Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-05-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charity Shield even though it's basically a pre-season friendly with a trophy was pretty good today. The goals were both sweetly taken and very very good goals, the game was up and down, good to watch when both teams were counter attacking and committing men forward.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea, that was a really good game, I enjoyed it. Van der Sar is a beast, that was ridiculous in the PK rounds! I must say though, Shawn Wright-Phillips is awful, he has so many brilliant opportunities and has such good speed, but always ruins the play and can't ever finish.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So yea, I'm in 2 a days for 2 more weeks before the season starts for my college team and I'm so sore right now. I think our coach killed our entire team with our practices, hands down the hardest week I've ever been through physically. Just insane, conditioning for 2 hours straight non stop with scrimmages at the end. But we're getting really good, so that's a plus.

Hey nvot, you're playing this year aren't ya? When do you guys start up for High School?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
So yea, I'm in 2 a days for 2 more weeks before the season starts for my college team and I'm so sore right now. I think our coach killed our entire team with our practices, hands down the hardest week I've ever been through physically. Just insane, conditioning for 2 hours straight non stop with scrimmages at the end. But we're getting really good, so that's a plus.

Hey nvot, you're playing this year aren't ya? When do you guys start up for High School?
That's awesome, who ya playin for?

Yea, I'm playing, our season hasn't started yet, but we're doing captains practices, basically just we all get together and scrimmage, I've got a team camp starting tomorrow also. And our team try outs start next Saturday and practices will follow that. I'm really really looking forward to this season, we should be very good, and I'm in the best shape of my life, been doing a lot of weight training and just started running again.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heartland Community College in Central Illinois. I think we can be really good too, might take us a bit to get going (we've got some injuries to key players right now) but talent wise we're loaded. Especially in the midfield. We're going to be unbelievable up the middle. One of the best keepers in the state, a stud sweeper, a beastly stopper, two awesome CM's, and two very good strikers that I'm playing behind coming off the bench. Our weaknesses will be outside on the wings, but I think we'll be ok. We've got a ton of speed outside so that'll help. Our RB is like 5'6" haha but he's fast as hell and he's a beast, a brick wall and he can fly. My main concern is whether or not we'll have threats on the outside mids. I'd like to move one of our forwards to the right side because we have a left mid.

I won't start (conditioning wise I'm not there and there are 2 forwards who are better than me). But yea, our workouts are insane. Basically you can't stand up after the practice is done and you have to lay down to get your legs strong enough to walk to your car. Here's a sample workout from Friday Morning:

Warm-Up (2 laps around half field with some high knees and stuff, slow jog and then stretch for about 3 minutes)

Ball Drills (5 v 2 keep away, continuous for 2 minutes a session, you have to do this twice at full speed pursuit of the ball; then 2 v 2 world cup style for 2 minutes right after that at full speed)

Conditioning (Over and Unders, basically you have 10 people in a line and the person in the back goes under and over each of the guys in front of him, as he goes the guy who was in front of him to start follows as the first guy gets past him. We do that for a lap, take a minute break and then go again; then we do Killers, which are full field suicides. 10, 20, 30, 50, and 100 yard sprints (4 sets of those with 20 second break in between)

Plyo's (ball jumping, plyo push ups over the soccer ball, rockers, and Russian Situps; ball jumping horizontal and vertical over the ball for 30 seconds 3 sets each; rockers where you lay on your stomach and rock back and forth for 30 seconds 3 sets each; Russian situps where you stand on one hand and one foot, torque your body so your body is vertical and move your leg up and down as far as it'll go 20 times, 3 sets each)

30 minute scrimmage

That was Friday Morning's workout. We had two guys that couldn't finish and had to be helped off because they were so exausted, we had like 5 pukers, and the rest of us could barely stand. Our water breaks are about a minute or so long and that's it. Just an insanely hard week, but we're getting into damn good shape and we're improving greatly as a squad so I won't complain about it. College soccer is no joke man, it's 10X harder than High School was (at least for me). It's a lot of fun though because everyone takes it seriously, the practices are game like and everyone goes all out all the time. There's no goofing off on our team, when we get on the field, we're all business.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

**** man, that sounds intense, but then again, that's definitely what it's gunna take to be a top team, conditioning is key, you gotta be able to win in the last 5 minutes, at the same time though, that does sound like a lot of fun. I'm just starting my own conditioning, about 40 (give or take) minutes a day, that's roughly 6 miles. All that aside, it definitely sounds like you got your work cut out for you, but you're only a freshman and will definitely be getting some nice playing time, so good luck on that.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I need some new cleats (boots for you english blokes (sp?)). Looking for something that will stay firm and not stretch out, comfort is a big deal...i play forward so i need control. I have had kelmes or adidas for the longest time, but i want to change it up. Got to look good, so they need to be white.

