Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 10-18-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Woodson vs Ryan

Assuming the Bears pick in the 8-12 range theres a good chance the choice of Qb will come down to these two, which would pick and why? I'll throw my two cents in later, because I'm at class.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Assuming the Bears pick in the 8-12 range theres a good chance the choice of Qb will come down to these two, which would pick and why? I'll throw my two cents in later, because I'm at class.
I'd go for Kenny Phillips primarily assuming he falls that far, and then trade up into the 20's where Brohm will likely be.

However, if it came down to Ryan and Woodson, I'd take Woodson in a heartbeat. Ryan is overrated if you ask me, and I probably prefer Brohm over Ryan as well.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly doubt that Angelo would trade up into round one seeing how we'd have to give up next years 1st most likely. I would take Woodson. I don't see either of them taking us anywhere next year and Woodson has a much stronger arm to through the deep ball to Berrian which has been non-existent this year. Ryan looked a lot like Griese to me in the ND game with all the check downs. I'd prefer Woodson's upside.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I highly doubt that Angelo would trade up into round one seeing how we'd have to give up next years 1st most likely. I would take Woodson. I don't see either of them taking us anywhere next year and Woodson has a much stronger arm to through the deep ball to Berrian which has been non-existent this year. Ryan looked a lot like Griese to me in the ND game with all the check downs. I'd prefer Woodson's upside.
Just because the Browns needed to use a future first rounder to trade up doesn't mean now every team automatically has to give up a future 1st rounder now if they want to move up. With the Bears picking at 8 like I predicted, our 2nd round pick, the 3rd rounder from San Diego, and Alex Brown (who probably has the trade value of a mid 3rd rounder) would be pretty much equivalent to that of a 1st round pick in the early 20's.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really depends ... if we're trying to find a guy to step in soon, then I would take Ryan. If we're going for upside, which comes with increased bust potential, then I'd go with Woodson.

Tough call ... a lot having to do with who our OC/QB Coach is. If it's the current cast, I would actually go with Ryan. If not, then I'd consider Woodson, even though I personally still prefer Woodson over Ryan by a tad.

That said, I doubt both are available in the 8-12 range, and in fact, both could be gone.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
It really depends ... if we're trying to find a guy to step in soon, then I would take Ryan. If we're going for upside, which comes with increased bust potential, then I'd go with Woodson.

Tough call ... a lot having to do with who our OC/QB Coach is. If it's the current cast, I would actually go with Ryan. If not, then I'd consider Woodson, even though I personally still prefer Woodson over Ryan by a tad.

That said, I doubt both are available in the 8-12 range, and in fact, both could be gone.
I think the Bears just want someone with a bust-factor that is as low as possible, with Grossman being sub-par (bust?) I'd say they're not gonna take a chance on a woodson.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

toon, I have a question... who do you have in the top 7-8 taking both Woodson and Ryan. I see only one team right now that will most likely take a QB with their first pick and that is Atlanta, and that might not even be the case. Minnesota is gonna stick with Jackson and Buffalo is gonna stick with Edwards.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that QB's are going to fall further this year than last year.
atlanta and the bears are probably the top two teams with pressing qb needs.

seattle, st. louis are probably are the next two closest teams (assuming seattle might move seneca wallace to wr?), followed by minn, detroit, the giants, green bay, cincy, new orleans and miami... everyone else either has a high draft pick in a third year or less qb, or have at least good backup to their veterans and aren't too old and can progressively start (or visa versa)... (the first group is the bills the jets the niners the cards the broncos the titans the cheifs the fins the skins the chargers the browns and the texans, the second is the cowboys, colts, steelers, panthers)

seattle will end up with a 16th pick, and st louis probably in the top five. st louis wouldn't pick a QB with that pick and would probably deal down, seattle would probably go OLine anyway, and st louis would probably be more interested in the secondary boys anyway this year... so i can see top QB talent dropping to the 20's range. i bet one of the three will be picked at the top of the order just based on value.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:55 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
toon, I have a question... who do you have in the top 7-8 taking both Woodson and Ryan. I see only one team right now that will most likely take a QB with their first pick and that is Atlanta, and that might not even be the case. Minnesota is gonna stick with Jackson and Buffalo is gonna stick with Edwards.
I have Minnesota.

1. Let's wait and see how Childress shakes out, although I think he stays.

2. Where else do they go that high? Sure, you can make a case for a couple spots, but yhis team is really a QB, and maybe a WR, away from being competitive. I'm still not sold any WR works their way up that high, and they reportedly have been pleased with Rice, last I checked.

3. Let's see some Losman type improvement from him. Buffalo 2006 and this year's Minnesota squads are fairly similar in many respects. But Losman was decent and showing some growth. I've got a hard time seeing them pass on a "ready" QB like Ryan, someone who could probably step in right now and not do worse than Jackson right now.

Short of it is that, unless Tarvaris steps it up, I've got a hard time seeing them say no to a QB if they are picking ahead of us.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I personally am a fan of Jackson and I don't think the vikings will be last in the division.