Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-21-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If buy saying we need julia to make our offense work well you must mean that we would rather convert a 3rd and long vs. a 3rd and short because julia is a swing pass back nothing else.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
If buy saying we need julia to make our offense work well you must mean that we would rather convert a 3rd and long vs. a 3rd and short because julia is a swing pass back nothing else.
There are times id love for him to be taken out, third downs, goal line series, but for now he's all we have as a change of pace guy, or speed guy until next year, and it does help wear the defense down as well...thing is barber got around 20 carries, anytime he does that he usually produces anyway especially in the 4th, last game I think he had 8, as long as we get him going our passing game works so well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You guys are so funny.

Was that a pro-offense we played today?

Pats can't run (at least not versus good Ds). Vikes can't pass. Chicago, Miami, Rams and Buffalo O is yuck.

Best test was Jints so far. We get them again in a few weeks for the division IMHO.

Last edited by cowboysforever : 10-21-2007 at 09:48 PM.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D...AD has a total of 63 yards =O
On 12 carries... Nevertheless, they ended up doing a good job on him overall. Our run D was good today. It's always been pretty good. The problem I have is not with their run D. I just brought it up today, because today was a real test to see if they are legit run stoppers. They proved it today. If they had let AD and Taylor run all over them, then I would've said what's the use? They don't penetrate AND they don't run stop. But they did do what they've done all year in stuffing the run, so props to them.

I still want more push up front though, so I'm still campaigning for that attacking DE. As I said earlier... in my vision... Tank Johnson is going to come to the rescue at NT for us, so I'm not worried about NT right now.

That said, Ratliff was pretty active today. I have to commend his efforts.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Bradie James
7 tackles, 1 Sack, 1 Fumble Recovery
This guy needs to be replaced ASAP.
7 tackles is an average MLB's numbers. 1 sack.. eh.. did you see it? Jackson pretty much ran into Bradie's space. Fumble recoveries are all about luck and being in the right place at the right time.

Bradie was good at attacking the holes today, and overall was active on the field. Can we get this every week?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
You guys are so funny.

Was that a pro-offense we played today?

Pats can't run (at least not versus good Ds). Vikes can't pass. Chicago, Miami, Rams and Buffalo O is yuck.

Best test was Jints so far. We get them again in a few weeks for the division IMHO.
Out of curiosity, out of what has been said... what part was the funny part?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of Chris Long there isn't an upgrade at this point of the season. Only guy who somewhat fits is Dre Moorse since he could pinch inside or outside...but we already have that in Ratliff...so I don't see the need...if we can find a guy with more upside than Remi Ayodele on the second day so be it...but I just can't see a first day DL upgrade at this point.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
7 tackles is an average MLB's numbers. 1 sack.. eh.. did you see it? Jackson pretty much ran into Bradie's space. Fumble recoveries are all about luck and being in the right place at the right time.

Bradie was good at attacking the holes today, and overall was active on the field. Can we get this every week?
He has been playing like this the entire year. I really fail to to see these "inadequacies" that some of you guys bring up. The dude is playing his ass off, and once again the high man in tackles in the game. And dumb luck or not he made the plays.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:

Also helps when you are playing a QB who holds onto the ball longer than Drew Bledsoe.... Anyways, what was with that jump on the Bradie James sack? Was he actually attempting a jump pass? big time mental mistakes coming from Jackson all day.

Bradie played solid today, Better than Akin - Ill give him that much. My Kevin Burnett campaign is still in full throttle though.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Burns you do realize that he was holding on to the ball so long because they were using 2 and 3 route passes. Our secondary manned up and played a great game...he jumped to dump off to his right i believe but the te was blanketed. I would have to go back and watch it again...but we had a lot of coverage sacks and hurries today.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Burns you do realize that he was holding on to the ball so long because they were using 2 and 3 route passes. Our secondary manned up and played a great game...he jumped to dump off to his right i believe but the te was blanketed. I would have to go back and watch it again...but we had a lot of coverage sacks and hurries today.
I realize that our defense benefitted from playing a shakey QB. Lets call a spade a spade.