Any suggestions? try and keep it under $140ish....

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
I need some new cleats (boots for you english blokes (sp?)). Looking for something that will stay firm and not stretch out, comfort is a big deal...i play forward so i need control. I have had kelmes or adidas for the longest time, but i want to change it up. Got to look good, so they need to be white.

I'm a big Nike Tiempo/Legend fan and they come in white with red as a secondary color.

If this falls under the rules of illegal advertising or some such I apologize and I'll remove it but here's a link to a photo, as I'm not especially savvy with embedding the picture into the post:

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...white-red-.jpg

Last edited by Race for the Heisman : 08-06-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post

I still maintain Reebok Katana's are the best Boots i've ever worn.

I've had them for what .. nearly 5 years now with constant use.

And my Adidas Karnivores for wet conditions are great.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:01 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all about the Nike's, for me easily the comfiest and softest boots available. Any Nike's are good, I'd say.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I hate Nike soccer shoes, they don't fit me. Total 90's blow, Vapors gave me hella blisters...Legends were alright but nothing special.

I have Copa's and Tunit's right now, Copa's are easily the most comfortable boot I've ever worn but the Tunit's are the best ball controlling ones I've worn.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah some Nikes have given me blisters in the past as well, but my new ones are just like leather socks, amazingly comfy

Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronaldinho's are pretty good, Vapors, and you can find some cheap Predators on Ebay. Predators are the best I've used.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Alright, i just noticed that European Football is similar to NCAA football

first you got the best leagues in Europe comparing to the best Conference is NCAA.

Best League = EPL ---- Best Conference SEC
Man U - Florida
Chelsea - LSU
Liverpool - Alabama
Arsenal - Tennessee
Tottenham - Aubrun
Everton - Georgia

La Liga - Big 10
Barcelona - Michigan
Real Madrid - Ohio State
Valencia - Wisconsin
Sevilla - Penn State
Atletico - Iowa

Seria A - Pac 10
AC Milan - USC
Inter - Cal
Juve - UCLA
Roma - Oregon

Bundesliga - Big 12
Bayern Munich - Oklahoma
Werder Bremen - Texas
Schalke 04 - Nebraska
VfB Stuttgart - Texas AM
Borussia Dortmund - Texas Tech

Portuguese Liga - ACC
FC Porto - Miami
Benefica - Florida State
Sporting - Va Tech

French Ligue - Big East
Lyon - Louisville
Marseille - West Virginia
Lille - Rutgers

Dutch Eredivisie
PSV Eidhoven - Utah
Ajax - TCU
Feyenoord - BYU

Scottish - Independents
Celtic - Notre Dame
Rangers - Navy

alright i hope someone got a little amusement out of this.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts

Last edited by TCU : 08-08-2007 at 02:00 PM.
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Buckeyes
Rookie

Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.

I don't like the SEC better than Big Ten and Real Madrid as the Buckeyes if anything we are Barcelona or AC Milan cause we win Champions League :-D.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I hate Nike soccer shoes, they don't fit me. Total 90's blow, Vapors gave me hella blisters...Legends were alright but nothing special.

I have Copa's and Tunit's right now, Copa's are easily the most comfortable boot I've ever worn but the Tunit's are the best ball controlling ones I've worn.
Vapors are so great to play with because it feels like you are playing barefoot (atleast the old ones), but they are POS's and fall apart after a season and give mad blisters...I love my predators from like 2003, broken in they are the most comfortable cleats I have ever had, and I still use them today, albeit a lot less than before

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post

first you got the best leagues in Europe comparing to the best Conference is NCAA.

