Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-13-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins36 View Post
well it looks like the 2 people who have the biggest chance of goin now is Hawk and Favre

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/...er/index.shtml

i dont understand how Hawk is higher than Barnett...
Name recognition.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow..talk about a bummer. AJ Hawk getting more votes than Barnett..
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could also be the residual memory fans have from last year when AJ led the team in tackles.

Barnett also seems to have a good grasp of the voting when he refers to himself as an a-hole. I also think MLB a little tougher competition than OLB this year.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

After the first voting was released midway through the season Barnett was number 1 at MLB I think. I think it went down because he hasn't had any big time interceptions lately, lol. I know Hawk is having an average season stats wise but he's asked to do so much the last couple months. 2/3's of the earth is covered by water, the rest is covered by Woodson, Harris, and Hawk. It's also hard to get a lot of tackles at outside linebacker when we've been beating up so many teams. They can't run the ball when they are losing by double digits.

He's given up less catches: less opportunities to tackle those guys, teams are running it less: less tackles, in coverage all the time: less tackles, less blitzes: less sacks. Kampman's tackles are down too because of this

I can't say that I'm surprised at Hawk getting a lot of votes, I was actually a little surprised he didn't make it last year. Betters stats and he was the 5th pick overall.

Coaches and players see how good our defense is the more games we have played.

My predictions before throwing in the other 2/3's of the vote-

Locks: Favre, Woodson, Harris. (I know they only take 3 CB's, but Harris was in the top 10 NFL defensive votes and has been considered better inside the league that Woodson has).

Pretty sure they will, like 90% sure: Barnett, Hawk, Kampman, Clifton.

75% chance one of these will: Driver or Jennings. One of them might sneak in over these guys on worse teams: Roddy White, Plax Burress, Bobby Engram, Colston, Galloway. They take 4 WR's, Owens, Fitzgerald, and Holt are locks. Burress has 10 TD's. I think he will be the 4th, but he won't play because of injury.

50 % chance 1 of them: Pickett (not a stats guy but I guarantee you interior lineman hate going against him), Williams (not even on the fan ballot but I'm sure coaches and players know all about him.) Darnell Dockett will be in, Tommie Harris is in but really banged up, Kevin Williams will be in, that guy is awesome. 3 sacks 2 INT's both for TD's and 8 passes defensed. Un-be-liev-able. The only way one of them gets in is if Pat Williams isn't voted in or doesn't play.

25 % chance: Bigby (yeah yeah I know, but he's got a ton of tackles and flies around plus he has a catchy name, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (a name guy been there several times), Tauscher (if any right tackle deserves it it would be him), Donald Lee (he's got numbers that would make him a lock in a normal year for TE's)

Bosanac01

Last edited by GB12 : 12-14-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

0% chance for bigby

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

25 % is basically 0 % in a thing like this dude.

Bosanac01
Old 12-14-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

no because if you say 25 percent your saying he has a little bit of a chance
when in reality he has 0 percent chance to make it:)

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
Old 12-16-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

If the voter is the type of voter that looks at stats, Bigby sticks out. 79 tackles is 4th amongst NFC Safeties. Has 2 INT's. 3 FF's ranks 3rd. and he's also on a great team.

Bosanac01
Old 12-18-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/ar...-pro-bowl.aspx
i woulda liked to see Barnett get on, but im happy with who made it
NICK COLLIN BETHUNE COOKMAN MADE the alternate list :p

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
Old 12-18-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

im hoping that Newman get sick and cant make it so Woodson will make it :)
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Only four selections compared to the Cowboys 11, or the Vikings 7. That's pretty bad...but, hey, it's the pro bowl...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty sure they will, like 90% sure: Barnett, Hawk, Clifton.
How's that working out for ya?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Barnett not getting in is ridiculous. A rookie LB (Patrick Willis) racking up bunches of tackles on a crappy defense over a veteran who's been the key to a very good defense is horrible.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
how was that game last night?

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
Old 12-18-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Barnett not getting in is ridiculous. A rookie LB (Patrick Willis) racking up bunches of tackles on a crappy defense over a veteran who's been the key to a very good defense is horrible.

And its his fault everyone around him sucks? Should he line up at all 11 positions on the field? Would that make you happy?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins36 View Post
how was that game last night?
What a relevant comment. Holy **** my team sucks!?!? I haven't known that for about 10 weeks now.

What are you eight years old?

Old 12-18-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

Wink

maybe i am maybe im not
its a secret ;)

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
Old 12-18-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think its that big of a deal that guys like Barnett and Woodson didn't get in while Bubba Freakin' Franks managed to get on the alternates list. It's the Pro Bowl, its a huge joke. No one cares about what happens in it, I don't think that many people watch it, and we all how much the majority of people who vote for it know about the NFL. Yes, I would have liked to see Barnett and Woodson make it but what are you gonna do?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
And its his fault everyone around him sucks? Should he line up at all 11 positions on the field? Would that make you happy?
Sure I guess, but I don't really see how that makes a difference. Point is Barnett's been making plays that matter and result in wins, while Willis has been making tons of tackles (that his sub par teammates are unable to make) in games where the 69ers are getting blown out.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I really don't think its that big of a deal that guys like Barnett and Woodson didn't get in while Bubba Freakin' Franks managed to get on the alternates list. It's the Pro Bowl, its a huge joke. No one cares about what happens in it, I don't think that many people watch it, and we all how much the majority of people who vote for it know about the NFL. Yes, I would have liked to see Barnett and Woodson make it but what are you gonna do?
Bubba Franks over Donald Lee? That's rediculous.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Yep, its almost astonishing how little some voters know about the NFL. But oh well.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell does Charles Woodson have to do to get into the probowl? He's been deserving the past two years. Nick Barnett has been great since his rookie season. He's had 100+ tackles each year and this is his best out of all, he should be there. How Lofa Tatupu gets a crazy amount of love and Barnett gets nothing is rediculous. I love ya DD, but Greg Jennings should be there over him for this year, and Woodson should be over Harris. After not making it in his first 10 years Harris is overdue for the probowl, but they didn't pick a particularly good year for it.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Yep, its almost astonishing how little some voters know about the NFL. But oh well.
Both were named as alternates, but I haven't been able to find an order. I'm positive Lee is ahead of him on that list though. Bubba still should not even be on the list since he hasn't played in like 6 weeks.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Clifton and Barnett were named first alternates...

Woodson joins them as a first alternate. Hawk, Jenning, Lee, Wells, Grant, Collins, and Franks are unspecified alternates.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Clifton and Barnett were named first alternates...

Woodson joins them as a first alternate. Hawk, Jenning, Lee, Wells, Grant, Collins, and Franks are unspecified alternates.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that when he said he was 90% sure they would make the pro-bowl, he wasn't talking about as alternates.