Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-21-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't particularly hate them, except Deco, but was only expecting a draw at most, delighted to win! Just gotta finish the job at Fortress Anfield!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGALIZE_THESHIZZLE
Liva'Pool is getting their ass kicked 2night!!!
Sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over all of the celebrating going on at my house right now! You'll Never Walk Alone!!!

PS. Bellamy's celebration was indeed disgusting, but I will care about that in the morning, right now I am just so glad we won! Thoroughly deserved as well!
Its a amazing result, and a fair one from what I hear. I don't think Bellamy was that out of order, he clearly did it in jest to show that they were both passed it. It's not like he had any problems with setting Riise up for the winning goals. Just because people fight, like Dyer and Bowyer or even Miller and Krutz, it doesn't mean that they will forever hate one another. Credit to Benitez, for having faith in his players, he is a world class manager in Europe.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGALIZE_THESHIZZLE
Liva'Pool is getting their ass kicked 2night!!!
Sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over all of the celebrating going on at my house right now! You'll Never Walk Alone!!!

PS. Bellamy's celebration was indeed disgusting, but I will care about that in the morning, right now I am just so glad we won! Thoroughly deserved as well!
Its a amazing result, and a fair one from what I hear. I don't think Bellamy was that out of order, he clearly did it in jest to show that they were both passed it. It's not like he had any problems with setting Riise up for the winning goals. Just because people fight, like Dyer and Bowyer or even Miller and Krutz, it doesn't mean that they will forever hate one another. Credit to Benitez, for having faith in his players, he is a world class manager in Europe.
That's true, but if I was in Bellamy's position I would have just gone over and celebrated with Riise or something. The golf swing was in jest but it could have been seen as causing more trouble, should be keeping his head down.

Disgusting was a bit strong, but I'm not keen on Bellamy, he shouldn't be hitting a fellow professional, much less a team mate, in the legs with a golf club.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobzilla
ESPN really needs to start showing more matches here in the states. Why cant they make a deal with the FA or la Liga to show a couple games here every week?
In Canada, I get games from all the major leagues on digital. FA is the best with the best commentary. I hate having to listen to Canadian commentators dubbing over La Liga games.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Excuse me, but can someone tell me what was so wrong with Bellamy's celebration?

I assume you mean this one?

Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the game just started. The few games i get to watch in the states ruined! haha just kidding.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango
Excuse me, but can someone tell me what was so wrong with Bellamy's celebration?

I assume you know Bellamy hit Riise with a golf club recently, right?

Old 02-21-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another night of football completely missed. Any brits know which channel(s) are showing highlights the ITV show doesnt seem to be on tonight.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Liverpool with the big win on the road, however i see them loosing 2-0 at home in the second leg of the round of 16

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

:shock:

That's not cool man. It'd be like Bertuzzi celebrating a goal by acting like he's punching a guy in the back of the head.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Quote:

That's not cool man. It'd be like Bertuzzi celebrating a goal by acting like he's punching a guy in the back of the head.

Craig Bellamy=Tonya Harding

What a ******* nut. Assaulting his own teammates, hitting women in a nightclub. He's just not good news.

Liverpool were really impressive, possibly a 6th Euroopean Cup? Hopefully the Celts will met you guys and put an end to that.

You'll Never Walk Alone??

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

when does arsenal play again? i was really dissapointed seeing them take a loss to psv eindhoven. they need to fix their defense

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Quote:

Craig Bellamy=Tonya Harding

What a *********** nut. Assaulting his own teammates, hitting women in a nightclub. He's just not good news.

Liverpool were really impressive, possibly a 6th Euroopean Cup? Hopefully the Celts will met you guys and put an end to that.

You'll Never Walk Alone??
I'm a Man U fan buddy. :D

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:36 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...016248,00.html

Quote:
Liverpool's preparations for Wednesday's Champions League game at Barcelona have been overshadowed by drunken misbehaviour on the Algarve. Craig Bellamy is facing a heavy fine and an uncertain future after a night out allegedly concluded with the forward using a golf club to attack his team-mate John Arne Riise.
Quote:
Bellamy apparently felt he had lost face in front of his team-mates and, having armed himself with a golf club, tracked down Riise before allegedly swinging it at his legs.
Just so you all know what happened, as it seems a few dont

Old 02-22-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Liverpool with the big win on the road, however i see them loosing 2-0 at home in the second leg of the round of 16
i don't think you understand how iffy Barca has been this year. They haven't been consistent because of injuries and Eto'o being a primadonna. Their team is loaded but I doubt they will overcome a loss at home with 2 away goals against. My guess is it will be a draw, 1-1. Bayern will win the series against Real Madrid too, even though they both suck this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-22-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Barca looked more solid than liverpool. i think liverpool caught a break with one of the goals scored by Kuyt. i think liverpool will win the next match

Old 02-22-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Come on, if you think that his celebration is bad then you are way over your head and thinking about this way too much.

It was a joke, he was pissed off because the media had blown some miniscule thing into a huge one, he was annoyed, angry and had sp,e frustration, he would be relieved to score such an important goal so he celebrated like that.

Big deal guys, he was letting his frustration out. Jesus, you guys are overreacting way too much.

'That's not cool man' or, 'what a ******* nut'

Just get over it, it was a joke, Gerrard was seen laughing in the background.

Oh, and Barca wern't more solid then Liverpool, it was t'other way round, Barca were shocking while Liverpool played a really solid game of footbal;l.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
Barca looked more solid than liverpool. i think liverpool caught a break with one of the goals scored by Kuyt. i think liverpool will win the next match
When teams miss golden chances the way Barca does, it means that they are iffy in their play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

Quote:

I'm a Man U fan buddy. :D

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

i agree people overreacted to his celebration.

however i think Barca is a stronger team than liverpool. liverpool doesnt seem to have as good of a team chemistry as Barca to me but i am glad liverpool won. i think they got lucky off of that goal Kuyt was able to knock in off the goal keepers fingertips

Old 02-22-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

im glad liverpool won but i just dont see them winning at home vs barca. However they can still loose 1-0 and advance which is what i still think will happen.

first to 500 posts
Old 02-22-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
im glad liverpool won but i just dont see them winning at home vs barca. However they can still loose 1-0 and advance which is what i still think will happen.
QFT

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
QFT
and QFT means?

first to 500 posts
Old 02-22-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
QFT
and QFT means?
Quoted for Truthiness.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

you would think a member who has been on here for over 2 years would know that

first to 500 posts