Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-05-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink

Quote:
or Hawk, or anyone on that level
hes allready considered a top 5 LB in college football. And hes done exactly what Hawk did at this point in their careers.

hawk and JL are exact players at this point. Size, speed, hands, etc...all match up.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsfan
Quote:
Please tell me how JL effected tOSU? They played 2 games this season he could of made a difference in... Michigan he was not to be found and Texas he played terrible, but you will disagree and just look at the stats. I guess he didn't help much vs Florida either.
And Poz/harris didnt have key off games? exactly....
I never said they didn't... Your the one saying that its a big deal. How they effected their team!!!!!!! I don't really care what they did for their team, I am talking about their ability to make shed block, make tackle, and read plays.

I never said Poz/Harris were better than JL either. I said as good if not better, although now that you bring it up I would say Harris was the best LB in the Big-10.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink

When your underrated Like harris, then get publicity, you become overrated. JL allready passed this stage in his carrer as a sophmore. harris finally reached it as a senior who is 3 years older!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
or Hawk, or anyone on that level
hes allready considered a top 5 LB in college football. And hes done exactly what Hawk did at this point in their careers.

hawk and JL are exact players at this point. Size, speed, hands, etc...all match up.
ok well don't talk about him like he has accomplished what Hawk has, that is what makes him overrated, he still has ways to go. Please do not turn this guy into a Clausen, or Juice Williams. Maybe after this year we can mention him in the same breath.
DoWnThEfiElD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
snuff

Yeah getting press early in your career means your going to be amazing.... Like Anthony Reddick, Willie Williams, Reggie McNeal, Gabe Watson, Pierre Woods, 30 different USC Rbs, Charles Gordon,Mike D'Andre and the 10000 other players that get overrated because they have a decent sophomore year.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink

Quote:
ok well don't talk about him like he has accomplished what Hawk has, that is what makes him overrated, he still has ways to go. Please do not turn this guy into a Clausen, or Juice Williams. Maybe after this year we can mention him in the same breath.
Read what i wrote, I said after there sophmore years they have basically been the same person. After Hawks junior year is when he was great, not soph.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Mike D'Andre and the 10000 other players that get overrated because they have a decent sophomore year.
Mike D'Andrea never played his sophmore year, and was hurt his entire career.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Quote:
Read what i wrote, I said after there sophmore years they have basically been the same person. After Hawks junior year is when he was great, not soph.
Ok, what is your point? Ok, hes pretty good as a sophomore... Does that mean he is going to get better? Nope. I wish it worked that way, because then Michigan's safeties would have actually done something last year, and Morgan Trent might actually be able to cover someone this year.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink

I think now your just incorporating whatever into the arguement.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was a true sophomore and in his first year of starting, and had 100+ tackles/6 ints/5 sacks I think were his stats. He tied Spielman's big ten INT record for a LB I know that. He pretty much dominated at Texas and Penn State and a couple other games. He's no AJ Hawk, but he's really good.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, what is your point? Ok, hes pretty good as a sophomore... Does that mean he is going to get better? Nope. I wish it worked that way, because then Michigan's safeties would have actually done something last year, and Morgan Trent might actually be able to cover someone this year.
ok now maybe snuff explained why its insane to compare him to Hawk better, lets just compare him to some other guy who had a great sophmore season then fell off the map. Thats pretty much the same... ITs one thing to give a player comparison in terms of athletic ability, but the way you want to compare him to Hawk is what makes him overrated. Physically maybe they are comparable, but as players...not yet.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
snuff

And Alvin Bowen had 155 tackles.... Stop bringing stats into the argument... They are irrelevant.

He wasn't very good against Texas either. He got beat around the corner several times and was blown off the ball and taken out of the play quite a few more. Many of Texas' 10 yard runs where because of him.

Unfortunately you will just point to his Interception where the ball was a terrible throw right to him.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink

Snuffs a moron for saying JL is overated, I think that sums up this topic.

Quote:
you want to compare him to Hawk is what makes him overrated. Physically maybe they are comparable, but as players...not yet.
i never comapred JL now, to the current AJ hawk. i compared Hawks sophmore season TO JL's SOPHMORE SEASON FOR THE LAST TIME!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink

Quote:
And Alvin Bowen had 155 tackles
And he did it against great competition right? geshhhhh
Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink

Quote:
He got beat around the corner several times
Um Ray Lewis gets beat at least 3 plus times a game also, but is he also overrated?

