Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=pocketaces;1015285]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dallas will acquire at least one of the following players:

WR Roy Williams
DT Shaun Rogers
CB Asante Samuel

So I guess were getting Roy:p
I'm keepin' my fingers crossed. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=D-Unit;1029977]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I'm keepin' my fingers crossed. :)
I'll hug you if we do :D
lol
Old 04-25-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, well, well... the time is finally upon us.

With that, here is my final Mock Draft Prediction for this weekend.

No Trades Mock:

Round 1

Pick 22: CB Aqib Talib, Kansas

Pick 28: RB Felix Jones, Arkansas

Round 2

Pick 61: WR Eddy Royal, Virginia Tech

Round 3

Pick 92: OG John Greco, Toledo

Round 4

Pick Traded for Adam "Pacman" Jones

Round 5

Pick 163: DL, DeMarrio Pressley, NC State

Round 6

Pick 167 via MIA: RB Anthony Alridge, Houston

Round 7

Pick 235: CB Zackary Bowman, Nebraska
Old 04-25-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why make a no trades mock? I'll declare that we will atleast make one trade on draft day...lets see those trades D.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna bring my big declaration before the draft tomorrow...but here is my major thought.

Jerry loves to be in the big light..with McFadden going off the board at 6 his big shot has failed.

Now to plan b....get your corner.

Dallas loves DRC...and with the addition of Pacman a NFL ready CB isn't a huge concern....DRC will get some valueable playing time yet still be able to play the dime when Pacman is reinstated.

Well there is a team looking to move down in the Lions.

You make the move here because 16-21 looks to be the CB spot.

Lions also have the most available WR imo. On draft day I really think that he is our best shot.

So I propose this.

Dallas gives 22, 28, 61
Lions give 15, Roy Williams

I settled on this value because the Lions are looking for 2 firsts for Roy which is probably what it is going to take to get them talking. Adding 15 is a nice 7 pick jump.

So from both teams standpoins...dallas probably feels 22 and 28 is a little much...so adding 15 might sweeten the pot...but now they also have to kick in their last first day pick to make it happen....I wouldn't be surprised to see dallas throw in a future based on playing time either. Small insurance against a injury and get the value closer to what the lions are looking.

The lions have 2 things we want right now....a shot at "our" cb and a premier WR. This is our chances to kill two birds with one stone..

Call me crazy but on draft day this trade makes a lot of sense for both sides.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-25-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well, well, well... the time is finally upon us.

With that, here is my final Mock Draft Prediction for this weekend.

No Trades Mock:

Round 1

Pick 22: CB Aqib Talib, Kansas

Pick 28: RB Felix Jones, Arkansas

Round 2

Pick 61: WR Eddy Royal, Virginia Tech

Round 3

Pick 92: OG John Greco, Toledo

Round 4

Round 5

Pick 163: DL, DeMarrio Pressley, NC State

Round 6

Pick 167 via MIA: RB Anthony Alridge, Houston

Round 7

Pick 235: CB Zackary Bowman, Nebraska

I only like a few guys on that list, really want Bowman and Aldrige as our 3rd back...

Ill go on record as saying we WILL NOT be drafting Talib, chalk him up with DeSean Jackson, neither guy has a chance...I'd also throw Royal in the barrel with them(as much as I like the guy, as im really high on him), he is a slot WR, pretty much every one knows that, we are content with having Crayton as a slot guy and keeping him out of the 2 role...

Im going to do mine later, but I'd much rather have someone like Donnie Avery, while a project, projects to a #2 WR much better...Bennett, Hawkins, Caldwell, id take all those guys first, as they look like they have more potential then in the slot.

The only thing intriguing about Talib is size, he would struggle severely in Wade's scheme trying to cover WR's with his back to the QB, he makes all his plays facing the QB, and time he turns his back and runs with the WR the end result is never pretty.

Also, throw some trades in, I know you dont think we are picking at 22 and 28, spice it up a little :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Why make a no trades mock? I'll declare that we will atleast make one trade on draft day...lets see those trades D.
I'll try to make up a mock with a trade then. It's just that it's too difficult to predict which of the other 31 teams we'll deal with.

First I'll do one for my own wishful thinking! :D

Round 1

Pick 22: OG Branden Albert, Virginia or CB Michael Jenkins or WR Devin Thomas

Pick 28: RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon or WR Limas Sweed or S Kenny Phillips

Round 2

Pick 61: CB Antoine Cason, Arizona or CB Patrick Lee or OG Chilo Rachal

Round 3

Pick 92: DT Pat Sims, Auburn or DT Marcus Harrison or CB Charles Godfrey

Round 4

Round 5

Pick 163: RB Cory Boyd, South Carolina or RB Anthony Alridge or

Round 6

Pick 167 via MIA: WR Davone Bess, Hawaii or WR Adrian Arrington or WR Maurice Purify

Round 7

Pick 235: Anyone
Old 04-25-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I only like a few guys on that list, really want Bowman and Aldrige as our 3rd back...

