Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-20-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
But very little scoring.
Usually there's at least 5 goals a game...

The average is about 6 goals a game and has been for a few years now.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Usually there's at least 5 goals a game...
What is that, a goal every 12 minutes of play? And that would be like 20 minutes in real life? That's just not enough. I'm sorry but I don't personally want to see a game where 9 times out of 10 the goalie makes a save.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
What is that, a goal every 12 minutes of play? And that would be like 20 minutes in real life? That's just not enough. I'm sorry but I don't personally want to see a game where 9 times out of 10 the goalie makes a save.
Well I doubt it is that far removed from football. I can't imagine the NFL averaging many more than 6 touchdowns a game.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But very little scoring.
And that's supposed to be a bad thing? Look at the NHL All-Star Game! Each team scores about 10 goals, and it's the most boring thing in the world, because no one wants to be physical or play defense.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO nothing in sports beats a fantastic save by a goalie. When a goalie saves it, it usually isn't because someone shot it at him. Watch a guy like Brodeur, for example. He is one hell of an athlete, and can do whatever he needs to to put part of his body in front of a puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we were having a discussion in sociology the other day and we were talking about how certain people dressed and we saying how white people wears hollister and black people wear baggy clothes and saggin pants and stuff like that and one person goes well duh whats saggin spelled backwards.....just thought that was funny teacher was trying to say sagginG backwards and never got it lol

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
we were having a discussion in sociology the other day and we were talking about how certain people dressed and we saying how white people wears hollister and black people wear baggy clothes and saggin pants and stuff like that and one person goes well duh whats saggin spelled backwards.....just thought that was funny teacher was trying to say sagginG backwards and never got it lol
hahahahahahaha thats awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
man that was hard to read. hopefully you have a career in sociology, because i dont think you have one in english.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats the deal with mexicans?
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
whats the deal with mexicans?
EDIT: TOOK OUT RACIST JOKE.
gjnklsdgkhsdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
man that was hard to read. hopefully you have a career in sociology, because i dont think you have one in english.
yes i just read it again and i barely got it ;] i was typing and watching the LSU game at the same time

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree with Kevin. I also don't like it when people choose weird new modern first names like Braden and match it with their uber last names such as Russo and think it's acceptable.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But very little scoring.
What's the deal with people needing scoring to be happy?

I'll love watching defensive plays... whether it's football, baseball, basketball, soccer, or hockey... Good Defense > Good Offense, at least in watching... I love it when teams get into scoring position, and get utterly knocked the **** out, either by good goalie work, a great pitch (or throw to home), well... i don't actually like basketball... so...

yes.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

That's why I'm surprised people have started watching more Lacrosse. Teams score 10-30 times a game and it's very similar to Hockey.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this was going to be a thread of Jerry Seinfeld jokes by looking at the title.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
European Soccer and Hockey don't get nearly enough air time/love in the states as they should... especially hockey considering its a fast paced game, with lots of physical play, lots of amazing moves, etc...
so true, im sick of having to get the extra channels just to watch one or two games a week, soccer and hockey are the two most underrated sports and they need to get more tv time.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
so true, im sick of having to get the extra channels just to watch one or two games a week, soccer and hockey are the two most underrated sports and they need to get more tv time.

Almost all of the Wild games are on FSN :)
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

when a black guy calls a white person a cracker/saltine, they could care less, but when a white guy calls a black guy a ******, he gets extremly pissed. What can white people be called to be pissed off?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh man thats a great one haha
Old 10-21-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
That's why I'm surprised people have started watching more Lacrosse. Teams score 10-30 times a game and it's very similar to Hockey.
ESPN did show some of their games this year.Not only is there alot of scoring but theres other things to watch during the game.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i never used to like Hockey until i started going to my school's games... there's nothing more fun that going to a hockey game and taunting the opposing team.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
i never used to like Hockey until i started going to my school's games... there's nothing more fun that going to a hockey game and taunting the opposing team.

Lol, last year's playoffs, there were like 150 kids from my school at the game, and we were allll taunting the hell outta the other team. We yelled at the goalie "It's all your fault! It's all your fault!" and found out his name was Colin, so we were like "Cooooooooooooo-lllllllliiiiinnn.... Coooooooooooooooo-llllinnnn". And the game was rough so people got kicked out, and we would yell **** at their guys when they got taken out, they were SO pissed. It was the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate when people name their kid something like Lexus, or Diamond. So you want them to be strippers?

I also hate when people name their kids like Mister or Sir. They always say "I gave him that name so people would always have to call him Sir, and show him respect." I've got an idea, how about you teach your kids to be good people that do something with their lives and they'll get that respect because they earned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
ESPN did show some of their games this year.Not only is there alot of scoring but theres other things to watch during the game.
ESPN shows a lot of sports, doesn't mean its popular.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Lol, last year's playoffs, there were like 150 kids from my school at the game, and we were allll taunting the hell outta the other team. We yelled at the goalie "It's all your fault! It's all your fault!" and found out his name was Colin, so we were like "Cooooooooooooo-lllllllliiiiinnn.... Coooooooooooooooo-llllinnnn". And the game was rough so people got kicked out, and we would yell **** at their guys when they got taken out, they were SO pissed. It was the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event.
we played this one team, i think it was Marian College, and they had this guy named Teal... we were on him all game, just yelling "YOU SUCK TEAL" and all kinds of stuff, he got really pissed and made a bunch of terrible penalties, it was hilarious. After this game we would always look at the roster ahead of time and determine the person we were going to make fun of that game.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote