every Play Action they ran even though our defenses had held them to 10 carries for 15 yards at the half. When you're playing Tom Brady, you always think pass 1st and run 2nd.

2) Julius Jones should not be starting - I hate this topic as much as anyone, but on Sunday, Barber proved he could take the best Defense when they were still healthy and give them hell. He has more fire then anyone on our team and we should be using that.

3) The one thing we miss most about Bill was his discipline. When we have 11 penalties and none are on Flozell "False Start" Adams, we have a problem. We were making stupid mistakes (Kosier tackling Bruschi, Fasano knocking out the CB on a pass play, etc)

4) We are a good team, but we're not elite

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com
MaddHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MaddHatter you do realize that we were one of the most penalized teams in the league when bill was our coach.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-15-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would welcome Kenny Phillips, and a defensive lineman in the first rd next year with open arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MaddHatter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
MaddHatter you do realize that we were one of the most penalized teams in the league when bill was our coach.
No - I didn't check the stats... I just know his reputation was as a disciplinarian

Old 10-15-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sorry to have to call you out, D, but most of this post looks like it can from T-New41. I would expect better from you, :(
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree w/ your assessment of our ILB's...Bradie James is easily the most underrated player on the Cowboys on these boards. All he does is make plays...he's in on damn near every tackle. He has been exceptional this season and looks to lead our team in tackles for the 3rd straight season.

As for Roy improving in coverage, that's not true. They broke everything down on NFL matchup. He looks completely lost in zone coverage. While playing zone he doesnt know what the hell he is doing...it's embarassing. He really has zero clue how to cover, it's really bad, it was almost as if the guys on the show were making fun of him. He should be playing in the box at all times ala Adrian Wilson the last few years or be playing LB in a different defense. He really isnt a great fit for this defense...Shockey, Cooley, and Smith are normally going to be his responsibility and he cant cover any of them.
You do realize that every. single. one. of the clips they use to "break down" how bad he is are from the Giants game, right?

I admit, he was downright horrible in that game, but I haven't seen a single coverage breakdown from him since then. Hamlin had several yesterday, but Roy played a clean game. We'll see if it continues, but he's playing up to par right now.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 10-15-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Sorry to have to call you out, D, but most of this post looks like it can from T-New41. I would expect better from you, :(
Haha... A lot of vent up frustration from not being good enough I guess.

I do want a better DL and better play from our ILBs. I still don't see enough pressure and we got complete dissected from Brady. How do you guys see us fixing our lack of pressure on the QB? Our DE's simply don't get sacks. Conversely, look at how the San Diego DE's attack the QB both last year and this year. Run stuffing is good, but I want good run stuffing AND good pass rush. We can afford to have 1 DE that can't rush, but can stuff the run... but we can't afford 2 starters like that, imo. And our NT situation is sad.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

To our lines credit D...we got great pressure in this pats game...and just in general we have been getting good pressure. But teams know that we are weak outside and gameplan into 3 step drops. Look at the teams we have played. I wish I could find the stat of passing yards per attempt against us. I ran across it this week and we were in the top 5 I believe. You're not going to get to the QB when they QB takes three steps and the ball is out. This has to do with our corners and coverage abilities. For instance the play where Ware blanketed Welker Ellis came around after he pumped and stripped him. If we take out option #1 our players will contribute...it's all about our corners right now though.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-15-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Lack of pressure!?!?!? Are you kidding me? Brady had been sacked three times in the first 5 games, going up against the likes of Schobel, Merriman/Phillips/Castillo, Justin Smith and Wimbley--some of the best pass-rushers this league has to offer, mind--and how many times did we get him? THREE! All by ourselves we doubled his sack total. So, all told, we got FIVE TIMES the pressure on him that he got in the first 5 games. I don't know what planet you live on, but where I'm from, that qualifies as an excellent, excellent game.

Not only that, but the game plan that NE was running was heavy on short routes, with about 35 three-step drops. How do you expect to get to a passer that is getting rid of the ball that quickly?