Ill go on record as saying we WILL NOT be drafting Talib, chalk him up with DeSean Jackson, neither guy has a chance...I'd also throw Royal in the barrel with them(as much as I like the guy, as im really high on him), he is a slot WR, pretty much every one knows that, we are content with having Crayton as a slot guy and keeping him out of the 2 role...

Im going to do mine later, but I'd much rather have someone like Donnie Avery, while a project, projects to a #2 WR much better...Bennett, Hawkins, Caldwell, id take all those guys first, as they look like they have more potential then in the slot.

The only thing intriguing about Talib is size, he would struggle severely in Wade's scheme trying to cover WR's with his back to the QB, he makes all his plays facing the QB, and time he turns his back and runs with the WR the end result is never pretty.

Also, throw some trades in, I know you dont think we are picking at 22 and 28, spice it up a little :)
Yeah, well I was putting up a mock that I think they'd carry out if they stayed at those picks. I'm not a huge fan of that either, but that's what I foresee.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

bobindallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'm gonna bring my big declaration before the draft tomorrow...but here is my major thought.

Jerry loves to be in the big light..with McFadden going off the board at 6 his big shot has failed.

Now to plan b....get your corner.

Dallas loves DRC...and with the addition of Pacman a NFL ready CB isn't a huge concern....DRC will get some valueable playing time yet still be able to play the dime when Pacman is reinstated.

Well there is a team looking to move down in the Lions.

You make the move here because 16-21 looks to be the CB spot.

Lions also have the most available WR imo. On draft day I really think that he is our best shot.

So I propose this.

Dallas gives 22, 28, 61
Lions give 15, Roy Williams

I settled on this value because the Lions are looking for 2 firsts for Roy which is probably what it is going to take to get them talking. Adding 15 is a nice 7 pick jump.

So from both teams standpoins...dallas probably feels 22 and 28 is a little much...so adding 15 might sweeten the pot...but now they also have to kick in their last first day pick to make it happen....I wouldn't be surprised to see dallas throw in a future based on playing time either. Small insurance against a injury and get the value closer to what the lions are looking.

The lions have 2 things we want right now....a shot at "our" cb and a premier WR. This is our chances to kill two birds with one stone..

Call me crazy but on draft day this trade makes a lot of sense for both sides.
Nice trade. Passes the smell test.
bobindallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobindallas View Post
Nice trade. Passes the smell test.
I love this trade too.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
i wanna play.

1. redskins will bring in a possession wr through trade or FA and not in the draft

2. redskins will draft a cb in the first two rounds

3. cowboys will not get a deal done with miami for the first overall pick

4. cowboys will not draft a running back in the first round

since this is a cowboys thread ill wear a cowboys signature for 2 weeks after the draft if im not at least 50% on my declarations.
1. i was wrong :(
2. i was wrong :(
3. i was right.
4. i was wrong :(

so who wants to make me a cowboys signature?
Old 04-29-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout you get the Madden league up and running and we'll just forget all about it ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I have this somewhere but can't seem to find it...Chad Johnson will be playing in Dallas this season. As early as end of TC...all the way up till the deadline.

BTW I seem to be about50-60% right on my guesses in this thread so far.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 05-01-2008, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have this somewhere but can't seem to find it...Chad Johnson will be playing in Dallas this season. As early as end of TC...all the way up till the deadline.

BTW I seem to be about50-60% right on my guesses in this thread so far.
And what do you think are we giving in order to get him?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:22 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
And what do you think are we giving in order to get him?
I think right now a 1st, 3rd, and 4th

Thats probably the best deal Cincy will find. Now that Washington is likely out of the running.

The great thing about that trade is....come draft day we would still have a 3rd and 4th round selection.

Essentially giving up a late 1st for a top 3 WR in the game.

This is all on the bengals however, it's their choice to trade him or not...but 3 picks is an awful lot to think about..

Another thing that would likely have to take place is Johnson eating some of his contract...not sure how it works exactly...but something similar to how Pacman left Tennessee agreeing to forfeit his garunteed money. If this were to happen Cincy might be more likely to find a deal for 85...and Dallas should be the first team on the speed dial.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 05-01-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think right now a 1st, 3rd, and 4th

Thats probably the best deal Cincy will find. Now that Washington is likely out of the running.

