Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

I'm supporting the Germans because I went traveling through Europe two years ago and got stranded in Berlin during the WC, that was one of the best weeks of my life so I'm rooting for Germany to win the ec because they got screwed against the Italians.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronaldo is a baby because he whines about ever time he gets touched or something doesn't go his way...I hate when really good players complain so much more than they should when instead of flopping or acting like they were fouled, he could just go strong and maintain possession...it made me so happy that he missed his PK and I would have loved if that was the deciding factor, oh well...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate big games ending on PKs, especially in the rain with a poor field. i think chelsea deserved the championship but the dumb penalty by drogba and the horrible luck they got led to manchester winning. im not complaining though, i was going for the reds. and tevez and giggs shoulda won the game for us so many times.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there was no horrible luck.... if u wanna go with luck man u wins 4-2

it was well deserved and man u was the best team all year this coming from a liverpool supporter... and for those complainin about ronaldo's crying and diving, what do u have to say about drogba? he does the same and is classless.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes, players who unnecessarily dive and whine all the time are ridiculous...I can admit players are good or great, like Ronaldo, but I can also hate them and want to punch them in the face because they spend more time on the ground or crying than they do actually playing...but in the end, they are world-class athletes making more money than I ever will, but that doesn't mean I can't hate them for being giant pussies
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:46 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sooooooooooooo happy right now. That was such a great game, there was almost nothing between the teams. But still...

CHAMPIONS!

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:57 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
I am sooooooooooooo happy right now. That was such a great game, there was almost nothing between the teams. But still...

CHAMPIONS!
We were so happy at my house when v.d. Sar stopped that last penalty. I did feel bad for Terry though

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:16 AM    (permalink
trekindude
Rookie

trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think Chelsea did a hell of a lot of complaining throughout the game though. They challenged every decision, it was a bit much. I did find it quite funny that Makelele's yellow card was for his "involvement in the pushing after the foul", despite lying on the floor through all of it until he stood up and got carded. Oh well, twas a good game.
trekindude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chelsea got screwed a lot over some calls. especially joe cole.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I though the officiating was fine. The commentators were griping over Makelele's yellow but I understand Michel's logic in issuing yellows to both players. In the end, I think Manchester United deserved it more because I thought Makelele should have been sent off for elbowing Hargreaves in the face. If you take that as it happened, with no call, then its almost a dead even game. I did find it interesting that Chelsea had nearly double the total shots but only half as many on goal, but I suppose with all the outside shots that makes sense.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

no, there were many calls where joe cole didnt touch the ball out but was ruled in favor of manchester. nothing major but still. he was getting pretty pissed on the pitch.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champions league over, congratulations to the Red Devils and to Ronaldo, who's gonna win the FWP.
Now let's focus on the European Championship.
Imo the favorites are: France, Spain, Italy in that order, while the surprise team will be Switzerland...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:25 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

i think portugal's gotta be one of the favorites too. and i think russia will surprise.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
no, there were many calls where joe cole didnt touch the ball out but was ruled in favor of manchester. nothing major but still. he was getting pretty pissed on the pitch.
Yeah I've got to admit there were a lot of small calls that went our way but still he got all the main decisions correct.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-23-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Metsox made a threat about but it got locked. Still a relevant article for the soccer thread :D

Quote:
Default Sexiest WAG's of World Soccer
Oh god how this link makes me wanna be a soccer player.

My Favs, Rooney and Kaka's girls. #40 and #39.

http://www.coedmagazine.com/sports/8471

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-24-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
trekindude
Rookie

trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Since when has Gemma Atkinson been dating Marcus Bent? And seriously, Marcus Bent?! He looks like he's been hit with a spade.
trekindude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Cole really hates bees.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i think portugal's gotta be one of the favorites too. and i think russia will surprise.
i donīt know where you have russia on the paper ( i like them , too . more the people , than the soccer :) ) but to apply the success of Zenit to the russian national team , is a bit of a stretch , i guess. they seem to be pretty young , they are more on my World cup paper in 2010.

portugal is getting older and older , i think their window is closing very fast , same goes for france. the only veteran team i count on are the italians , because they always seems to manage bringing in the best defense.

@the great escape. iam glad that you root for us , but i doubt we are winning this. EC is always a tough time for germany. our last win was the final against czech republik 12 years ago . we have two big "ifs" on both outside midfield positions and our strikers comming from not so efficient years.
AND we have the top sleeper in our group. watch out for croatia !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Champions league over, congratulations to the Red Devils and to Ronaldo, who's gonna win the FWP.
Now let's focus on the European Championship.
Imo the favorites are: France, Spain, Italy in that order, while the surprise team will be Switzerland...
before spain wins any significant , the desert will freeze. every cup they are the sleepers , just to fall on their faces everytime. for my liking , the french are too old , i agree with italy and i doubt that switzerland reach the playoffs.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

ok maybe russia wont go far but ill be quietly rooting for them. i think the clear cut favorites are italy. i like germany too. i love the eurocup. cannot wait for it to start.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea Portugal has to be a favorite right now. When you have the best player in the world on your squad, you are dangerous.

Greece won it 4 years ago, so I'm thinking about taking a sleeper team. But since I'm 50% Italian, I'll go with the Azurri.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the most open competition in a while IMO, with no real standout favourites. In terms of talent I'd be tempted to say Spain, but their temperament, and ability to bottle winnable games finally means I might not back them. I'll go with Italy I think. My sleeper might be the Dutch.

Also, sorry to hijack the thread a little, but I've been asked to advertise the new fantasy football thing, so...
NAFFL is now open. Signup now.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...play.php?f=101

and if you signup, say I invited you lol.

Right, also I think the Croats have a decent shout as well, they play very good football, and utilise the players well within the system. A team with Corluka, Kranjcar and Modric is going to be tough regardless.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

I still think France will win the Euros but I'm gonna be supporting Portugal. I think we should try and get some sort of fantasy draft or pickem going to do with the Euros.

And Chelsea sacked Avram Grant, who didn't see that coming?

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-24-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

i was the biggest ronaldo hater after the world cup incident but the crybaby is a baller. and him playing for manchester united helped. the few times i've watched portugal play, it seems quite 'dirty'. im gonna be pulling for germany and the netherlands and i think croatia is greatly underrated.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Anyone else watching England v USA?

God it would be an absolute embaressment if we lost.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 05-28-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't even know we were playing tonight until about 2 hours ago. It's on though.