Honestly, D, you are asking for the moon here. I have seen leaps and bounds of progress from Spears this year. Canty has been very solid. Hatcher has shown flashes. Hell, that sack last week against Buffalo was straight out of the Reggie White "you can't f---ing stop me, watch this" family of pass-rushing. Ratliff, to me, has been near Pro Bowl caliber, and has given me tons of optimism for the future.

I'll tell you what, I feel a lot better about our DL now then I did coming into the year. And, believe me, I was very skeptical that this change of scheme would help them much, but it has to an extent.

More importantly, we are not just good, we are dominant against the run. You can excuse them all you want for not having Maroney, but Morris has had over 100 yards for two consecutive weeks, and even more telling, that O-line has been blasting holes the size of the Holy Land for RBs to run through. We took that unit and put it on its back. They had about 40 rushing yards in their first 20 carries! That's domination against one of the most accomplished running teams in the league, one which had a great passing attack to take the pressure of it. Of course it got a LITTLE easier late in the game, but what do you expect for a team that has spent nearly 40 minutes of the game on the field?

Our DL is fine. There is no need to worry.

As for pressure, DMW, Spencer, Ellis and the boys are good enough to give us a top 10 pash-rushing unit. That's plenty for me.

I'm more pissed off at our luck. We had two spots on our team that were thin, spots that we absolutely could not afford to have an injury at. Well, the first spot saw its lone-gun go down for the season early in the 1st quarter of the first game. The second spot saw its best player miss all of preseason and the first 3 games of the regular season with a bum wheel, immediately followed by an injury to its second best player that ended up putting him out for the most important game of the season.

AND WE'RE 5-1!!!

Obviously, going into next year we have to spend a high pick--or premium FA $$--on a quality young corner that can step in immediately in the nickel, back up our injury prone #2 CB (AH), and then replace him down the line.

That's our biggest issue.

Our second biggest issue is speed at the WR position. It might not seem like a huge thing right now, but in the game against NE it showed to the watchful eye, and I think it will again down the line.

Aside from that, I could not be happier about our team. New England is closing in on greatness. We took them 3 quarters punch for punch, and then we collapsed under the weight of our own stupid mistakes (mostly penalties).

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but in the overall scheme of things something that should make us stronger, and not really hurt us much in the short-term. We are still in pole position for the East, and the entire NFC. As long as we continue to play at the level that we have played out so far, we have a great season to look forward to.

There's no reason to fling negativity around like this.

We were beaten by a better team playing possibly its best game.

The story of the game was this: WP says to NE, "We are going to give you 5-7 yards of cushion on every play, limit your opportunities deep, bring a diverse pass rush at you, and wait for your QB to make a mistake"

Well, the mistake(s) never came.

Hand it to Brady, and New England.

As for us, we're just fine.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 10-15-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Lack of pressure!?!?!? Are you kidding me? Brady had been sacked three times in the first 5 games, going up against the likes of Schobel, Merriman/Phillips/Castillo, Justin Smith and Wimbley--some of the best pass-rushers this league has to offer, mind--and how many times did we get him? THREE! All by ourselves we doubled his sack total. So, all told, we got FIVE TIMES the pressure on him that he got in the first 5 games. I don't know what planet you live on, but where I'm from, that qualifies as an excellent, excellent game.

Not only that, but the game plan that NE was running was heavy on short routes, with about 35 three-step drops. How do you expect to get to a passer that is getting rid of the ball that quickly?

Honestly, D, you are asking for the moon here. I have seen leaps and bounds of progress from Spears this year. Canty has been very solid. Hatcher has shown flashes. Hell, that sack last week against Buffalo was straight out of the Reggie White "you can't f---ing stop me, watch this" family of pass-rushing. Ratliff, to me, has been near Pro Bowl caliber, and has given me tons of optimism for the future.

I'll tell you what, I feel a lot better about our DL now then I did coming into the year. And, believe me, I was very skeptical that this change of scheme would help them much, but it has to an extent.

