Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-26-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill take a draw at old trafford

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Welbeck just lacks quality. Should have been a goal.
Did you not see his goal against Swansea?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recorded the Real Madrid match and am just starting it. They look exactly like Chelsea in their blue away kits.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite being a Man Utd fan I'm definitely the first to bag on Welback. Never liked him but he has made some large strides coming into this year to change my mind. He's earned the opportunity to start he certainly is still too wasteful for my tastes.

I will NEVER understand why Kagawa is on the bench though. IMHO he's the type of player to sit behind the strikers and make the offense work. Certainly a player to change your attacking philosophy and formation to get on the field. Pretty much exactly what we lack up front as an energetic creative force.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I recorded the Real Madrid match and am just starting it. They look exactly like Chelsea in their blue away kits.
I actually want to buy one.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Did you not see his goal against Swansea?
Welbeck is not that good, dude. He should not be in a CL side.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Welbeck is not that good, dude. He should not be in a CL side.
He's not great, but he's not useless either. I'd definitely start Kagawa over him, but no one they have after that is better than him.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
He's not great, but he's not useless either. I'd definitely start Kagawa over him, but no one they have after that is better than him.
Just buy anyone. He has no business playing, let along starting for a title contender.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Despite being a Man Utd fan I'm definitely the first to bag on Welback. Never liked him but he has made some large strides coming into this year to change my mind. He's earned the opportunity to start he certainly is still too wasteful for my tastes.

I will NEVER understand why Kagawa is on the bench though. IMHO he's the type of player to sit behind the strikers and make the offense work. Certainly a player to change your attacking philosophy and formation to get on the field. Pretty much exactly what we lack up front as an energetic creative force.
Completely agree. I love Kagawa. Won't be long before he gets into the team I bet.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the whole game, DVRed it while I was at work.. just a few quick things I noticed

1) Lukaku should have started for Chelsea, or at least been the sub rather than Torres. He deserves a chance. Schurrle isn't a striker.

2) Kevin de Bruyne's passing, particularly his vision, is really impressive. He's going to be a very, very good player

3) United needed to get one of Valencia or Welbeck off the field. They both work hard, but they're just not good enough. Kagawa plz

Last edited by djp : 08-26-2013 at 07:46 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kagawa was exactly what United needed that game. We lacked the creativity in the final 3rd, and Kagawa could've broken that game wide open for us. It didn't make sense why he didn't get onto the field at all, especially bringing in Giggs over him? Doesn't make sense.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

United should stop playing with wingers just go 4-3-1-2 with Kagawa behind Rooney and RVP. Let carrick and cleverly add a more defensive partner to their midfield trio like jones who'd let the full backs push forward to give them width while putting their best attackers in positions to flourish while bolstering their unspectacular midfield.

The 4-3-1-2 in general is a formation I find very interesting, especially with Madrid finally preparing to use it how I want the NT to do it, with Ozil in between two wing forwards, CR7/Bale for Madrid Reus/Mueller for the NT. hopefully this shows Loew to do what I've wanted the NT to do for a long time now.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
United should stop playing with wingers just go 4-3-1-2 with Kagawa behind Rooney and RVP. Let carrick and cleverly add a more defensive partner to their midfield trio like jones who'd let the full backs push forward to give them width while putting their best attackers in positions to flourish while bolstering their unspectacular midfield.

The 4-3-1-2 in general is a formation I find very interesting, especially with Madrid finally preparing to use it how I want the NT to do it, with Ozil in between two wing forwards, CR7/Bale for Madrid Reus/Mueller for the NT. hopefully this shows Loew to do what I've wanted the NT to do for a long time now.
Get out of my head. The hopeful part of me hopes that Moye's continued pursuit of Fellaini means he envisions the same thing.

Last edited by Trogdor : 08-26-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Belgium will rape the World Cup. You just watch.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Belgium will rape the World Cup. You just watch.
Hell yeah ! Best team in the world !
Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_3822709.html

Great article about Kagawa and why he needs to play.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_3822709.html

Great article about Kagawa and why he needs to play.
This can be solved very easily. Sell Rooney to Chelsea so he can play as a true striker where he wants to. Insert Kagawa behind RVP since Rooney doesn't love playing their anyway. And with the money Man U get for Rooney they can make an improved bid for Leighton Baines. Problem solved. They would be a little light on true attacking central midfielders though.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
This can be solved very easily. Sell Rooney to Chelsea so he can play as a true striker where he wants to. Insert Kagawa behind RVP since Rooney doesn't love playing their anyway. And with the money Man U get for Rooney they can make an improved bid for Leighton Baines. Problem solved. They would be a little light on true attacking central midfielders though.
they have much more pressing needs in midfield than getting cover for evra. if anything, they should make an improved bid for fellaini and try and nab another quality CM from the rooney monies.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All you silly folks that didn't think Bayern would regress from last season insanely high level of consistent dominance, especially during the early part of the adjustment to pep's tikitaka. Well streich's already put the first black mark on their record as his freiburger earned a point off of the Bavarian giants. This race between Bayern and BVB will be facinating all season as long as Dortmund don't get bounced from the CL early and just run away with the league.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

United should hijack Kongdobia's move to Monaco.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know if the Super Cup is airing anywhere on cable on Friday? Can't find anything about it. Hoping not to have to stream it.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
United should hijack Kongdobia's move to Monaco.
they should but moyes won't.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this graphic so much

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
they should but moyes won't.
I give Moyes a lot of respect for what he did with Everton tactically, but he's been massively underwhelming so far for united. And chasing felaini and Haines would continue that.

Schalke almost schalked themselves until Draxler and Szalai decided the match. Max Meyer was also able to flash his skill with the pass to Draxler for the deciding goal before jermaine jones went full ****** and Keller subbed off the only fresh legs on the pitch instead of visibly exhausted Jefferson Farfan.

They're rumored to have had a few deals awaiting their qualification that the really need to go through now. This team is a mess at the back as Uchida got burned time and time again, while the Jones and hoger midfield duo where awful, and up front they desperately lack depth behind Draxler, Szalai and Farfan with huntelaar out and Meyer still just 17.

They need to bring in stoker, Lestienne or Griezmann right away, and they need to ditch Uchida from the starting lineup, play Howedes or Kolasinac there and the d will look a lot better. The midfield's a mess but they're probably just gunna wait for Goretzka to take over and hope they can hold on til then. Plus Keller's been awful, they need throw a ton of money at Streich next year cause he's the best young German coach at a small club, even over Tuchel and Gisdol.

This year they need a good draw in the CL, I'm hoping for arsenal as the pot 1 team, for their reinforcements to settle quickly and for somebody to organize the defense otherwise they won't make it out of the group and will have a real fight on their hands for 4th in the BuLi. Season's still young though, and Schalke are insanely streaky and this may be the start of them climbing out of their crisis.

Last edited by cgf (Rosebud) : 08-27-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Hoping one of Lyon or Milan go out tomorrow which would bump Leverkusen into lot 3 with Dortmund. With Schalke in lot 2 and Bayern in lot 1 we could see all 4 German clubs with manageable groups, and that would be cool.