Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-10-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has gotten me to start thinking, for football, Japan and South Korea or the USA and Mexico? And by extension NA or Asia?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
This has gotten me to start thinking, for football, Japan and South Korea or the USA and Mexico? And by extension NA or Asia?
I would favor the US and Mexico. It's really close though.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watch this korea team guys. our coach has got this team playing hard. japan has better finishing but whatever!
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgot to mention this a few days ago but my parents and sister are going to Chelsea vs. Newcastle at Stamford Bridge in 3 weeks. Since I'm already extremely jealous, all the Newcastle fans here can be miserable with me.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh this is ugly. japan's playing better.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Korea is playing dirty as all hell
Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Korea is playing dirty as all hell
hard*. they were definitely emotional and our captain lost it and almost got a red. the first goal was a **** you wenger goal.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brazil who?
Old 08-11-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm a terrible American, but I can't help but root for the Mexicans. I do despise the way they sometimes play vs America, but they are a fun side to watch and Gio dos Santos is just an incredible, world class international player.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a terrible American, but I can't help but root for the Mexicans. I do despise the way they sometimes play vs America, but they are a fun side to watch and Gio dos Santos is just an incredible, world class international player.
So strange he can't even sniff playing time at Tottenham.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
So strange he can't even sniff playing time at Tottenham.
Supposedly, he likes to party a little too hard.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

lols.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol Neymar. I'm kinda bummed Brazil lost, if they had won, expectations for 2014 would be absurd and all of Brazil would lose their minds when they got eliminated. And Neymar would've become even more over-rated.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Japan vs South Korea game was pretty terrible live, but the crowd was cool as hell, tons of folks dressed as ninjas, samurai etc, and I was in a very pro-Japan section lol.

The South Korean fans seemed a bit crazy and pretty sure one of them was playing the drums on a saucepan!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
The Japan vs South Korea game was pretty terrible live, but the crowd was cool as hell, tons of folks dressed as ninjas, samurai etc, and I was in a very pro-Japan section lol.

The South Korean fans seemed a bit crazy and pretty sure one of them was playing the drums on a saucepan!
hey **** you man.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:55 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol I meant crazy in a good way, all singing songs and partying, and yeah, playing the drums on a saucepan!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Newcastle agreed a fee for Anita. Now personal terms......

Anyway, I will be quite happy if we tie this up. We need depth badly and if Tiote can't go vs Spurs, Anita is a great like for like replacement.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Silverware, bitches.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Newcastle agreed a fee for Anita. Now personal terms......

Anyway, I will be quite happy if we tie this up. We need depth badly and if Tiote can't go vs Spurs, Anita is a great like for like replacement.
This made me laugh, but also sad:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu Debuchy
I don't want to talk about my future

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Debuchy stuff is just ridiculous. Them moving the goal posts was a BS move, but still, I would like us to just pay the 8 million and get this done now. That won't happen though, not how Ashley does business and, to his credit, he isn't swayed easily by emotion and will always stick to his guns. This saga will go to the wire and if anyone is going to cave, I think it will be Lille. I'm not sure how likely that is at this point though.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

This whole Debuchy thing is rather annoying for a non-EPL fan. You lowball a non-epl team, they laugh it off, so you lowball them a little less, and are surprised they're not moving closer to the price you want to pay? It just seems like a silly way to do business, if you're looking for bargain deals that's cool, but that does mean that you're not going to get every player you want. So either ante up or move on.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
This whole Debuchy thing is rather annoying for a non-EPL fan. You lowball a non-epl team, they laugh it off, so you lowball them a little less, and are surprised they're not moving closer to the price you want to pay? It just seems like a silly way to do business, if you're looking for bargain deals that's cool, but that does mean that you're not going to get every player you want. So either ante up or move on.
No....the issue was that they quoted a price which was met by Newcastle and then they backed out and demanded more. That's just not good business ethics.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No....the issue was that they quoted a price which was met by Newcastle and then they backed out and demanded more. That's just not good business ethics.
my bad then. My impression was it went: 4 mil offer from Newcastle, "Newcastle have submitted a bid but they must have mistaken the player", newcastle bid 5 mil, Lille hold out for 8-10 mil.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
my bad then. My impression was it went: 4 mil offer from Newcastle, "Newcastle have submitted a bid but they must have mistaken the player", newcastle bid 5 mil, Lille hold out for 8-10 mil.
I mean, you can never trust the English media, but there were consistent reports coming from England saying we agreed a fee.