Man U - Florida
Chelsea - LSU
Liverpool - Alabama
Arsenal - Tennessee
Tottenham - Aubrun
Everton - Georgia

La Liga - Big 10
Barcelona - Michigan
Real Madrid - Ohio State
Valencia - Wisconsin
Sevilla - Penn State
Atletico - Iowa

Seria A - Pac 10
AC Milan - USC
Inter - Cal
Juve - UCLA
Roma - Oregon

Bundesliga - Big 12
Bayern Munich - Oklahoma
Werder Bremen - Texas
Schalke 04 - Nebraska
VfB Stuttgart - Texas AM

Portuguese Liga - ACC
FC Porto - Miami
Benefica - Florida State
Sporting - Va Tech

French Ligue - Big East
Lyon - Louisville
Lille - Rutgers

Dutch Eredivisie
PSV Eidhoven - Utah
Ajax - TCU
Feyenoord - BYU

Scottish - Independents
Celtic - Notre Dame
Rangers - Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes View Post
I don't like the SEC better than Big Ten and Real Madrid as the Buckeyes if anything we are Barcelona or AC Milan cause we win Champions League :-D.
yeah well, Real Madrid is still a top team, a reason for Real is that they have won 9 CL's so sorry if you dont like that comparison to the best team in the UEFA CL, and also their last Champions League title was in 2002 and Ohio States last title was in well you quessed it 2002, so you can not like the fact that i think the SEC is better than the Big 10 but be greatful that your being compared to Real.

first to 500 posts

Last edited by TCU : 08-08-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

I don't know enough about College ball in all honesty to compare Liverpool to Tennessee, however basically if there is a college team who is the most successful in the history of their conference currently not quite as good as they were, that would be Liverpool, I'm thinking maybe Miami? I dunno lol.

We haven't won a domestic league for nearly 20 years, however we still have at least five more overall championships than our nearest rival (Man U) and 3 more European Championships than anyone else in England.

Man that was depressing to write lol. Hopefully we get back to our former glory this season!

Old 08-08-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I don't know enough about College ball in all honesty to compare Liverpool to Tennessee, however basically if there is a college team who is the most successful in the history of their conference currently not quite as good as they were, that would be Liverpool, I'm thinking maybe Miami? I dunno lol.

We haven't won a domestic league for nearly 20 years, however we still have at least five more overall championships than our nearest rival (Man U) and 3 more European Championships than anyone else in England.

Man that was depressing to write lol. Hopefully we get back to our former glory this season!
Do all Liverpool fans get that like printed out at birth and revise it like the bible? because it seems to be the standard these days :D

I'm just jealous Crystal Palace's only claim to fame is THE Crystal Palace hosting FA Cup finals and that burned down...
Old 08-08-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't know enough about College ball in all honesty to compare Liverpool to Tennessee,
Im going to switch Liverpool to Alabama, just because they have the most national titles in the SEC similar to Liverpool having the most European Championships, i dont why i didnt make that connection and similarly Alabama hasnt had much succsess in their league in recent years so it is very fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post

Man U - Florida
Chelsea - LSU
Liverpool - Alabama
Arsenal - Tennessee
Tottenham - Aubrun
Everton - Georgia

La Liga - Big 10
Barcelona - Michigan
Real Madrid - Ohio State
Valencia - Wisconsin
Sevilla - Penn State
Atletico - Iowa

Seria A - Pac 10
AC Milan - USC
Inter - Cal
Juve - UCLA
Roma - Oregon

Bundesliga - Big 12
Bayern Munich - Oklahoma
Werder Bremen - Texas
Schalke 04 - Nebraska
VfB Stuttgart - Texas AM

Portuguese Liga - ACC
FC Porto - Miami
Benefica - Florida State
Sporting - Va Tech

French Ligue - Big East
Lyon - Louisville
Lille - Rutgers

Dutch Eredivisie
PSV Eidhoven - Utah
Ajax - TCU
Feyenoord - BYU

Scottish - Independents
Celtic - Notre Dame
Rangers - Navy

first to 500 posts
Old 08-08-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
Do all Liverpool fans get that like printed out at birth and revise it like the bible? because it seems to be the standard these days :D

I'm just jealous Crystal Palace's only claim to fame is THE Crystal Palace hosting FA Cup finals and that burned down...
Haha, you have to defend yourself a lot as a Liverpool fan with all these uppity Chelsea fans around now, it's always nice to remind them that football existed prior to Roman Abramovich :D

Old 08-08-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

Quote:
Haha, you have to defend yourself a lot as a Liverpool fan with all these uppity Chelsea fans around now, it's always nice to remind them that football existed prior to Roman Abramovich :D
lol yeah fair comment
Old 08-10-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Royston Drenthe to Real Madrid, very good signing for them.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:22 AM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

could someone please give me a tottenham update
Old 08-11-2007, 06:46 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

Right i'm supposed to be out today but im tired and i cant be bothered. So instead i'm going to eat too much, smoke too much and spend the afternoon flicking between Sunderland v Spurs and the cricket.