Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-19-2010, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Germans make a living off stealing players.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure it's not stealing when the players a) grow up in Germany or b) choose to live and play in Germany. If the Turks had convinced Ozil not to represent the country he was born, raised and lived in, that would stealing a player away. Our foreign-born/ethnically foreign, came through our ranks and chose to play us for their whole careers.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm pretty sure it's not stealing when the players a) grow up in Germany or b) choose to live and play in Germany. If the Turks had convinced Ozil not to represent the country he was born, raised and lived in, that would stealing a player away. Our foreign-born/ethnically foreign, came through our ranks and chose to play us for their whole careers.
I don't think they were being serious. Same thing with the dutch team, there might be guys from Maroccan descent in it, but those are usually second or even third-generation dutch-born children of immigrants.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just kidding man. Still tho....you have to feel for a country like Poland losing guys of real quality like Podolski and Klose. Kuryani could be a nice boost for Panama (I think it's Panama anyway) as well.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go big or go home. Brazilian 'rejects' is the way to go. That's the way us Portuguese do it ha. ;)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm just kidding man. Still tho....you have to feel for a country like Poland losing guys of real quality like Podolski and Klose. Kuryani could be a nice boost for Panama (I think it's Panama anyway) as well.
Brazil IIRC, wouldn't be that big a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Go big or go home. Brazilian 'rejects' is the way to go. That's the way us Portuguese do it ha. ;)
jup pretty much. Isn't it incredibly easy to get the portugese nationality as a brazilian?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-20-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Brazil IIRC, wouldn't be that big a deal.

jup pretty much. Isn't it incredibly easy to get the portugese nationality as a brazilian?
Looked it up, he is actually eligible for Panama, Brazil, and Germany
Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Looked it up, he is actually eligible for Panama, Brazil, and Germany
oh right... complicated. Well anyway I don't think he'll be switching soon, since he'd have to miss like 4 years of national soccer before he can join another national team.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-20-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
oh right... complicated. Well anyway I don't think he'll be switching soon, since he'd have to miss like 4 years of national soccer before he can join another national team.
Yeah, I know he won't be switching. I kind of wish it was more difficult to change national teams.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Absolutely. The two nationalities are so interweaved socially, and to an extent politically, that I wouldn't consider it 'stealing' players from that country. It's almost like the US and Canada if I had to give you a good example.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Absolutely. The two nationalities are so interweaved socially, and to an extent politically, that I wouldn't consider it 'stealing' players from that country. It's almost like the US and Canada if I had to give you a good example.
I wish it were that way for Belgian players with the Netherlands. I mean they have a few really awesome players we could use, and most of them are flemish so tehre's no language problem. And the Belgian squad sucks anyway so it's not like they'd be missed.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-20-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eden Hazard <3333

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I wish it were that way for Belgian players with the Netherlands. I mean they have a few really awesome players we could use, and most of them are flemish so tehre's no language problem. And the Belgian squad sucks anyway so it's not like they'd be missed.
Ah....the Belgian team could make a run soon with all the young studs they have coming through. I'm sure all those players probably want to play for Belgium too and have the honor of getting their home country to a World Cup.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot Dawg! View Post
Eden Hazard <3333
bad example, he's actually from Wallonia, the French side of Belgium.

But there's excellent players in Flanders, but they always fail in the national team for some reason: Vanden Borre, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Dembéle, Vincent Kompany... Yeah I'd like those guys around. Steven Dufour, Axel Witsel...

Although the Dutch do have a few defenders coming up that I think are promising those guys are just wasting their talent with the belgium team right now.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Last edited by Addict : 04-20-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ah....the Belgian team could make a run soon with all the young studs they have coming through. I'm sure all those players probably want to play for Belgium too and have the honor of getting their home country to a World Cup.
the thing is they have pieces, but no strong national tradition, there's no strong national competition, these guys don't know each other, or barely know each other. Furthermore there is no strong coaching team present in the country and the National FA isn't in good shape. Talent is something they have plenty of but they lack a structure around it to devellop it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-20-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eden Hazarddddddd <3333333333333

ps Addict just wanted to give him some love !

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-20-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eden Hazarddddddd <3333333333333

ps Addict just wanted to give him some love !

he loves you back

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-20-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Ribery

lol

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-20-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ribery

lol
he's 100% french is he not?

I gotta say I'm exited for tonight. Barça - Inter should be excellent

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-20-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

I lol'ed because of the scandal

:P

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-20-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I lol'ed because of the scandal

:P
there's a scandal?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-20-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

The prospect of a transfer by Bayern Munich's France international Franck Ribery to Real Madrid has dimmed because of the allegations that he had relations with an under-age call-girl, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-20-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

more info

During police questioning Ribery, who is married and has two daughters, admitted having relations with the prostitute but said he did not know she was underage, a French judicial official told AFP on Monday.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-20-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
more info

During police questioning Ribery, who is married and has two daughters, admitted having relations with the prostitute but said he did not know she was underage, a French judicial official told AFP on Monday.
oh that's classic. Jailbait :D

Also: looking forward to see Sneijder play tonight.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-20-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Sneijder is hit or miss, but he has been hitting a hell of a lot more often lately. Class player, shame he is a bit of an arrogant prick both on and off the pitch. The stories about him and RVP are pretty classic.