Urlacher got beat consistently at the end of the super bowl, is he oevrrated? he played well the first half, the 2nd he was nowhere. And all those runs at the end of the game WERE MOSTLY UP THE MIDDLE!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Snuffs a moron for saying JL is overated, I think that sums up this topic.

Quote:
you want to compare him to Hawk is what makes him overrated. Physically maybe they are comparable, but as players...not yet.
i never comapred JL now, to the current AJ hawk. i compared Hawks sophmore season TO JL's SOPHMORE SEASON FOR THE LAST TIME!!!
ok well then is it fine to compare him to a linebacker who had a good soph season then never did anything again?? Nobody is saying he is bad, just a bit overrated.

Do you see me comparing Chad Henne to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning because Chad Henne had a better sophmore season?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Do you see me comparing Chad Henne to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning because Chad Henne had a better sophmore season?
No, but if you did its alot more understandable!

patrick Willis got ran over 2 times i nthe senior bowl, and if you watch when hes in the game he even got beat, is he overrated also?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
No, but if you did its alot more understandable!

patrick Willis got ran over 2 times i nthe senior bowl, and if you watch when hes in the game he even got beat, is he overrated also?
is anyone comparing Patrick Willis to AJ Hawk or Ray Lewis?

btw Willis has actually played a full college career already.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Willis is extremely overrated by most people, but that's besides the fact.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink

Everyone agrees that Lauranitis is overrated by the media, but they dont overrate his playing skills, they overrate his publicity due to his dad, theres a difference.

Everyplayer is overrated to an extent.

Brady Quinn is considered overrated, so is just about every prospect.

Carriker was underated, but come draft time he will most likely becomeoverrated and drop back down a tinge.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

I hada comparison that he reminds me of Urlacher mized with Bruschi and could be better than both. I was being a homer and sarcastic. I think he is awesome, I think if he spends another year in college or two that he could be an ELITE LB in the NFL.

And being ONLY a Sophmore I think he was over rated by the media saying he is God's gift to linebacking. But to say he is not a stud is idiotic.

HE started off really hot in the first few games with 4 ints, a couple of pass deflections. Ended the year with 5 INTs, I think he matches this years total.

He averaged approx 10 total tackles a game, had some great sticks in the Penn St., and Michigan games. People have said that he gets pushed around and can't fend off blocks, I beg to differe. He was double teamed down field alot, and was all over the field from sideline to side line.

He stepped up in the big games. In the national championship game, he might have been one of the FEW highlights and positives for the team that was left in shambles. 5 solo tackles, 10 assisted, 15 total. Was all over the field.

He is 6'3, 250 give or take a few LBS, I heard he has dedicated much ofthe offseason not only in the weight rooom, but in the film room.

What are his stats speed wise, in the 40, and 100?

If he runs around a 4.60-4.70, I'd say he maybe better as an ILB in a 3-4 because he is only getting stronger and will learn to shed the beasts in the Big 10 at guard and tackle.

I think he can be a top 10 pick next year. Definatly a first rounder.

Maybe I'm just a Buckeyes fan, i Dunno.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OSU has a great history of LB's and when they get this kind of recognition, weather you like it or not, its usually merited.
I agree, but he also has the game to back it up. He palyed well against Michigan and struggled against the quicker players of Florida but he has the heart and determination and will only improve. Once he enters the draft, either this next year or the following year, he will be a top 10 and be about aas much of a lock as AJ Hawk was coming out of college. I'm not saying he will definitely be at Hawk's level, but you know you'll be getting a player that will get the job done every Sunday for a long time to come.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you so intent on saying "Player X is better as a sophomore than Player Y is." Who cares? Harris, Puz, etc. those guys ARENT SOPHOMORES. SNUFF DIDNT SAY LAURINAITIS DIDNT HAVE A GOOD SOPHOMORE YEAR. If you're comparing players at certain points in their careers, that's a different argument altogether. The argument is RIGHT NOW, who is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not at all, he wasn't getting much pub before the season. Other guys who had alot more pub (like Poz) didn't play nearly as well as Laurinitis last year. Strictly last year, he was the best LB in the Big 10.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
snuff

So brownstown 9-5. Interesting results I must say.