Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Declaration Thread Part II

It was fun the last time. This time should be fun again. We'll review this at the end of the regular season. Creating this again so we don't have to dig through pages of stuff.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys lose to GB in the playoffs :)

Fun Fact!
Favre grew up a Cowboys fan
Romo grew up a Packers fan

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

We make it to the superbowl and beat the Colts....

Burnett gets more involved on 1st and 2nd down

Nick Folk converts 95% of his field goals -- Not much of a stretch

Roy Williams makes it through his second consecutive season without a bone jarring hit (please prove me wrong)

Marion Barber gets a 2-1 ratio of carries in the final 4 games and throughout the playoffs

Carp and Spears dont play up to their draft positions (although carp cannot be blamed for this until next year)

Romo has 1 or 2 more shakey games but proves to be a great quarterback who isnt phased by pressure and gets it done when it counts.

Julius Jones is released at the end of the season and we find his backup in the second or third round of the draft.

we aquire our future CB, DE in the first round of the draft.

We beat GB durring the regular year and they lose in the first round of the playoffs. Favre's magic runs out
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to add that there is one of these from the start of the season too...so I'll just link it here...
"Your Points" thread

Here is my thoughts from the beginning of the season.
Quote:
Dallas Cowboys 2007

9-7 winner of NFC East
Roy Williams leads team in TFL
Ware leads team in sacks
Ken Hamlin leads team in INT's
Bradie James leads team in tackles

Tony Romo breaks the Dallas Cowboys franchise passing yard record
TO leads the team in receptions
Jason Witten leads the team in 20+yard catches
JJ and MB3 contribute for over 2000 yards combined
Fasano is our most improved player.

We take our exit sometime after the first round in the playoffs...but thats a big hump for us.

Offseason.

We like what we see in MB3...JJ who was Parcells horse is shown the door. He was productive but Wade has different plans.

Ken Hamlin is resigned and had one hell of a year for us.
Romo's deal is worked out around week 10.
Crayton shown the door? I don't see it but would like to see it happen.

FA looks to be dull this year probably just a few middle of the line players.

Draft
We will go defense early. Look for like a Calis Campbell or Chris Long or w/e CB steps up.
Prob go best offensive skill position with our later first. I'm still hoping for our small shifty guy.
After this is a crap shoot....probably DE/interior OL/NT/CB wherever we didn't go round one.
I still believe most of this...after all it was only about a month and a half ago.

What has changed tho....
-Romo's deal will be taken care of after the playoffs.
-I'll buy 10-6 now instead of 9-7...I had us at 4-2 here...We have some tough road games coming up which will take it's toll.
-Hamlin isn't getting the INT numbers I though but then again he is basically just sitting back and not getting beat, i'll still buy him getting a new deal with us though.

Draft
-My draft thoughts have changed...with the emergence of Bowen, Ellis coming back strong, Hatcher turning it up a notch...DE is no longer a position of need anymore. I'm still a big Chris Long fan...but someone would have to go to bring him in.
-We will take a CB round one. This is a great draft for CB's esspecially in the mid first to mid second round range.
-We will either move up in the first round with our early pick or back with our second pick in the 1st round. At this point in time I really could see our early 1st and 2nd to move up and moving back with our late first..but that is pretty bold this early on...I'll reserve this till after FA.
-As for what we'll address through the first day of the draft here are my positions. RB/CB/Interior OL/outside shot at a shifty WR.
-My last prediction has to do with the Browns. If the browns pick turns out not to be a top 15 pick we will resign Julius Jones. Did I really just say that...Yah, and I'm not crazy either...going into week 7 JJ has had more yards than MB3 in the last three games. He also is running with a purpose. I don't think very many people see this one this early on...we'll see if I'm the almighty thule or just a tool :P

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just had a vision...

Tank Johnson is going to be a near Pro Bowl caliber NT for us. Scratch the need for NT in the draft and FA. We got our guy.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I just had a vision...

Tank Johnson is going to be a near Pro Bowl caliber NT for us. Scratch the need for NT in the draft and FA. We got our guy.
Lets hope your right, that would allow us to have him and ratliff in the game at the same time, which should create a better passrush from the Dline.

maybe Jerry should shoot a 2nd or 3rd over to tennessee and try to get us Pacman
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I just had a vision...