More importantly, we are not just good, we are dominant against the run. You can excuse them all you want for not having Maroney, but Morris has had over 100 yards for two consecutive weeks, and even more telling, that O-line has been blasting holes the size of the Holy Land for RBs to run through. We took that unit and put it on its back. They had about 40 rushing yards in their first 20 carries! That's domination against one of the most accomplished running teams in the league, one which had a great passing attack to take the pressure of it. Of course it got a LITTLE easier late in the game, but what do you expect for a team that has spent nearly 40 minutes of the game on the field?

Our DL is fine. There is no need to worry.

As for pressure, DMW, Spencer, Ellis and the boys are good enough to give us a top 10 pash-rushing unit. That's plenty for me.

I'm more pissed off at our luck. We had two spots on our team that were thin, spots that we absolutely could not afford to have an injury at. Well, the first spot saw its lone-gun go down for the season early in the 1st quarter of the first game. The second spot saw its best player miss all of preseason and the first 3 games of the regular season with a bum wheel, immediately followed by an injury to its second best player that ended up putting him out for the most important game of the season.

AND WE'RE 5-1!!!

Obviously, going into next year we have to spend a high pick--or premium FA $$--on a quality young corner that can step in immediately in the nickel, back up our injury prone #2 CB (AH), and then replace him down the line.

That's our biggest issue.

Our second biggest issue is speed at the WR position. It might not seem like a huge thing right now, but in the game against NE it showed to the watchful eye, and I think it will again down the line.

Aside from that, I could not be happier about our team. New England is closing in on greatness. We took them 3 quarters punch for punch, and then we collapsed under the weight of our own stupid mistakes (mostly penalties).

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but in the overall scheme of things something that should make us stronger, and not really hurt us much in the short-term. We are still in pole position for the East, and the entire NFC. As long as we continue to play at the level that we have played out so far, we have a great season to look forward to.

There's no reason to fling negativity around like this.

We were beaten by a better team playing possibly its best game.

The story of the game was this: WP says to NE, "We are going to give you 5-7 yards of cushion on every play, limit your opportunities deep, bring a diverse pass rush at you, and wait for your QB to make a mistake"

Well, the mistake(s) never came.

Hand it to Brady, and New England.

As for us, we're just fine.

I'm giving a stading O right now!! CLAP CLAP CLAP
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
MaddHatter
Rookie

Very impressive DMW - well said

Now if you can convince me that Hamlin shouldn't be sent packing at the end of the season, I'll have to hire you to come work for me

Old 10-15-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Hamlin was the reason that Moss was held in check. He had sole over the top coverage no matter what side Moss was on. So if you look at it like that it seems alright. The only noticeable coverage problem when he was exploited was the first play of the game. I noticed he jumped the PA when Moss got called for Offensive PI but noone will really know if he was suppose to have over the top help or if he was just reacting to the throw.

Hamlin is also one of the best one on one coverage safeties in the nfl. He really has the ability to slide down and cover a WR one on one. The only problem with that is that we can't really lose it because it would require playing a cover 0 with Roy as the other safety.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-15-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you are putting too much into that first game against the Giants. Damn near everyone on our D had a bad game, breaking in the new defense. Henry was awful against the Giants and look at him now...well, not his injuries but, statistically he's having a great season. haha. Anyway, since that game, Hamlin has been excellent for us. I'm very happy w/ the current situation at FS.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what you had to say. With the ILB, i would only draft there if it was a steal or one you couldnt pass up
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

It's hard to justify taking a ILB when your 2 backups were picked 42 and 18 respectably.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-15-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
James underrated on these boards? LOL. Are you kidding me? Everyone here LOVES him. I'm the only one who think's he's JAG. He's so average it's pitiful. I want Burnett to phase into the picture more to steal some of his time.

