Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-20-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
How do you figure? I'd favor either Anzhi or Hannover over Newcastle.
I would as well right now, but we totally avoid all of the "big guns" really. Liverpool, Chelsea, Atletico, Spurs, Lyon, Lazio, Inter, etc.

It could have been much, much worse.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chelsea, Madrid and Inter would've been worse, but I think Anzhi will go far in this tournament if they can slip past Hannover. They just don't give up goals, while Traore and Eto'o are scoring when they need them to.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See, I just don't rate Anzhi as highly as you. They're certainly not a bad side and the trip to Russia blows, but teams like Spurs are far better imo.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be fun to see how it plays it out, should be a fun competition this year. But I really do think the way anzhi have been strangling games and keeping teams from scoring isn't going to change, and the Traore-Eto'o pairing just scores goals. I do think Tottenham is going to be the last English team playing in europe and I really like what AVB is doing there, with Defoe's form, Bale's class and the drive Dembele gives that midfield, they're playing really good football, but I really think an Anzhi-Tottenham game would be pretty much a toss up because of how Anzhi limits chances and is being ruthless with their own. Very chelsea-in-the-CL-last-year-esque.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 12-20-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we sign Loic Remy, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I really hope we sign Loic Remy, but i'm not getting my hopes up.
I think we'll get him if Ba leaves....don't see Ashley splashing out 10 million for one player without offloading someone though. He would make for a sexy front 3 in a 4-3-3 with Cisse and HBA.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I think we'll get him if Ba leaves....don't see Ashley splashing out 10 million for one player without offloading someone though. He would make for a sexy front 3 in a 4-3-3 with Cisse and HBA.
He would definitely fit into our team better than having Ba and playing Cisse out wide. If Cisse can get back into his groove, swapping Ba for Remy would make a lot of sense.

We just need some depth after that.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-21-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgot how close the transfer window is. I've been hoping Ibrahim finds his way to Wigan. I know they're already bringing in Espinoza from MLS.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, it's right around the corner. It's more brutal than anything though, wasting time following rumors knowing full well nothing happens until the last week.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

The winter break is always so boring in the bundesliga. Not much EPL style wheeling and dealing.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-21-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
The winter break is always so boring in the bundesliga. Not much EPL style wheeling and dealing.
To be fair, a lot of the EPL January window is just hot air/rumors.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
To be fair, a lot of the EPL January window is just hot air/rumors.
Yeah, but at least there's some movement to give there some chance for the rumors to have merit. All you get in the BL is one actual move and a couple pre-contract signings, and that's a busy winter.

I am curious to see if the RPL makes any big signings. Could see Anzhi and Spartak doing something, although Anzhi are probably content with their current form and Spartak may just be banking on the coaching change.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-21-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, but at least there's some movement to give there some chance for the rumors to have merit. All you get in the BL is one actual move and a couple pre-contract signings, and that's a busy winter.

I am curious to see if the RPL makes any big signings. Could see Anzhi and Spartak doing something, although Anzhi are probably content with their current form and Spartak may just be banking on the coaching change.
Anzhi will do something if the right player comes available probably. Is Zenit out of money?
Old 12-21-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Anzhi will do something if the right player comes available probably. Is Zenit out of money?
I highly doubt it, but I also don't think Zenit is going to use much of it this winter. They are still handling the mutiny from the Hulk and Witsel signings, plus apparently Hulk and their coach are fighting. So I think they're going to stay quiet, fire the coach, hand out some raises, and hope the team can settle in for the second half of the season, as the league title and EL are still achievable.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-22-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

sholaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-22-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Massive, massive win. First half was dire, but once Obertan and Shola came on we looked dominant.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

its unfortunate that we're not going to see another point for the next three games :(

but thats why this game was so important.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-22-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
its unfortunate that we're not going to see another point for the next three games :(

but thats why this game was so important.
Yeah, absolutely no chance in our next two and Everton will be tough as well. 3 winnable games right after that stretch though.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

City do what City do. Pretty annoying to have nothing after 90 minutes, but I love the moment for Barry. 3 more games in the next ten days, should be fun.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Gotta love the holiday fixtures.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barca is gonna run away with La Liga. I just hope our 100 points and 32 wins record stays intact lol.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Barca is gonna run away with La Liga. I just hope our 100 points and 32 wins record stays intact lol.
sacaaaalaaaaaaa... visca Barça!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol at Mourinho dropping Casillas to the bench.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Malaga banned from Uefa next season. Who signs Isco?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-23-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

That Luiz free kick was filthy, the wall was terrible, but still just filthy.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: