Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-04-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I actually agree 100%. It still sucks though because we cant get our epic bargains anymore :(. That said, if 1 million GBP is what costs us Debuchy, I will be extremely pissed.
I know what you mean, with the way the Bundesliga has been building itself on youth and eastern bargain talents that the top 3 often neglect, it was pretty rough seeing Gladbach shell out what they did for De Jong. But ultimately, it was a fair price for a young striker as skilled as LdJ, a striker who's proven himself in European Competition and even forced his way onto the bench of a crowd Dutch National team.

Although it was annoying seeing the bargain prices that Ozil and Khedira were sold out of the Bundesliga for. That was a big part of why it was so nice to see Leverkusen refuse to sell Schuerrle even though the 25+ incentives Chelsea supposedly offered would've been a good price for him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am so nervous for these PKs.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate penalties!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Stutterridge.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 08-04-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

it's been awhile since i've been this happy sober.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit, I have tickets to the 3rd 4th playoff game, if GB won it would have been a GB Brazil semi and I would have been guaranteed seeing a good team. Now I will probably see South Korea v Japan :(

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks, UK. Sorry about that. I guess all of GB struggle with this PK business lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That sucks, UK. Sorry about that. I guess all of GB struggle with this PK business lol.
hehe. 70,000 booing and our boys were cool, calm, collected. our backup goalkeeper had neuer-like confidence. best match i've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Damnit, I have tickets to the 3rd 4th playoff game, if GB won it would have been a GB Brazil semi and I would have been guaranteed seeing a good team. Now I will probably see South Korea v Japan :(
you'll probably see mex v. bra.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:57 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I did get to see Mexico v Brazil that would be amazing, I will be rooting hard for the Asian teams to win in the semi finals :)

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope Spartak don't **** up their CL qualification. I really want to see how Artem Dzyuba does against that level. He should be Russia's striker moving forward. He's like a fusion of Kerzhakov's work rate, technical ability and versatility, with Pav's size, shot and goal instincts. Who could be that striker that plays Russia's skilled midfielders in on goal, but without sacrificing in the box finishing ability like you do with Kerzhakov.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-07-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

most blatant penalty ever and its not called. AGHHHH
Old 08-07-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Brazil vs S Korea on Telemundo....one of the commentators...my God...don't think anyone can hate at his level ever again haha he basically said S Korea lost and Brazil didn't really win or even deserved to win haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2012/08/08/r...d-of-the-week/

Looks like Newcastle is closing in on Vurnon Anita. Not the biggest need for us, but he is class and would allow us to play a 4-3-3. Shame that Marveaux and Jonas would have to come off the bench though. We still desperately need depth if we are planning on playing deep into Europa League.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.nufcblog.com/2012/08/08/r...d-of-the-week/

Looks like Newcastle is closing in on Vurnon Anita. Not the biggest need for us, but he is class and would allow us to play a 4-3-3. Shame that Marveaux and Jonas would have to come off the bench though. We still desperately need depth if we are planning on playing deep into Europa League.
Still think they can bring in Debuchy?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM your email to me if you are interesting in joining the SWDC Premier League Fantasy league. We only have 3 right now, will be 4 because I know GF1080 will eventually join.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could bring him in, but I doubt we will. The whole saga is getting annoying now, we either pay the money or walk away. I don't see why it should take this long to complete it, and the longer it lasts, the less likely it is to happen. Reminds me of the Gervinho story last year.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-07-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Still think they can bring in Debuchy?
Not sure. Everything I have read basically says that Newcastle hit the fee Lille demanded, but then the the chairman went back on his word. I still think there is a decent shot of it getting done.

If not him, it may be a double deal with Ajax for Anita and VanDerWeil. I dont love VanDerWeil.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
We could bring him in, but I doubt we will. The whole saga is getting annoying now, we either pay the money or walk away. I don't see why it should take this long to complete it, and the longer it lasts, the less likely it is to happen. Reminds me of the Gervinho story last year.
The reports I have read is we met the requested valuation and then the Lille chairman went back on his word and announced Debuchy will be staying at Lille.

I am okay with Simpson, honestly, but Debuchy would have been great.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anita would be a nice pull, though. Can't have too much talent.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Anita would be a nice pull, though. Can't have too much talent.
Yeah, I'd be happy to bring him in. I just hope he doesn't kill the development of our young midfielders. One other concern is that his arrival could mean the end of Tiote on Tyneside. Not this season, but they are similar players. If Tiote has another good season, I could see Newcastle cashing in next summer with the replacement already in the fold.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I'm just assuming we won't be signing anyone for the rest of the window, so if we do it's an added bonus. The majority of deals we're 'close' to completing don't go through, so I wouldn't count on Anita being the next one through the door.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-07-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

We better sign someone, at least 2 actually. If not, I would be really worried. We are far too thin right now and have almost no shot of getting back to Europe imo.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I'm pretty sure Lille are moving forward assuming Debuchy is staying after Newcastle bumped their bid all of the way from 5 mil...to 6 mil...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
you're probably at the millennium right now. just letting you know, you're in for one hell of a match. the koreans are fighting for exemption from military service (2 years of their pro career) on top of being the biggest rivalry in asia and extra motivation from korea to avenge the 3:0 loss the last time they played. i haven't been this psyched for a sporting event in a looooong time.