Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-27-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Santana has a 1m release clause that Schalke, among others have triggered.

And yeah de Bruyne, Eriksen and Bernard all wrapped up for Dortmund is the popular rumor.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Eriksen to Liverpool, which makes no sense to me since we aren't in the CL, but tis the season for every rumour under the sun, fun to read but until I see the press conference I'll just laugh it off

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I heard Eriksen to Liverpool, which makes no sense to me since we aren't in the CL, but tis the season for every rumour under the sun, fun to read but until I see the press conference I'll just laugh it off
That's how I take em, especially when it comes to the EPL. There's far less media intensity on the BL so generally there's a lot less smoke being blown out of people's asses.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-28-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Doing a 16 team draft on realgm, already picked Ilkay and Hummels *fistpump* I'm so going to love my team way more than anybody else.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-28-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolo-Liverpool official, looks like Papadopoulos is next.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Fulham loses Frei and Kasami this summer, I will be furious. The team played so poorly after they hit the 40 point mark this spring. I just don't understand why Jol wouldn't give the young guys some time.

I believe they're the oldest team in the PL. Losing 2 of our most promising young players would be terrible. I could see Jol losing his job if they don't finish top 10 next season.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Put this up in the giants forum but I love Kloppo way too much.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-29-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how good is the Belgium national team? Just trying to determine what to expect tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

The entire nation of Belgium doesn't have a single capable true fullback, but the rest of their squad is very talented and they're more cohesive than they have been in decades.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-29-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are a good young squad I believe. I don't think Eden is going to be able to play tonight because of the hammy though. I'm interested in watching Courtois.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
So how good is the Belgium national team? Just trying to determine what to expect tonight.
I expect 3 or 4 -1 Belgium, even without Hazard.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are a great team and we're gonna destroy you !

We don't have a defining style of play but our coach is pushing the team to be strong, tough and show great abnegation. We don't shy away from the fight.

Our defense is solid and because we don't put true FB but converted CB (Vertonghen, Alderweireld) we are strong and good in the air but the defense can be slow. Kompany and Vermaelen are still great at anticipation and positionement so I'm fairly confident.
Our keepers are great, Courtois is a dominating modern keeper and Mignolet can be fairly effective. Kaminski may play but I don't have an opinion on him.

We have a strange but good midfield. They are great with the ball and have good pace, good passing sense, some of them are good shooters, but they are not all true midfielder. Dembele, Chadli, De Bruyne can play there but it's not there original position, Witsel play "6" when he can play "8" "10" or on the wing, Defour play "6" too but he is small even though he is a great passer, Fellaini can do it all but isn't that dominant, not fast enough as a "10", too good to be a "6", and we have a lot of great players who can be "8" so I'm not sure where he will play. There are games where our midfield was better without him.

They can control a game but can not win one.

We have the same offensive midfielders, they have different name and style, some are better at things than the others, but Hazard, Mertens, Mirallas, De Bruyne and Chadli are the kind of player who run a lot to tire the opposing defense and then we substitute one of them to finish the job. They are magnificent with the ball and infiltrate with ease. They are scoring threat and can give decisive passes.

Our attacker are strange, since our midfielder are so great we only put one striker and so they can be alone and disapear. They don't move enough IMO, and wait more for the ball than fight for it, they have to be accounted for but it's not like they can defeat the defense by themselve. They don't transform enough occasion than they could and the goals they score are nothing extraordinary. Lukaku, Benteke and Vossen all proved that they can score but the striker position is shaky.

We are dangerous on corner, have some good free-kick taker, and defending on stopped-phase used to be a weakness. We have big guys who are used to dominate the air and players who can deliver the ball so I'll say it should be a strong force but that is not always the case.

Since it's a preparation match we may see Thorgan Hazard, Maxime Lestienne at offensive midfield and as I said about this position, they are speedy, they are good with the ball, and they infiltrate.
Guillaume Gillet (strange player who play everywhere but hate to play RB even though he can be the n°1 RB with the national team) and Sebastien Pocognoli (the true LB who was never called) may play in our defense so the "no-FB" thing could be false.

Last edited by Naga114 : 05-29-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Naga114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I expect 3 or 4 -1 Belgium, even without Hazard.
I'd be surprised if the USMNT lost that badly at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'd be surprised if the USMNT lost that badly at home.
You mean like when Brazil won 4-1 in Maryland last year?

Old 05-29-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're really gonna compare Brazil & Belgium lol.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah don't compare them, Brazil isn't what it used to be, Belgium is a better team now.
/Homer (kinda)

You've got to say that a team like that is impressive :
Courtois (keeper of the best Liga defense and Athletico/Chelsea)
Alderweireld (champion with Ajax) - Kompany (captain of Man City) - Vermaelen (captain of Arsenal) - Vertonghen (future captain of Totenham)
Witsel (champion with Zenith) - Fellaini (best player of Everton) - Dembele (starting midfielder of Totenham and replacment of Modric)
Hazard (one of the best player of Chelsea) - Lukaku (top striker of WBA/future star of Chelsea) - Mertens (best player of PSV)

subs like :
Mignolet (Sunderland's savior), Lombaerts (champion with Zenith), Defour (champion with Porto), Chadli (Twente), De Bruyne (Werder/future Chelsea's star), Mirallas (Everton), Benteke (best player and savior of Aston Villa), Nainggolan (Cagliari)

Last edited by Naga114 : 05-29-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Naga114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

This Brazil isn't far from this Belgium.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-29-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we talking about 2002 Brazil or 2013 Brazil ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
This Brazil isn't far from this Belgium.
It isn't that close. Belgium definitely has much more talent that it has had in recent years. That being said, it is still a tier below the Brazils/Spains/Germanys of the world.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Brazil is a tier below the Germany/Spains of the world.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-29-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could certainly see that. Even so, Belgium would still be a tier below Brazil. Belgium is a good European squad, but not much more.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

You are really over-rating Brazil.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-29-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are really over-rating Brazil.
I agree wholeheartedly. I still think they will have a good showing at the WC being at home, but talent wise they just aren't all that great right now.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Haters gon hate on Belgium. I love almost all of their players.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed on the over-rating of Brazil. They are on the same tier. Which is still a few tiers below the top IMHO.

"Favorites" tier: Spain and Germany
"Contenders" tier: Argentina, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, and Holland
"Pseudo-contenders": England, Columbia, and France
"Competitive" tier: Brazil, Ecuador, Greece, Belgium, Mexico, Uruguay

That being said the United States is in the "Qualifying fodder" tier this WC. Every now and again we'll bump a tier or two up and be "Round of 16" tier but that certainly isn't the case this year.

Aside from the above I love 90% of Belgium's roster and will probably be my "non citizenship" team this World Cup :) I am obligated to root for the United States and England or may be disowned by my family.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote