Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-09-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gol TV is showing the Bayern game. I'm guessing that PSG will be on BeIN Sport, but I don't get it.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grab a stream. That's the only way I get to watch non-FSC games.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, NBC Sports is awesome and will be showing every BPL game live.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Brandy's really settled awesomely for us, after scoring the tying goal and setting up the winner in the cup, he gives us the 1-0 against Dresden just minutes before yet another gorgeous long shot goal from our captain, the incomparable Torsten Mattuschka.
Our pressing forces another goal as Kreilach continues to adapt well as well, picking up his second goal of the season with a nice shot from range.

Gotta feel for Ulf Kirsten, comes to watch his son start against a fellow east german team that Ulf played against before the wall fell, and see his sons team just get ripped up, leaving him helpless on all 3 goals.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Wolfsburg should surprise now that they finally have some direction at the top and are making smart buys, like Gustavo, and Stuttgart just have too many creative players and goal scorers I like, if Rudiger steps up next to Tasci and their D stops sucking they could take the 4 spot as well.
i don't understand why gustavo doesn't go to a CL caliber club. his stock has risen this summer and a lot of top-flight clubs can use a DM stud like him. wolfsburg is just throwing money at him?
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Gol TV is showing the Bayern game. I'm guessing that PSG will be on BeIN Sport, but I don't get it.
I don't get Gol TV and I cancelled BeIn sports because they switched Fox Soccer to one of the more regular Direct TV packages and couldn't justify the otherwise crappy sports package for just BeIn.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Bundesliga desperately needs to get on a respectable TV station. Gol TV is honestly worse than ~1/2 of the streams I watch.

Also, nice little touch for that goal by Robben.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

And another for Bayern. No signs of a struggle.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fox Sports should add BuLi since they lost EPL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I doubt it. Fox Sports 1 will obviously have other programming than soccer. No need.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I think they are content to fade into irrelevance with regards to soccer coverage.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The BuLi's deal runs out in 2015 :-/ I wish one of these new sports networks in the US would buyout their contract with GolTv.

Anyway that gladbach D still making mistakes but they deserve to go into the cabin at 2-1, even if Dante was the one who scored for them. Raffael should've buried either of his chances and Herrmann's just blowing past Alaba with his simply ridiculous speed. Kruse has been quite so far but his movement is making space for Raffael and Herrmann. Arango-Daems are just too old and slow on D on the left though. Still a fun first half.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope Jugs and Rob are wrong on that. Seems to me like they would be making a bad decision to give up on soccer now after being a pioneer in making it as popular in the States as it is now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Hope Jugs and Rob are wrong on that. Seems to me like they would be making a bad decision to give up on soccer now after being a pioneer in making it as popular in the States as it is now.
It seems like all of Fox Soccer is being bundled into one daily hourly show.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, they are definitely getting out of the soccer biz.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Ribery is such a handful for defenders.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
You've kept the belgians players so you've got a golden team, but why didn't you retain Chalobah, Bertrand, Piazon or even Kalas ?

Wow, you don't like Hazard because you think he is a douche but you accept Ben Harfa who is one of the worst even for a french ?
They were all on my squad for a while.

Chalobah was good, but with my influx of awesome center backs and Mikel/Romeu at DM with Peninha coming up, he was only depth, even though he had developed well. So when Manchester United came at me with a huge offer for him, I took it. After negotiating, I got 32.5M for Chalobah.

Ake was disappointing. He was decent depth for a while, I really wanted to keep him (love him irl), but he simply didn't develop to the point where he had enough quality to stay on my first team. Ended up moving him to Newcastle for 10M in 2018.

Piazon went to Napoli for 9 and Kalas to Norwich for 5M. Basically the same. They weren't bad, but I had better options at their spots.

Bertrand was around for a long time. Actually, of everyone you named, he gave me the most as a player. Was very solid for a long time before I moved him along to Atletico Madrid for 15.75M

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Did you watch the premier league programming last night on NBC? A lot of it was for people who might be watching for the first time, however the quality of production is so much better than Fox Soccer. The picture quality, studio, etc are way nicer.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Awful handball by Gladbach. Ter Stegen saves the PK like a boss and then another handball in the box lololol.

No mistake from Alaba.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Awful handball by Gladbach. Ter Stegen saves the PK like a boss and then another handball in the box lololol.

No mistake from Alaba.
I should have made my prediction public. I was going to say 3-1 Bayern with Monchengladbach never really being in it. Not watching the game, but would you say that's accurate?
Old 08-09-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Did you watch the premier league programming last night on NBC? A lot of it was for people who might be watching for the first time, however the quality of production is so much better than Fox Soccer. The picture quality, studio, etc are way nicer.
I've seen some stuff but makes sense that the production quality is better. In general NBC SNF is a million time better produced than CBS and FOX. Makes sense it translates to this now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I've seen some stuff but makes sense that the production quality is better. In general NBC SNF is a million time better produced than CBS and FOX. Makes sense it translates to this now.
They made a show that taped in Legends NYC talking about all 20 teams. It was basically a show for someone to pick a team if they have never watched before. It was kind of stupid, but would have been better had that c*** Michelle Beadle not been in it. They better keep her the **** away from future EPL coverage.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

She started on YES thought you loved her.

I wonder if we see a lot of less popular EPL teams become bigger here now because everyone will have a lot of TV time. Going to interesting to see how this all translates over the next 5 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
She started on YES thought you loved her.

I wonder if we see a lot of less popular EPL teams become bigger here now because everyone will have a lot of TV time. Going to interesting to see how this all translates over the next 5 years.
I doubt it. The coverage is still going to be weighted towards the big boys. Even that show last night basically went in somewhat order how everyone is predicted to finish. And less and less time went into the teams as the bottom approached.

The only thing that might change that is if an American player like Shea or Altidore starts playing at a very high level. But I doubt that.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 08-09-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Well Gladbach were unfortunate not to do better, they left a number of goals on the pitch, but they gave Bayern a good struggle and if they cleaned up their D or could finish would've left Munich with a point or more.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: