Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-01-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dempsey's opinion of the ref today:
https://vine.co/v/MpMWW1J269t

and this just cause..

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:24 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i had chile advancing out of their group ahead of the oranje but they released their 23 and they have MAYBE 1 CB in their squad.. LOL. medel can slot in back there but their lack of height is glaring.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoping for competitive US though

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portugal are like the giants without the titles, meaning even when they win they make it competitive, and Jogi's trying to prove his senior thesis that even with an infinite supply of talent a single coach with infinitely awful instincts and abilities can sink the team. So Ghana's really the only team who might blow you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Clint.

Been wanting a Dempsey jersey for a while now, but unfortunately these WC kits are ****.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've come close to buying Donovan jersey....ordered one once but they didn have the blue one from 2010 so had to cancel.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 06-01-2014, 03:50 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a blank 2010 WC jersey in the blue. Actually got it for like $30 on clearance when they released the next kit. Maybe I'll just get the Dempsey stuff added to it.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 06-01-2014 at 03:53 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Dempsey video reminds me that I need to talk about Jamaica.

Played Serbia a week ago and apart from the first 20 minutes we actually looked the better team. Only lost 2-1. Few days ago we played great against Switzerland, only lost 1-0 after an 80th minute goal. Two great performances and another two games against Egypt and France next week.

Gets even better with us being invited to the 2015 Copa America and if we win the Caribbean Cup we'll be at the 2016 Copa America Centenario. So in preparation for WCQ we're probably going to have the 2014 Caribbean Cup; 2015 Gold Cup; 2015 Copa America; 2016 Copa America Centenario.

Everything is falling into place. We're going to Russia in 2018 led by our German maestro Winny Schafer!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Love Clint.

Been wanting a Dempsey jersey for a while now, but unfortunately these WC kits are ****.
I actually like the red, white, and blue one but the white one is pure rubbish. I really like the kits they wore in 2010 with the diagonal slash the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:33 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I actually like the red, white, and blue one but the white one is pure rubbish. I really like the kits they wore in 2010 with the diagonal slash the best.
I love the Waldo's. I wish they kept them, they could have easily become synonymous with the US national team like the Croat checkers, Japan's blue jerseys, or Brazil's Canary yellow.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

The 2010 kits were awesome. I hate the 2014 kits.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 06-01-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The red, white, and blue one looks like a Russia or Costa Rica kit to me. The blue is too bright/light. We wear navy dammit. Unless its faded denim.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
The red, white, and blue one looks like a Russia or Costa Rica kit to me. The blue is too bright/light. We wear navy dammit. Unless its faded denim.
I kind of agree with this. I don't the design is bad, it would work for a number of other countries, but it doesn't really fit us.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:14 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They do look like Russia but navy blue isn't really the color of our flag so the lighter blue makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:19 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading that Turkey was suppose to be a tough test for us. But looking on the index they were # 39 on Fifa's list. Also, our CB's was not communicating well, and the refs were not calling as many fouls as they should, both ways.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

FIFA rankings are a joke...I wouldn't put much stock in their rankings.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 06-01-2014, 07:17 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Turkey is a pretty solid side for a friendly.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:55 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Reading that Turkey was suppose to be a tough test for us. But looking on the index they were # 39 on Fifa's list. Also, our CB's was not communicating well, and the refs were not calling as many fouls as they should, both ways.
Ghana is 38, your point?

Old 06-01-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Ghana is 38, your point?
Im sorry that I did not know that the futbol federation sucked at ranking the teams.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:31 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
FIFA rankings are a joke...I wouldn't put much stock in their rankings.
Yeah murica's rank proves that.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

So, like my knowledge of FIFA rankings shows, I do not know much about international soccer, and I am trying to learn.

So, will Manchester City treat NYCFC like a developmental league? Or something to the sorts? I remember playing games back in the day that US and European leagues go at different times, could this help out too?
Old 06-01-2014, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure NYC is mostly a marketing thing.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-01-2014, 09:19 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Pretty sure NYC is mostly a marketing thing.
I imagine some younger guys will go out on loan after the Premiership ends to get gametime. We shall see. The bigger thing is that they already have top of the line scouting department. They may get some higher upside guys that are too risky for the EPL team to have.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I imagine some younger guys will go out on loan after the Premiership ends to get gametime. We shall see. The bigger thing is that they already have top of the line scouting department. They may get some higher upside guys that are too risky for the EPL team to have.
It will be used for some development sure, but there are few advantages in sending players to the MLS. If the players aren't playing much in Europe, they may be fine to spend the summer playing in the MLS, but otherwise even young, developmental players need a certain amount of rest. The top guys are going to stay either in-house or get loaned to a European team that will face tougher competition than what the MLS offers. The real advantage of the NYC team is that it puts the Man City name out there that much more.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-01-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
This just makes me miss the days when mexico were cool and had players fatter than my dad who I know where pounding the tecata in the locker room during half time.
We used to always make fun of Cuautehmoc Blanco because of this. He was slow and fat towards the end of his career, but he was that guy that you play with in pickup that can't do anything physically anymore but still makes some sick passes and hits the open shots. We would always joke that he'd come out replenished in the second half due to his sixer of Tecate.