Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-21-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scar's offseason plan

yes, that it is... hopefully. we go with this plan:

FA
OT Max Starks - need a mauling molesting OT
CB B.J. Sams - KR/PR/Nickel and dime guy
DRAFT
1 - QB Matt Ryan - Boston College - 6'5" 218
- a true leader and pocket QB. will be great fit for Petrino's offense.
2a - OT Barry Richardson - Clemson - 6'7" 330
- a mauler in the run game and very good in pass pro
2b - RB Tashard Choice - Georgia Tech - 6'1" 205
- a pounder. the guy who would be a great compliment to Norwood.
3 - DT Red Bryant - Texas A&M - 6'5" 324
- a true NT. will be great in the role in our Defense. will be a good compliment to Babineaux when Coleman and Gravy retire. Lewis will be the #3 DT and play backup to both spots.
4a - OG Andrew Bain - Miami (FL) - 6'3 344
- eventual replacement for Forney. a mauling run blocker who is quick enough for tackle but will be a Guard at the pro level.
4b - LB Ben Moffitt - South Florida - 6'2" 240
- a true leader. a MLB if I ever saw one. looks like a poor mans John Vilma.
5 - K Brandon Coutu - Georgia - 6'0" 200
- powerful legged kicker. good accuracy too
6a - OT Geoff Schwartz - Oregon - 6'7" 337 (projected comp for Kerney)
- eventual replacement for Starks, a mauling run blocker who is solid in pass pro.
6b - DE Wallace Gilberry - Alabama - 6'4" 264(projected for Rossum trade)
- a non stop motor guy. productive. will be a good rotational DE with Abraham. more of a run stopper but at RE should be a good backup for J-Abe.
7 - S Jamal Lewis - Georgia Tech - 6'0" 199
- more of a coverage guy. but can come up and hit people. will be a good backup FS for us.

final 53 man:
QB - Matt Ryan/Byron Leftwich/D.J. Shockley
RB - Jerious Norwood/Tashard Choice
FB - Ovie Mughelli/Corey McIntyre
WRX - Roddy White/Laurent Robinson/Adam Jennings
WRZ - Michael Jenkins/Joe Horn
TE - Alge Crumpler/Martrez Milner/Dwayne Blakely
LT - Barry Richardson/Renardo Foster
LG - Justin Blalock/Tyson Clabo
C - Todd McClure/Doug Datish
RG - Kynan Forney/Andrew Bain
RT - Max Starks/Geoff Schwartz

LE - Jamaal Anderson/Chauncey Davis
NT - Grady Jackson/Red Bryant/Trey Lewis
UT - Rod Coleman/John Babineaux/Trey Lewis
RE - John Abraham/Wallace Gilberry
WLB - Stephen Nicholas/Tony Taylor/Travis Williams
MLB - Keith Brooking/Ben Moffitt
SLB - Michael Boley/Marcus Wilkins
LCB - DeAngelo Hall/David Irons
RCB - Chris Houston/B.J. Sams
FS - Jimmy Williams/Jamal Lewis
SS - Chris Crocker/Daren Stone

K - Brandon Coutu
P - Michael Koenen
KOS - Michael Koenen
KR - B.J. Sams/Jerious Norwood
PR - B.J. Sams/Adam Jennings
LS - Mike Schneck

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not in love with Ryan.
Choice lacks any attribute putting him in the upper tier of the 2nd round.
Starks is overrated and is getting beat out by Willie Colon in many aspects.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Choice is a pounder at 205?

I havent seen him play.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

he is the same size as Norwood and Norwood has prooved he can run with power and is a whole heck of alot faster than choice.

I was about to post my one of these the other day, however i wanted to wait to see how Byron did. Ill post it in the next few days, i too, have Max Starks as a F/A signing
Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a really big Matt Ryan fan and I like the direction you went with this. I would certainly be happy.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:32 AM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Barry Richardson doesnt have the footwork to play LT on the next level and Tashard Choice is a bad Choice I would rather give Shelling a chance.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does everyone think of drafting either Mcfadden or a OT in the top 10. Then trading backup into the first round for a QB. It would take our 1st round pick next year to do it.

What round pick did we get for Rossum ?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
What does everyone think of drafting either Mcfadden or a OT in the top 10. Then trading backup into the first round for a QB. It would take our 1st round pick next year to do it.
Something like this will become the mindset of all of us as draft day nears. Another thing for you to consider is Dallas wanting D Mac and trading the house (including 2 1sts) to come up to get him. We'd only drop about 4-5 picks with our 1st 1st (Clevland's record shouldn't be too superior to ours) and then also have a low 1st and whatever else they give
Old 10-22-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't though about trading down with Dallas, but you can allready see the rumor of them trading up for dmac starting. The free agent market could be big with the extra money from Vick.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've been saying that I wanted to trade with Dallas for a while, however, I don't see that happening, they don't want DMac that bad, and they shouldn't...they have Marion Barber, unless they just can't land him in FA...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I've been saying that I wanted to trade with Dallas for a while, however, I don't see that happening, they don't want DMac that bad, and they shouldn't...they have Marion Barber, unless they just can't land him in FA...
Barber is a Restricted FA. We'll resign him, no doubt.

Max Starks is so overrated. Moffitt will probably be a first day guy, imo. Other than that, pretty good hopes for your team, I'd say. Barry Richardson is underrated on these boards.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Glenn Dorsey
2a. Jonathan Stewart
2b. JDB/Chad Henne/Tony Hills/Barry Richardson: BPA here

Next draft pick up Rey from USC. Only problem here is one of these QB's could be a bust.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
You're right, however, when you have as few needs as Dallas they could move up for anyone who is elite. A perfect example if Kenny Phillips, if i was Dallas that'd be who id be wanting to move up for, i love Barber. The only reason i said Dmac is because thats what i have heard people talk about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
1. Glenn Dorsey
2a. Jonathan Stewart

Next draft pick up Rey from USC. Only problem here is one of these QB's could be a bust.
yeah i never thought of hoping that Rey actually stays in school. I mean id love to get him, but, if we cant get him or other needs outweigh a high MLB id rather no-one get him. He would still be a 21 year old senior

The one issue is with the Running back, with our team they way it is we have alot of needs, id look to how we could best fill our needs. There looks to be some ideal RB's available in F/A. Michael Turner is a perfect compliment to Jerious Norwood. Both these backs are quite young and it allows us to use the draft pick for positions that wont/arent ever available in F/A, such as a young franchise QB, and a franchise LT . Whereas a highley touted rookie RB would suggest that we have given up on Norwood which i certainly have not, AND we would Jeopardise the QB,LT /LT, QB combination that we need to take with our first two draft picks

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-23-2007 at 12:30 AM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:48 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
1. Glenn Dorsey
2a. Jonathan Stewart

why woudl we waste our first round pick on a backup/future NT who is more of a UT? seriously? it makes no sense at all when we have actual needs at OL and QB and power Rb.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote