Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-04-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
That West Ham, Tott game was nutso. It is one of those games that even though i don't like either team, i couldn't walk away.
Oh, i definitly walked away when West Ham was up 2-0 and im pissed that i missed it but Fox Soccer Channel is showing it again so ill record it and watch it.

Also who else is pumped for Leg 2 of the "Sweet 16" of the UEFA this week!!!!!!

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
PMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Teams like Chelsea fail because they rely on the individuals talent to win games. Ego's run high and they don't play as a team.
Who are the defending EPL champions and just won the Carling Cup?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD View Post
and are in great form heading into the UEFA match at home on tuesday

first to 500 posts
Old 03-04-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um Chelsea lost this year (I don't care about last year, that was before they signed up Schevshenko, Ashley Cole, Drogba, and Ballack).

They have hands down the best on paper squad in the EPL. Essien, Terry, Lampard, Cech, Schevy, Ballack, Robben, Cole, Cole, Makalele, Drogba....

(Drogba's first full season with Chelsea was this year).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Chelsea is in great shape. Still in FA cup, still in UEFA cup, they just won the Carling Cup.

So just because they are second to a great Man U team you think they are "lost this year"?

first to 500 posts
Old 03-04-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
Chelsea is in great shape. Still in FA cup, still in UEFA cup, they just won the Carling Cup.

So just because they are second to a great Man U team you think they are "lost this year"?
I'm saying they won't win the FA Cup and they won't win the UEFA Cup. I'll guarantee it right now.

They may be in good shape going in, but they'll fall.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm saying they won't win the FA Cup and they won't win the UEFA Cup. I'll guarantee it right now.

They may be in good shape going in, but they'll fall.
They might not win one of those cups but they still had a good season it was far from "lost" if you want to talk about "lost season" talk to an Arsenal supporter.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-04-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
They might not win one of those cups but they still had a good season it was far from "lost" if you want to talk about "lost season" talk to an Arsenal supporter.
When did I ever say it was a lost season? Stop putting words into my mouth.

I said teams like that fail a lot because they rely on the individuals talent.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
When did I ever say it was a lost season? Stop putting words into my mouth.

I said teams like that fail a lot because they rely on the individuals talent.
well you kind of said both, and i agree with you on the part that teams rely on individual talent.

but a couple of posts up you said

Quote:
Um Chelsea lost this year (I don't care about last year

first to 500 posts
Old 03-04-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
well you kind of said both, and i agree with you on the part that teams rely on individual talent.

but a couple of posts up you said
Yea, I said they lost in the EPL. I didn't say their season was lost.

Why don't you re-read what I quoted then come on back to me buddy.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea, I said they lost in the EPL. I didn't say their season was lost.

Why don't you re-read what I quoted then come on back to me buddy.
alright but answer me this, if Chelsea wins either the FA or UEFA and likewise Man U get the EPL crown did Chelsea still have a year you can call a success?

first to 500 posts
Old 03-04-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
alright but answer me this, if Chelsea wins either the FA or UEFA and likewise Man U get the EPL crown did Chelsea still have a year you can call a success?
Yes. But it won't happen.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

alright so would you rather win your own league table or win the UEFA Cup? because personally ill take the win in a playoff format championship game.

first to 500 posts

Last edited by TCU : 03-04-2007 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-04-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
alright so would you rather win your own league table or win the UEFA Cup? because personally ill take the win in a playoff format championship game.
Well of course I'll take the UEFA Cup. The EPL is the regular season, and everything after that is the playoffs.

But like I said, they won't win it. Not a big fan of their manager and I think they'll fall short. They've got the talent, but I don't like the way the team is run at all.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
Well of course I'll take the UEFA Cup. The EPL is the regular season, and everything after that is the playoffs.

But like I said, they won't win it. Not a big fan of their manager and I think they'll fall short. They've got the talent, but I don't like the way the team is run at all.
alright and i will definitly agree with you on Jose Mourinho.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-04-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
PMD

Chelsea aren't in the UEFA Cup, they're in the UEFA Champions League.

You can't win "UEFA", it's an organization, like the NCAA.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you are so sure that Chelsea won't win the ECC, then who will? All teams have looked far from stellar, and don't say Man U because they did not deserve the victory over Lille, and don't say Inter because the Italian League sucks this year and that's the only reason for their unbeaten record. I doubt they will even make the next round. I think Chelsea are the favourites to win it.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
If you are so sure that Chelsea won't win the ECC, then who will? All teams have looked far from stellar, and don't say Man U because they did not deserve the victory over Lille, and don't say Inter because the Italian League sucks this year and that's the only reason for their unbeaten record. I doubt they will even make the next round. I think Chelsea are the favourites to win it.
And Chelsea was the favorite to win the EPL this year too.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Barca could repeat. Liverpool has been hot of late. Arsenal is always a tough out. Manchester United has to get some consideration.

Would you like to make a bet with me on this? Straight up, if Chelsea wins I lose, but if they don't win you lose.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing him take it, but I trust your judgement.
and i will trust YouTube
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:18 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant get over that Lennon backheel... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfYC4FCvvA
Old 03-05-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barca could repeat. Liverpool has been hot of late. Arsenal is always a tough out. Manchester United has to get some consideration.

Would you like to make a bet with me on this? Straight up, if Chelsea wins I lose, but if they don't win you lose.
Arsenal couldn't even beat PSV, and Barca won't advance. They need a 2 goal victory or 3 goals plus penalties. Not gonna happen. Madrid and Bayern stink. Chelsea is the favourite in a slim margin over Man U.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-05-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
Cant get over that Lennon backheel... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfYC4FCvvA
Can't get over Lennon period

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-05-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
PMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
There's only one Lenny!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU86VoTCS3o
Old 03-05-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
There's only one Lenny!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU86VoTCS3o
Ahem......homer

sig by BoneKrusher