The defense played a great game for us today, the secondary did their jobs, and Bradie James deserves credit for helping shut down AD.

All im saying is that we played the vikings... All of our players should have made the plays that they made and we should have got to jackson. I predicted that our defense would force 4 turnovers today and have an awesome day because they were going against a QB that wasn't ready to face a defense that was going to throw alot of different looks at him.

Dont get me wrong, the D played a good game, but we were playing inferior competition. Bradie and everyone else needs to play liks this in our divisional games.

This is a game we should have won and should have controlled is all that im saying. overall SOLID. We did what we had to do, nothing special.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I agree...good game to have going into the bye...plenty of things to improve upon.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention more time for guys like Ellis, Newman and Henry to get alittle fresher.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Speaking of Ellis. Wow. He's better now that he ever was as a 4-3 DE. Definitely had a strong impact in this game.

I'll take a whiny old man if the old man can keep it up.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, Ellis deserves every bit of props he gets, I think its great he's back, gives Spencer a chance to do some learning, and also see how Greg gets after it, he has been playing lights out...

and our bye is at a perfect time, we are getting healthy, Henry should be almost ready, Tank coming back, and Ellis needs the extra time as well...im happy with the effort we have been getting...

Im with d unit, id like to see us grab an impact d lineman, id be very happy if we found a d lineman to pick mid round first, and best corner available last 1st

Quote:
Old 10-22-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yes, Ellis deserves every bit of props he gets, I think its great he's back, gives Spencer a chance to do some learning, and also see how Greg gets after it, he has been playing lights out...

and our bye is at a perfect time, we are getting healthy, Henry should be almost ready, Tank coming back, and Ellis needs the extra time as well...im happy with the effort we have been getting...

Im with d unit, id like to see us grab an impact d lineman, id be very happy if we found a d lineman to pick mid round first, and best corner available last 1st
Terry Glenn comin' back anytime soon?

BTW, I want an attacking DE... like a Tyson Jackson perhaps... but I don't care if it's in the draft or FA or trade. Just as long as it doesn't involve us passing on Jonathan Stewart with our first pick if he is there.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Terry Glenn comin' back anytime soon?

BTW, I want an attacking DE... like a Tyson Jackson perhaps... but I don't care if it's in the draft or FA or trade. Just as long as it doesn't involve us passing on Jonathan Stewart with our first pick if he is there.
yea its hard 2 judge, im pretty sure we go after an impact guy in FA, id prefer to go young with db, and wr, and id take an older guy on the D line that could step in and disrupt things immediately, if we had a D line that could make pressure without ware and there would be no time for opposing qbs to make plays...

what do you think about Lawrence Jackson from USC we if we do take an DE first rd?

Quote:
Old 10-22-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
yea its hard 2 judge, im pretty sure we go after an impact guy in FA, id prefer to go young with db, and wr, and id take an older guy on the D line that could step in and disrupt things immediately, if we had a D line that could make pressure without ware and there would be no time for opposing qbs to make plays...

what do you think about Lawrence Jackson from USC we if we do take an DE first rd?
He's a good 4-3 DE. I don't think he's got the right size for DE or range for OLB.

I always like FA WRs than drafted WRs. ALWAYS.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

My final thoughts on todays game --

On carpenter... I will be the first to point out that he layed the key block that sprung watkins for the TD. I saw it on the replay on espn. Great play by him doing what he can when he is in the game... Now lets get back to hoping he can become a starter someday.

Also want to comment on canty, i really think he could be a force if he had a good player at the opposite DE spot. I've always liked him and even more so because he didn't throw parcells under the bus and actually said "part of me will always be a parcells guy" when wade arrived.

If im not mistaken I saw 2 big hits from roy today... first 2 i've seen in a year and a half... He played with more energy today, still cant cover, but more energy and that is good to see.

T.O. with no drops, an impressive catch on the sideline followed by a bit hit, and no bitching after not seeing the ball for the final quarter and a half. Good to see.

Ellis is what we need opposite of Ware. I dont care who gets the sacks as long as we get them. I also liked that package that had Ware/Ellis/and Spencer all coming on the blitz.