Just think if we still had Fergy. We could have Tank come in and rest him on the regular defense and have a fresh Tank and Ratliff on the nickel.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Lets hope your right, that would allow us to have him and ratliff in the game at the same time, which should create a better passrush from the Dline.

maybe Jerry should shoot a 2nd or 3rd over to tennessee and try to get us Pacman
One hell of a locker room eh?
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys will not have top 16 pick in the draft without trading.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will go 12-4 (at worst) and win the NFC.

We will rack up 50 sacks for the year.

Romo will be named NFC player of the year.

We will draft a corner in the first round.

After being banned for the umpteenth time a new poster will appear.

We will resign Crayton.

We will sweep the Eagles.

T.O. will not have a blowup.

Last edited by pocketaces : 10-25-2007 at 07:06 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
The Cowboys will not have top 16 pick in the draft without trading.
OK we get it, Anderson is playing great, he's better then Romo, you guys are good and arent picking in the top 5 anymore, did i miss anything ?

You dont have to mention that in every thread that mentions a Cowboy draft, its not really that huge where its at, a first rd pick is still a first rd pick, looking at where we took Ware at, ill take a mid first rd pick anyday and be happy that we still have another late pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

Sometime during this bye-week a miracle will occur and all of our problems will be solved.

Roy will start covering like Ed Reed
Anthony Spencer will morph into Lawrence Taylor
Marcus Spears will star playing at an all pro calibur
Julius jones will turn into his rookie self
And get this, Flozell will go the rest of the season without a false start. LOL

But in all seriousness Im expecting a BIG improvement after this bye week cuz everyones getting a chance to evaluate themselves on film so maybe we can realize and fix most of our problems.

And im expecting nothing short of a Super Bowl this season
Old 01-15-2008, 03:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Flozell Adams will not be resigned.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Flozell Adams will not be resigned.

I've thought about this and I think they will make him an offer. I think however he will be offered more out on the market. I don't think he will be back, but not because we don't offer.

I think we offer something like 3 years 10 million.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys will win next year's SB.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
The Cowboys will win next year's SB.
What he said. ^^^
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This one is not football related but I really think the Dallas Stars are gonna win the Stanley Cup, too ;)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:12 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Dallas will acquire at least one of the following players:

WR Roy Williams
DT Shaun Rogers
CB Asante Samuel

We will not get any of these players:

CB DeAngelo Hall
CB Marcus Trufant
WR Chad Johnson
Old 01-16-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dallas will acquire at least one of the following players:

WR Roy Williams
DT Shaun Rogers
CB Asante Samuel

We will not get any of these players:

CB DeAngelo Hall
CB Marcus Trufant
WR Chad Johnson
Interesting.

I know you think the safety Phillips is overrated, but I'm thinking he would look nice next to Hamlin and with the addition of a FA CB. That would be a pretty salty secondary.

And if we are not able to land a FA CB, adding Phillips and Godfrey to our secondary would be a solid plan also.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas will sign a big name playmaker in FA.
Romo will break up will Jessica Simpson.
Patrick Crayton will say something stupid on ESPN.
Several analysts will predict a drop-off for us in the NFC East - they'll pick the Giants to win the division.
Jason Garrett will stay.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Dcboys94

Alright here it goes.

1.Dallas WILL make DMAC a Cowboy.
2.We Will Not get Ocho cinco,Roy Williams(WR), or Deangelo HAll
3.We will sign a CB in FA
4.We will make a deal with Parcells how ever it may be
5.Dallas Cowboys will Win the Super Bowl in '08-'09
;)
Old 01-22-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboys94 View Post
Alright here it goes.

1.Dallas WILL make DMAC a Cowboy.
Unfortunatly, you are correct.
5.Dallas Cowboys will Win the Super Bowl in '08-'09
Fortunatly, your are correct.
Responses in bold.

Also, the Cowboys will start a dynasty starting next season.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas will not select an OT in this draft unless Free/Marten/McQ are traded...or the OT is drafted to play inside.

Chris Johnson is a first round pick

Lavelle Hawkins goes first day.

Antoine Cason is a first round pick.

Darren McFadden does not go in the first two picks.

Ryan Clady is taken before Jake Long.

No QB is taken in the top 10.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Roy Williams will become the roy williams of old.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanna play.

1. redskins will bring in a possession wr through trade or FA and not in the draft

2. redskins will draft a cb in the first two rounds

3. cowboys will not get a deal done with miami for the first overall pick

4. cowboys will not draft a running back in the first round

since this is a cowboys thread ill wear a cowboys signature for 2 weeks after the draft if im not at least 50% on my declarations.