The great thing about that trade is....come draft day we would still have a 3rd and 4th round selection.

Essentially giving up a late 1st for a top 3 WR in the game.

This is all on the bengals however, it's their choice to trade him or not...but 3 picks is an awful lot to think about..

Another thing that would likely have to take place is Johnson eating some of his contract...not sure how it works exactly...but something similar to how Pacman left Tennessee agreeing to forfeit his garunteed money. If this were to happen Cincy might be more likely to find a deal for 85...and Dallas should be the first team on the speed dial.
I wouldn't be a very happy camper if we traded that much for Chad Johnson.

I'd rather keep Owens happy this year, sign him for maybe two more years after this season, and go up and move up to take a young WR next year. There should be very good talent in the draft, so i'm sure we could find a way to wiggle up there, with the way some of these trades showed up this year.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I would say i'm 75% positive CJ is in dallas in 2008....my only worries are when he forgoes his contract in Cincy...what type of deal is he going to get here. Then resigning TO...plus everyone else...yet another reason why Mendenhall would have been a smart pick...Smaller contract to a position that doesn't always last long in the NFL...allow MB3 to get his big dollars but to do with somewhere else..../sigh

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 05-01-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I would say i'm 75% positive CJ is in dallas in 2008....my only worries are when he forgoes his contract in Cincy...what type of deal is he going to get here. Then resigning TO...plus everyone else...yet another reason why Mendenhall would have been a smart pick...Smaller contract to a position that doesn't always last long in the NFL...allow MB3 to get his big dollars but to do with somewhere else..../sigh
If we bring in C.J i doubt we re-sign T.O after this year. I don't think a team can afford that type of money to the same position. Heck, i don't think WE can afford that type of money. I'll be pissed if they let Marion Barber walk for nothing in return. If he wants huge money, i'm sure there'll be some team out there willing to give it, but they shouldn't get him for free.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If we bring in C.J i doubt we re-sign T.O after this year. I don't think a team can afford that type of money to the same position. Heck, i don't think WE can afford that type of money. I'll be pissed if they let Marion Barber walk for nothing in return. If he wants huge money, i'm sure there'll be some team out there willing to give it, but they shouldn't get him for free.
Marion will be resigned...no matter what it takes now...passing on Mendenhall who was admittingly higher on our draft board than Felix...proves that we will eventually get a deal done with MB3. I have a feeling it might be similar to the Romo situation last year...let him play out to determine how much we are going to invest...his stock is high right now.

The thing to keep a eye one with TO and CJ is backloading their contracts....I believe we are set to go uncapped for 2011 but it could be opted out to be 2010....and if that is the case we could strike up a deal.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 05-01-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

At this rate, Jones will have an All-Pro team from left to right. Lots of shiny trinkets everywhere!!!!!!!!

Question is, can they win a playoff game with such low character clowns who think they are more important than the team??
Old 05-01-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Ah, Bob's at it again.

In Chad Johnson's defense, he was a great teammate before this year. I think the whole attitude he got when he said that he wanted to "bring his old self back" just derailed the team. If we were to ever bring him in, I hope he leaves that s*** in Cincinnati.

Bob, if you had a chance to improve your team, would you?

Wouldn't it be your priority to improve the chances your team has of winning games?

Don't hate Jerry for doing his job. He's doing what his job requires him to do. You would be one of only a handful of people that would mind having such a great player come in.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Bob, if you had a chance to improve your team, would you?
Yeah. I, also, believe in motherhood, apple pie and the stars and stripes.

Quote:
Don't hate Jerry for doing his job. He's doing what his job requires him to do. You would be one of only a handful of people that would mind having such a great player come in.
I am not a believer AT ALL in the George Steinbrenner approach to building teams. So personally, I find Jones' approach appalling and not very effective.

The closest I ever saw to an All Star Team being World Champs was the late 1970s Cosmos. Most Champions are not "star" laden and loaded with high-profile players.

So .... to say JJ improves the team with another Pro Bowl / High Profile signing is odd to me.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Yeah. I, also, believe in motherhood, apple pie and the stars and stripes.
Well way to dodge the argument right?

Quote:
I am not a believer AT ALL in the George Steinbrenner approach to building teams. So personally, I find Jones' approach appalling and not very effective.

The closest I ever saw to an All Star Team being World Champs was the late 1970s Cosmos. Most Champions are not "star" laden and loaded with high-profile players.

