Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-08-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

I think that about covers that.

:)

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ball boy is a twat, but still. Hazard also throws his hands up and looks at the ref after every damn tackle. Great player, but I don't have to like him.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just did a long ass post on a Football Manager board about my Chelsea team as of December 2020. Figured id post it here too since a lot of you play FM and may find it interesting for whatever reason. Basically, I run down my team, which, as Chelsea, is going to be absurd. So be prepared for greatness!

Last edited by comahan : 08-09-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hatem is better anyway (when he can walk that is)

Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Just did a long ass post on a Football Manager board about my Chelsea team as of December 2020. Figured id post it here too since a lot of you play FM and may find it interesting for whatever reason. Basically, I run down my team, which, as Chelsea, is going to be absurd. So be prepared for greatness!

Your team is straight stacked. Congrats on building a solid young team, and nice post as well. Malara sounds like he will be one of the greats.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Thanks! It's funny, because as stacked as my squad is, I've still only won the CL once. It's so hard to actually accomplish. And I love it. Even as a top club, it's super hard to win the top prize.

Last edited by comahan : 08-09-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post

You've kept the belgians players so you've got a golden team, but why didn't you retain Chalobah, Bertrand, Piazon or even Kalas ?

Quote:
Hatem is better anyway (when he can walk that is)
Wow, you don't like Hazard because you think he is a douche but you accept Ben Harfa who is one of the worst even for a french ?
Old 08-09-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both of them, i've seem some interviews with Hazard and he seems like a really funny guy.

But Hatem isn't a douche either, he's just misunderstood. He's got a personality similar to Mario Balotelli, but he just isn't as public. And Rob is right, he's better than Eden.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
You've kept the belgians players so you've got a golden team, but why didn't you retain Chalobah, Bertrand, Piazon or even Kalas ?

Wow, you don't like Hazard because you think he is a douche but you accept Ben Harfa who is one of the worst even for a french ?
I like Hatem solely because he plays for Newcastle. Although he has put in a ton of effort to mature since coming to England. I'd still probably hate him if he was on any other team though.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

BuLi and Ligue 1 both kick off today and I am out of work at 1. Sweet.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bayer leverkusen will win the bundesliga title off of kiessling and son heung-min scoring 20+ goals each. you heard it here first.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Bayern will win by 10+ pts.....probably much more.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
bayer leverkusen will win the bundesliga title off of kiessling and son heung-min scoring 20+ goals each. you heard it here first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Bayern will win by 10+ pts.....probably much more.
It is funny to see people who know very little about the BuLi make predictions about it ;-)

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Do you not think Bayern is going to win running away?
Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely not. Bayern may still win but if they do it'll be a dogfight. They played a perfect season last year and there's just no way for them to repeat that this year without even getting into the coaching change and the adjustment that entails.

Even with their perfect season they only ran away with the title because Dortmund stumbled out of the gates last year and never could catch up. BVB is stronger this year and the D seems to be playing a lot more like they did in the two salad bowl seasons prior than what they looked like last year, so it's gunna be a toss up between those two at the top and I actually think Dortmund will taking the salad bowl back, unless they make another deep CL run, then their divided focus will likely cost them again.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 08-09-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You know much more about the BuLi than myself, but I strongly disagree. I think, barring injuries, Bayern rolls. Now, will the games with Dortmund be competitive, hell yes.....Bayern eviscerates everyone else though while Dortmund will have to play close ones.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You know much more about the BuLi than myself, but I strongly disagree. I think, barring injuries, Bayern rolls. Now, will the games with Dortmund be competitive, hell yes.....Bayern eviscerates everyone else though while Dortmund will have to play close ones.
I'm not going to respond to this in depth until after today's game, but if you can, try and catch it, I think you'll be surprised by how Gladbach hold out against Bayern.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm not going to respond to this in depth until after today's game, but if you can, try and catch it, I think you'll be surprised by how Gladbach hold out against Bayern.
I'm debating between BuLi or Ligue One today haha. I'll probably watch Bayern though. It wouldn't shock me to see Bayern stumble occasionally for the first few games under Pep, but once they hit a groove and start hammering teams by 5+ goals, I see them steamrolling the league.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm debating between BuLi or Ligue One today haha. I'll probably watch Bayern though. It wouldn't shock me to see Bayern stumble occasionally for the first few games under Pep, but once they hit a groove and start hammering teams by 5+ goals, I see them steamrolling the league.
*shrug* but that's exactly what cost Dortmund the title last year, stumbling out of the gates. Meanwhile BVB look deadlier than ever with the defense of the first two years and even more firepower than last year and are rolling into the season, Bayern could well be out of range by the time they find their feet and there are still a few non-BVB teams they struggle against like Leverkusen and Gladbach.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is funny to see people who know very little about the BuLi make predictions about it ;-)
Quote:
total tongue-in-cheek post on my part, of course it's a two horse race. i was a fan of leverkusen's players and with wunderkid son heung-min there now, that's my main team in the bundesliga for the foreseeable future.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
total tongue-in-cheek post on my part, of course it's a two horse race. i was a fan of leverkusen's players and with wunderkid son heung-min there now, that's my main team in the bundesliga for the foreseeable future.
I understand, I just expect Bayer to regress, I'm not very high on Son for similar reason to why I wasn't too high on Schurrle and despite those Andre's a better player than Son. I also think that they overachieved a lot last year with Schalke doing Schalke things, Dortmund's slow start, all of the other "historic" or "big" teams having poor seasons, and Leverkusen themselves just grinding out some results that they were lucky to get.