Only call of the day that I didnt like (other than any hand off to julia jones) was when we only brought 4 on 3rd and long and left Roy to cover a reciever?? I wish we would of brought the heat on that play, Im not sure what wade was thinking but we gave up a first down that we shouldn't have.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey D, which are your toughts on Anderson? I remember you being very high on him. I'm impressed by him, really impressed. When he engages a defender he locks up on him, he's money out of the backfield, catching everything thrown his way and making always good efforts after the catch.
He needs to recognise better the man to block, but he's still a rookie, so he'll have time to learn. I think he can be a pro-bowler caliber FB.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post

Only call of the day that I didnt like (other than any hand off to julia jones) was when we only brought 4 on 3rd and long and left Roy to cover a reciever?? I wish we would of brought the heat on that play, Im not sure what wade was thinking but we gave up a first down that we shouldn't have.
The call I disliked the most was when Ellis was covering AD out of the backfield. Luckily he didn't catch the ball.
I think Gurode and Davis, except for a couple of plays, were very good against one of the best DT duo in the game. Colombo had his worst game of the season, killing a drive that resulted in Romo's fumble and getting beat off the edge numerous times.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

When hasnt Columbo not played like crap, do we not have any better options for the year?

Quote:
Old 10-22-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
My final thoughts on todays game --

On carpenter... I will be the first to point out that he layed the key block that sprung watkins for the TD. I saw it on the replay on espn. Great play by him doing what he can when he is in the game... Now lets get back to hoping he can become a starter someday.

Also want to comment on canty, i really think he could be a force if he had a good player at the opposite DE spot. I've always liked him and even more so because he didn't throw parcells under the bus and actually said "part of me will always be a parcells guy" when wade arrived.

If im not mistaken I saw 2 big hits from roy today... first 2 i've seen in a year and a half... He played with more energy today, still cant cover, but more energy and that is good to see.

T.O. with no drops, an impressive catch on the sideline followed by a bit hit, and no bitching after not seeing the ball for the final quarter and a half. Good to see.

Ellis is what we need opposite of Ware. I dont care who gets the sacks as long as we get them. I also liked that package that had Ware/Ellis/and Spencer all coming on the blitz.

Nice, I didn't pick up that that was Carpenter.

On Roy, I thought he did a tremendous job in coverage today. Broke up that huge 3rd down conversion as he came flying in from nowhere to disrupt the catch. He also contained AD everytime AD came out of the backfield as a receiver. AD dropped that one catch... but I credit Roy for putting the fear in AD's head. Roy nailed him in the back anyways, lol. Roy's coverage skills are definitely improving.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:11 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
The call I disliked the most was when Ellis was covering AD out of the backfield. Luckily he didn't catch the ball.
I think Gurode and Davis, except for a couple of plays, were very good against one of the best DT duo in the game. Colombo had his worst game of the season, killing a drive that resulted in Romo's fumble and getting beat off the edge numerous times.
That looked like zone coverage and AD caught them in transition. Ellis was clearly pointing out to someone to cover AD.

Has it been 2 games in a row for Flozell not having a penalty??? It just may be... Miracles exist! Eh.. maybe not... looks like he's passed the disease over to Columbo. Marten isn't ready, but he should be trying to do all he can to be ready once Columbo's contract is over next year.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Hey D, which are your toughts on Anderson? I remember you being very high on him. I'm impressed by him, really impressed. When he engages a defender he locks up on him, he's money out of the backfield, catching everything thrown his way and making always good efforts after the catch.
He needs to recognise better the man to block, but he's still a rookie, so he'll have time to learn. I think he can be a pro-bowler caliber FB.
I really hope he pans out. He's a real warrior. He's a great story about a guy coming from literally nothing to something. Seems like he's got a great attitude and work ethic about him. I bet he's called every single person he knows by now telling them about his one catch today... all pumped up and excited about it. But yeah, I like how he plays with heart and gives his all on every play. I'm pulling for him. I like him better than Hoyte and happy he beat out Polite. If he continues to come through when his number is called, I bet Garrett will find lots of uses for him... Garrett does understand the impact Daryl Johnston had with the Cowboys when he played. I do believe Anderson can have that kind of impact.