Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-03-2014, 08:10 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoping to see good things from Bosnia against Mexico. Them and Croatia are the teams I feel like rooting for, at the moment.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Says the fan of the big money EPL team who've won things...before we were all born...
Huh? You lost me.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I downloaded Football Manager yesterday, and man it's different. Still learning, but it's fun.

Also, some players are stupidly expensive, and I'm not sure why. I started out as Real Madrid, figured they had money and it would be easier to understand things, tried to buy Pogba, asked for their terms and they wanted $234 million.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, the big news here today is that apparently AC Milan has offered Robinho to Tigres. Hahahaha

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:45 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I downloaded Football Manager yesterday, and man it's different. Still learning, but it's fun.

Also, some players are stupidly expensive, and I'm not sure why. I started out as Real Madrid, figured they had money and it would be easier to understand things, tried to buy Pogba, asked for their terms and they wanted $234 million.
I think that means they don't want to sell him lol. And teams are usually willing to accept less than what they first suggest.

RIP themaninblack
Old 06-03-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Yeah, I figured as much.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's weaksauce. I'm managing a piece of **** in chile and most my players get paid under $250 lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:16 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea what this football manager game is. Someone give me a quick summary of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
That's weaksauce. I'm managing a piece of **** in chile and most my players get paid under $250 lol
Haha, I'm planning on starting with Mexico soon, but I wanted to see how it all worked. I wanted to build a super team with Suarez and Vidal and Toure and whatnot, but everyone was expensive as ****. I've since abandoned that haha.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I have no idea what this football manager game is. Someone give me a quick summary of it.
Did you ever play the NFL Head Coach game? Basically that but for football/soccer.

You become the head coach, can't play the actual games, but it provides far more insight into strategy and building a team than FIFA does. It's FIFA's manager mode on steroids.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:25 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, I think I'd like that. Might download that tonight. It's only $14 so if I don't like it I'm not really wasting much money.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 06-03-2014, 11:29 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Be careful, it's dangerously addictive.

RIP themaninblack
Old 06-03-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you folks have any questions about the game, go ahead and post them in here. Theres a LOT to it, its easy to overlook some things.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Hoping to see good things from Bosnia against Mexico. Them and Croatia are the teams I feel like rooting for, at the moment.
I flew to Chicago 2 years ago to watch those 2 play. I wish I went this time around. Should be a fun game.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I prettt much set up my philosophies to be an aggressive attacking team but my midfielders are pretty thin because of injuries and I don't even have a true left midfielder. Had to use a 5-3-2 and even with those 5 they gave up 3 goals despite the fact I went really conservative. Fml lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For you Newcastle fans, in my 2023-24 save, you guys have Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aaron Ramsey, and Nathan Ake on your squad. So look forward to that in 10 years.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't play FM 2014 but I played the 4 or 5 previous versions. I love this game and was fairly addicted to it, I could spend my entire day with a team, modeling it to my likeness and bring players and staff member in and when I was ready to go with the season I would create another game and do the same thing with another team.

I think there are some things you have to consider when you want trade for a player in FM.
1. Your club reputation
2. The level and reputation of your league
3. If you play in the Champions League, Europa League, ...
4. The player like or dislike your club, a member of the team or the staff.
5. If the player just signed a new contract or was just traded, you have little chance to sign him during the same mercato.

Now if you have the right factors in your favor, you can make public compliments about the player and make him like you, you then make an offer to the club and when they response with a higher counter offer you withdraw, if the player like you and want to go to your club he will complain and the club will put him on the trading block on a lower price, you have to be quick and make the first offer and you have to negociate the contract quickly, if you fail to aggree on the contract, other clubs will jump on the occasion or he might sign a new contract.

If you put bigger signing bonus for the player and the agent on the contract, you can neggociate the rest on contract in your favor.

Last edited by Naga114 : 06-03-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Naga114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I have a ridiculously talented 6'8" Brazilian CB who not only sends everything the opposition puts in the box away on defense, but he also rises up to head in set-piece goals at a crazy rate on offense. I call him THE MOUNTAIN because I'm clever.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
I didn't play FM 2014 but I played the 4 or 5 previous versions. I love this game and was fairly addicted to hit, I could spend my entire day with a team, modeling it to my likeness and bring in players, staff member, playing with all the setups and when I was ready to go with the season I would create another game and do the same thing with another team.

I think there are some things you have to consider when you want trade for a player in FM.
1. Your club reputation
2. The level and reputation of your league
3. If you play in the Champions League, Europa League, ...
4. The player like or dislike your club, a member of the team or the staff.
5. If the player just signed a new contract or was just traded, you have little chance to sign him during the same mercato.

Now if you have the right factors in your favor, you can make public compliments about the player and make him like you, you then make an offer to the club and when they response with a higher counter offer you withdraw, if the player like you and want to go to your club he will complain and the club will put him on the trading block on a lower price, you have to be quick and make the first offer and you have to negociate the contract quickly, if you fail to aggree on the contract, other clubs will jump on the occasion or he might sign a new contract.

If you put bigger signing bonus for the player and the agent on the contract, you can neggociate the rest on contract in your favor.
Yea I really enjoy that factor. Being able to use the media to unsettle a player at their club. Pretty cool stuff.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Two questions so far:

1. How the hell does scouting work?

2. If you play a player at a different position, can he improve at it? I.E. a midfielder is a "natural" at CM, but "accomplished" at DM. If I play him a lot at DM, will he improve to "natural"?

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 06-03-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I assume it's more fun but harder to start with a really bad team?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I assume it's more fun but harder to start with a really bad team?
I put semi-pro as my player experience for my coach and I could only land a job with the worst team in the Chilean first division and yeah it's fun but the matches piss you off. I have yet to win one because my defense may as well be tackling dummies.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Two questions so far:

1. How the hell does scouting work?

2. If you play a player at a different position, can he improve at it? I.E. a midfielder is a "natural" at CM, but "accomplished" at DM. If I play him a lot at DM, will he improve to "natural"?
I havent played 14, so these answers are from 13. I'm not sure how different it is, but I doubt it can be TOO different, right?

1. You go to the scouting screen and send a scout to a particular country looking for a particular thing. Each scout has certain countries that they're "experts" at, aka the reports will return a lot faster. I tend to scout for youngsters, so I have them look for people who grade out well on their potential, according to my scout. If you send a scout to Brazil that has no prior knowledge of Brazil, it'll take ages for him to get back to you, but his knowledge of the country will increase, so it wont take as long next time.

2. You can train them to learn a position on a players' individual training screen, and they'll improve at it over time. But as long as they have high attributes in the specific areas that a role calls for (ie the deep lying playmaker role @ CM), then he should be relatively fine there, even if they arent necessarily naturals at that spot. They wont be AS good, but it's not the end of the world to play someone out of position.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:51 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I put semi-pro as my player experience for my coach and I could only land a job with the worst team in the Chilean first division and yeah it's fun but the matches piss you off. I have yet to win one because my defense may as well be tackling dummies.
Oh so you can't just choose you team? I wanted to play as one of the lower level Scottish teams (maybe East Fife since that is where my ancestors are from).

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

You can be whichever team you want, or you can start unemployed and go from there.