Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-17-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
argh, I cant believe the football league are talking about a shootout to end drawn games. I dont think it'll ever happen but the fact it's being mentioned is enough to make me worry. We are dealing with the same person who renamed Division 1 the Championship.
Is that some kind of sick joke?!? What has this world come to!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Yeah, what the **** is a shootout?
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango View Post
Yeah, what the **** is a shootout?
Penalties, it's a stupid idea.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Hey UK fan your sig isnt working because you need "[img] [/img]" around the link

and good wins from both Chelsea and Man U today

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another 3 goal game from Tottenham, and I saw that Robinson scored. What happened?!?!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry guys but i just hate soccer lol

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Another 3 goal game from Tottenham, and I saw that Robinson scored. What happened?!?!
I read that he just had a free kick from his own zone the it took a weird bounce and bounced over the goalie. But i havent found a video yet.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-17-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
Hey UK fan your sig isnt working because you need "[img] [/img]" around the link

and good wins from both Chelsea and Man U today
Actually when I look at my sig it has the tags around them, but then when I post they aren't, weird!

Old 03-17-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Penalties, it's a stupid idea.
No, I know what it is. It's just that I get really picky when it comes to football, which is a problem of mine that I need to get rid of. I just get annoyed when people call things wrong, like calling penalties a 'shootout'.

But that's my problem, noone elses.

Oh, and what injury crisis? 4-1 baby, 4-1.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Berbatov FTW.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
sorry guys but i just hate soccer lol
You suck, and you obviously know nothing about the sport. I used to hate soccer and then i realized I was just ignorant and it is an awesome sport. Now I hate people hat are like my former self.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Hey UK fan you have the wrong URL adress in your sig it needs to be

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8...immagazyi3.jpg

so here is it with the [img][/img] around it

first to 500 posts
Old 03-17-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That's what she looked like when i got done with her...

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

It's fixed!

Old 03-17-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Wasn't it SARF who originated the ass-in-the-air for a sig??

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-18-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Wasn't it SARF who originated the ass-in-the-air for a sig??
If it was, he is a great great man!

Old 03-18-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Great win for Everton today, and i love watching Arsenal loose.

first to 500 posts
Old 03-18-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the penalties would add a interesting element and tactic to the game. I don't have especially strong feelings either way. In the late 80's when they changed 2 points for a win to 3 points, I'm sure there was a similar uproar, yet I cannot imagine why. It's a similar thing here.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
I think the penalties would add a interesting element and tactic to the game. I don't have especially strong feelings either way. In the late 80's when they changed 2 points for a win to 3 points, I'm sure there was a similar uproar, yet I cannot imagine why. It's a similar thing here.
I don't like it as it punishes outgunned teams IMO. I love to see a struggling team go to a high up the table team, play for their lives and walk away with a well deserved point, if the penalties were introduced they still might not get anything out of the game. Defending and frustrating the opposition to get a point is a valuable part of the game and I could see it going out of the window with the introduction of penalties.

In my opinion the game should be settled on 90 mins, not a shootout which is pretty random IMO. If the 2 teams cant be separated in the 90 mins, play extra time as in the NFL, or just leave the system as it is, if it isn't broke, why fix it?

Old 03-18-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I don't like it as it punishes outgunned teams IMO. I love to see a struggling team go to a high up the table team, play for their lives and walk away with a well deserved point, if the penalties were introduced they still might not get anything out of the game. Defending and frustrating the opposition to get a point is a valuable part of the game and I could see it going out of the window with the introduction of penalties.

In my opinion the game should be settled on 90 mins, not a shootout which is pretty random IMO. If the 2 teams cant be separated in the 90 mins, play extra time as in the NFL, or just leave the system as it is, if it isn't broke, why fix it?
They could do the NHL thing and give the team that losses in penalties 1 point and the team that wins 3, I would have nothing against that.

BTW Paul Robinson really put Ben Foster in his place yesterdy (in case you missed it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PFmFnSPqGI) another great win for Spurs. I can't wait for Chelsea to come to White Heart Lane then Servilla in the UEFA.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango View Post
No, I know what it is. It's just that I get really picky when it comes to football, which is a problem of mine that I need to get rid of. I just get annoyed when people call things wrong, like calling penalties a 'shootout'.

But that's my problem, noone elses.
Well actually it is a 'penalty shootout'. 'Penalties' is just the same slang as a 'shootout'.

I'm totally against it, it sends the wrong message imo to say on every game there needs to be a 'winning' team. It is in fact okay to be considered even, I feel anyway.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If i were Ben Foster i may have just walked off the field then....can you imagine how bad you would feel?

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

What are the point considerations for a penalty shootout? Maybe the losing team gets 2 points and the winner gets 3?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-18-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

Alright because there seems to be a HUGE group of THFC fans....

What are your Predictions for tomorrows game at the lane?

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
If i were Ben Foster i may have just walked off the field then....can you imagine how bad you would feel?
That would definitly suck but you cant fully blame Foster the defender who i believe was Shittu should have headed that away from danger because it looked like he went to head it and backed off at the last second putting Foster in a tough spot.

And for the penalty thing at the end of games, i think thats stupid. Its needed in the NHL but the 1 point is a huge factor in soccer and needs to stay.

first to 500 posts