So .... to say JJ improves the team with another Pro Bowl / High Profile signing is odd to me.
This is not at all the George Steinbrenner approach to winning games. When we give up two first round picks and a boat-load of money to bring Johnson in, then that will be Yankees-esque. They're not even close.

I don't see what would be wrong with bringing in a guy who's disgruntled in his other team, and by doing that, he's giving any suitors leverage to trade, thus bringing him in for less than actual market value. That would just be simple and efficient economics if Jerry were to do that.

In my opinion if we bring in Johnson we're essentially showing the door to Owens, and i wouldn't mind that either. We brought in T.O when he was 30ish also.

So in the end Bob, if you just refuse to have star-quality players on your team, then i guess it'll just be your loss. How much has that helped the Pittsburgh Pirates, Minnesota Twins, Cleveland Indians.. etc.?
Old 05-01-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
bobindallas
Rookie

Quote:
Well way to dodge the argument right?

This is not at all the George Steinbrenner approach to winning games. When we give up two first round picks and a boat-load of money to bring Johnson in, then that will be Yankees-esque. They're not even close.

I don't see what would be wrong with bringing in a guy who's disgruntled in his other team, and by doing that, he's giving any suitors leverage to trade, thus bringing him in for less than actual market value. That would just be simple and efficient economics if Jerry were to do that.

In my opinion if we bring in Johnson we're essentially showing the door to Owens, and i wouldn't mind that either. We brought in T.O when he was 30ish also.

So in the end Bob, if you just refuse to have star-quality players on your team, then i guess it'll just be your loss. How much has that helped the Pittsburgh Pirates, Minnesota Twins, Cleveland Indians.. etc.?
And how many stars do the Giants have? Pittsburgh? New England when they won? Tampa Bay when they won?

Frankly there is one one spot on the field a star matters -- QB. The rest can go eat cake.

With respect to 'if they bring in Johnson they are showing TO the door.' Bull. Jerry Jones will never get rid of TO unless TO wears out his welcome.

Jones accumulates over-the-hill verterans. He does not get rid of them. They have to retire or be replaced by say guyz with ballz and brains like Bill Parcells (Bledsoe, Emmitt, Henson, ).

Jones for all his bravado is terrified of personnel change unless it invloves cutting a nobody.

Jones for all his mumble feels secure signing other people's high profile players -- Tank, Zach, Pacman, TO, Bigg -- while ignoring his young talent and refusing to develop it.

I still remember the fits he had getting rid of Emmitt and that dude was totally shot.

Last edited by bobindallas : 05-01-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
And how many stars do the Giants have? Pittsburgh? New England when they won? Tampa Bay when they won?

Frankly there is one one spot on the field a star matters -- QB. The rest can go eat cake.

With respect to 'if they bring in Johnson they are showing TO the door.' Bull. Jerry Jones will never get rid of TO unless TO wears out his welcome.

Jones accumulates over-the-hill verterans. He does not get rid of them. They have to retire or be replaced by say guyz with ballz and brains like Bill Parcells (Bledsoe, Emmitt, Henson, ).

Jones for all his bravado is terrified of personnel change unless it invloves cutting a nobody.

Jones for all his mumble feels secure signing other people's high profile players. Tank, Zach, Pacman, TO, Bigg.

I still remember the fits he had getting rid of Emmitt and that dude was totally shot.
Well in your eyes, what would constitute a "star player"?? Please, define that first, and then we can go on to the arguments on who had "star" players when they won championships.

So tell me, if you think we can bring in Johnson and keep T.O, how are we gonna do that? How are you gonna have two players with ridiculous contract requirements under the salary cap? We're gonna break the bank for DeMarcus Ware pretty soon, we NEED to pay Ken Hamlin, and still have money to wiggle around. So how do you suggest we'll have two WR's making 6, 7 million dollars each?

As to Jerry collecting over-the-hill veterans, how many times in the past, say, 5 years, has he over-paid for veterans to come in and start for him?

Everyone was yelling for Jerry Porter to come here, did he do that? No.

Half the Cowboys' community was mad when they didn't wanna pay Dexter Coakley and LaRoi Glover, or did you forget those Pro-Bowlers?

Before the Henry/Ferguson/Rivera off-season, a lot of people were upset at the fact that the Cowboys refused to spend money in the offseason, so i don't know where you're getting this non-sense.

I would have had a fit if i was forced to make a decision on one of the greatest running-backs of all time insisting that he still could play, and you saying he couldn't. Frankly, i wouldn't have wanted him to leave either. Why would you want one of the greatest players in the storied franchise that is the Cowboys, go and wear another teams uniform and sully his legacy?