The guys on NFL match up are not proof that Roy is terrible. They show one play over and over to help them look like they know what they are talking about. Roy has done way better than he did last year. He's not a smooth cover guy, but he has stayed with his man and nobody has torched him deep this year. And as far as your hypothetical talk about him covering TEs... last I check, Shockey was held in check in Game 1.
Woah there.... pretty sure robert and I have been calling for kevin burnett since TC. Hop on our wagon D, Bradie is over-hyped. I always wonder why I see Bradie James and Marcus Spears making comments after the games that get aired on ESPN. I'd rather here what nick folk has to say, at least he does his job.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradie is far from over-hyped. You have to be blind if you cannot see how well he has played this season. He is in on every tackle...he's been in the backfield a ton of times this season. He is playing much faster since dropping the weight and is just making plays all over the field. What more do you want him to do...he has been great.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-15-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Bradie is far from over-hyped. You have to be blind if you cannot see how well he has played this season. He is in on every tackle...he's been in the backfield a ton of times this season. He is playing much faster since dropping the weight and is just making plays all over the field. What more do you want him to do...he has been great.
Pretty sure you just over-hyped him...

This board is so homer infested.

We just got our butts handed to us at home. Our defense couldnt stop the pats for the life of us. The secondary looked pathetic, which is the same problem we had last year.

We've played all losers this year and this was the first real team.

Time to see how we bounce back from a tough loss, and time to see how we play more real teams after the bye.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's not Bradie's fault that we have a bunch of scrub corners who shouldnt be in there.

I'm not over-hyping him...he has been getting unwarranted bashings on here for the longest time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-15-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Pretty sure you just over-hyped him...

This board is so homer infested.

We just got our butts handed to us at home. Our defense couldnt stop the pats for the life of us. The secondary looked pathetic, which is the same problem we had last year.

We've played all losers this year and this was the first real team.

Time to see how we bounce back from a tough loss, and time to see how we play more real teams after the bye.
Tough loss indeed. But seriously, who in the league can cover that trio of wide outs? I don't think anyone can. We can't... especially without Anthony Henry. On top of that, you have Tom Brady always finding the open guys and getting them the ball so they can make plays. It was a healthy loss that brought us back down to earth. Atleast now we have some experience against the Pats and know what to expect if we meet them again.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

I don't think anyone can beat the pat's twice in the same season. Maybe this loss is a blessing in that sense. For now it should be viewed as a wake up call. When your own coach says you are not an elite team, you clearly aren't.

We can only hope to get better, and hope that Henry and Newman can stay on the field at the same time. Reeves would be ok in most games as the nickle corner, but he isn't a starter.

Burnett needs to be a starter though, everytime we blitz him he gets within a half step of a sack.

Bradie and Akin are equal in my opinion. They are the same type of player and have the same skills. I'd put Burnett in there to diversify the defense and add to the capability that our defense has at the LB position. Burnett adds a whole new element that James/Akin do not provide.

We also need to hope tank johnson can equal ratliffs production at NT so we can move ratliff back to DE where he belongs.

The Ferguson injury upsets me the most, he seemed to be the D-lineman that had benefitted most from the switch. He was collapsing the pocket and getting far more pressure than canty or spears was throughout preseason and in the giants game.

I'd also like to see Pat McQ put in at LG to maul some people and show Kosier how a real lineman plays. I've been saying since day 1 that Kosier is a ***** and I always get based for being too tough. However, it is now obviously that he is the weak link.

The team we have is good and the defense has a chance to get better. We need to show it in our division games and throughout the rest of season in preperation for a SB run where we will probably meet the pats again. This was a good game for us, and a humbling one. Hopefully the team reacts like winners and not losers. I expect that BP's influence on the players will enable them to rebound from this.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

If Burnett could stay healthy maybe...just maybe he would have a chance at starting of Ayodele. They both play the WILB position. But Burnett is seemingly dinged up every week. Hard to work that into a lineup.

I don't get all the Raliff hate...or moving back to DE....he is really showing his colors our there and being disruptive. Everyone was worried about us getting ran on...guess what it hasn't happened. Lets give this up already.

As much as Koiser is our weakest link on our OL...we have a top 10 OL in the NFL and I highly doubt we would start a guy who has no experience in place of a vet who is doing an average job as a blocker.

Designs by me
Quote: