Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Moss will be a Dallas Cowboy

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Randy Moss will be a Dallas Cowboy
you really think so?

Why didnt we go after him last season when he only worth a 5th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:07 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deion was sold we would make a big splash....and I just don't see any other guys outside of Samuel.

Add on the fact that Jerry might be one of the few that will give him a deal over 2 years and pony up the dollars.

We'll see what happens on thursday...I just have a gut feeling on this.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-26-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I was just thinking about this. Jerry keeps talking about bringing in a "WOW' player for the offense and the only two I can think of that would make me say WOW, would be Moss or McFadden. Who's your "WOW" guys?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't be surprised if the Randy problems have anything else to do with the Belicheck rumors going around either...because I have a feeling he might be a little worried about that situation....not to mention after the season he just gave them....I'm pretty sure some agreement is there between Randy and the Pats...but I wouldn't be surprised to see a team offer him a 3-5 year deal and the Pats not want to match it...

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-26-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But do you really think him and TO could co exist without any problems all year? thats my question, we would have so much media attention on us every little thing would blow up, sounds like it could turn out much worse...I just dont agree with changing too much on a team that virtually dominated the NFC in the regular seasons, a few upgrades and we will still be on the same track.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas will not be selecting at 22 and 28 on draft day.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

1.Dallas will not sign Barber to a long term deal this year(sadly :( )

2.Darren McFadden Will be a Cowboy (I just pray to god we keep Barber in the process)

3.We will not select at 22 and 28

4.We will make a strong push for Moss or Javon Walker

5.Flo will not be resigned

6.No 1st round OL

7.Lakers will Dominate (unrelevant, but they are sick!...finally!!)

8.Romo will marry Jessica Simpson before july '09 :o

9.Romo Throws at least 37 td's

10.The Dallas Cowboys are your '08-'09 Super Bowl Champions!!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Countdown to the start of FA predictions:

Flozell Adams - Returning; slight struggle
Marion Barber - Returning, Highest tender (1st and 3rd round pick compensation); Jerry ain't gonna mess around.
Joe Berger - Gone
Chris Canty - Returning, Second highest tender (1st round pick compensation); Jerry knows there's no need to give him the highest tender, so Canty gets $500K less.
Keith Davis - Gone; Pat Watkins and Courtney Brown time.
Julius Jones - Gone; We should've traded him when we had the chance.
Nate Jones - Gone; Useless player
Evan Oglesby - Gone; Who cares?
Cory Proctor - Returning; Provides excellent depth
Jacques Reeves - Gone; Gone, gone, gone, gone, get outta here!
Tyson Thompson - Returning; but may get cut before the season
Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Names that may end up in Miami:

Jason Ferguson

Bobby Carpenter
Jacques Reeves

Anthony Fasano
Pat McQuistan

...Anthony Henry

...and for kicks... Keyshawn Johnson.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We make a draft day deal with Miami. However, It is trading #22 for #32 and their other #2
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
bdlyons26
Rookie

bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.bdlyons26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

GD i can see this all happening...... except Javon we won't go after him because we have Glenn who is similar to Javon we don't need another older injury prone wideout we will either go for Moss, Johnson or a young guy with the 2nd or 3rd pick assuming we take DMcfad
bdlyons26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will not get a chance to draft DRC without trading up into the top 15. (And I know I/We overrate him according to some :roll: )

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 03-12-2008, 02:58 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Dallas will trade out of pick 28.

Think about this....look at picks 18-28 and I can't be sold on one team going QB. If Brohm is still on the board...what team looks to have a chance to go QB...SF. Now obviously this isn't a lock...but might be worth something to look into.

After thinking about this more I'm not as sold as I was when I started...but I still think that this makes a lot of sense...and we may get lucky again because of where we are picking.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-12-2008, 03:43 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Dallas will trade out of pick 28.

Think about this....look at picks 18-28 and I can't be sold on one team going QB. If Brohm is still on the board...what team looks to have a chance to go QB...SF. Now obviously this isn't a lock...but might be worth something to look into.

After thinking about this more I'm not as sold as I was when I started...but I still think that this makes a lot of sense...and we may get lucky again because of where we are picking.
Very possible. Chris Johnson and Felix Jones will probably still be on the board into the early second, as will Devin Thomas and multiple D-lineman (These are the 3 most likely positions that I think we would address)

As long as we go corner with our first pick, I really don't see what we lose by dropping back a few spots with our second 1st.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Yes, I also think we'll trade one of the first round picks, the second one being more likely.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a Saints fan we really can't make threads like this. We know all it is is wishful thinking cause nothing ever comes true haha.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Pacman will be a cowboy by the end of this upcoming friday....thats 5 days

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-03-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Pacman will be a cowboy by the end of this upcoming friday....thats 5 days
Tick Tock Tick....

Old 04-17-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Chad Johnson will be a Cowboy. :D
Old 04-17-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone look at Pocketaces and Brownstown's predictions? Pretty impressive.

Here is goes.

Aquib Talib and Felix Jones will become cowboys.

Cowboys go 13-3. Cowboys lose superbowl to Patriots.

Roy Williams plays average, again.

Barber scores 18 touchdowns.

Ware is Defensive Player of the Year.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Ewww what makes you think Talib is a cowboy? Id want to shoot myself if we drafted him.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

We will not get any of these players:

CB DeAngelo Hall
CB Marcus Trufant
WR Chad Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Chad Johnson will be a Cowboy. :D

Im confused? :)

Quote:
Old 04-17-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

[quote=D-Unit;844967]Dallas will acquire at least one of the following players:

WR Roy Williams
DT Shaun Rogers
CB Asante Samuel

So I guess were getting Roy:p

Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Im confused? :)
He won't be a Cowboy, but I can dream and make fun of it can't I? :D