I think they're in for a serious fight for that 4th spot with Gladbach, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt and whoever this year's surprise team is.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I understand, I just expect Bayer to regress, I'm not very high on Son for similar reason to why I wasn't too high on Schurrle and despite those Andre's a better player than Son. I also think that they overachieved a lot last year with Schalke doing Schalke things, Dortmund's slow start, all of the other "historic" or "big" teams having poor seasons, and Leverkusen themselves just grinding out some results that they were lucky to get.

I think they're in for a serious fight for that 4th spot with Gladbach, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt and whoever this year's surprise team is.
son was definitely a overrated prospect but he's remarkably improved his technical skills and i have loftier expectations for him now that he is at a much better club. despite their somewhat good finish last season, hsv was terrible and an absolute bore to watch. when van der vaart wasn't on the pitch, they had no functional attack. son thrived on counter-attacks and he seems to be a great fit for leverkusen's brand of football. he scored some beautiful goals last season against quality opponents including two at the westfalenstadion. i'm betting that with much better teammates, he'll produce a lot more as well.

what club do you have pegged for 3rd? schalke?
Old 08-09-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is everyone watching these games besides firstrow sports?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Brandy's really settled awesomely for us, after scoring the tying goal and setting up the winner in the cup, he gives us the 1-0 against Dresden just minutes before yet another gorgeous long shot goal from our captain, the incomparable Torsten Mattuschka.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
son was definitely a overrated prospect but he's remarkably improved his technical skills and i have loftier expectations for him now that he is at a much better club. despite their somewhat good finish last season, hsv was terrible and an absolute bore to watch. when van der vaart wasn't on the pitch, they had no functional attack. son thrived on counter-attacks and he seems to be a great fit for leverkusen's brand of football. he scored some beautiful goals last season against quality opponents including two at the westfalenstadion. i'm betting that with much better teammates, he'll produce a lot more as well.

what club do you have pegged for 3rd? schalke?
I've got Schalke taking third, Szalai is a huge pick up so that they can survive a Hunter injury without collapsing. Goretzka gives their central midfield some brilliance they haven't had since Raul was still there to push Holtby into midfield. With Draxler playing in the hole from the get go and no Holtby transfer to derail their season I think they're big favorites for third.

Son is a good and useful player, like Schurrle was for them or Robben is for Bayern, but he has similar limitations in how mediocrely he links up with others. Bayer are a good fit for him though, as the Schurrle role is exactly what he excels at and he does have a good shot and dribbling.

But I'm pretty high on gladbach, Kruse was a great pick up, Xhaka's settled in, Dominguez and the D will be a lot more reliable from the get go this year, and their great youngsters, Younes, Dahoud and Hrgota, are all more ready to contribute.

Wolfsburg should surprise now that they finally have some direction at the top and are making smart buys, like Gustavo, and Stuttgart just have too many creative players and goal scorers I like, if Rudiger steps up next to Tasci and their D stops sucking they could take the 4 spot as well.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: