Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone watching Graceland?
Old 08-20-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so I finally watched Orphan Black after vidae bugged me about it for ages, and I burned through all of season 1 in a single day. Great show. And ************* bravo to Tatiana Maslany. Seriously, bra-*******-vo.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I have two episodes on my DVR but I've been mostly keeping up with it, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Ok so I finally watched Orphan Black after vidae bugged me about it for ages, and I burned through all of season 1 in a single day. Great show. And ************* bravo to Tatiana Maslany. Seriously, bra-*******-vo.
It's about time yo! See the sig as well!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last couple episodes of Graceland have been Kinda crazy. I'm liking it so far.

I'm gonna have to download Orphan Black. I watched the first 2 episodes at my parents house on their Comcast OnDemand. I can't get it to work on Dish Network though...great show so far.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jonathan Banks will appear in 11 of 13 episodes of Community's upcoming season!?

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/commu...han-banks.html

Whoa.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
The last couple episodes of Graceland have been Kinda crazy. I'm liking it so far.

I'm gonna have to download Orphan Black. I watched the first 2 episodes at my parents house on their Comcast OnDemand. I can't get it to work on Dish Network though...great show so far.
Yeah, I'm really liking it as well. The story is interesting and I love me some Paige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Jonathan Banks will appear in 11 of 13 episodes of Community's upcoming season!?

Whoa.
I didn't bother watching last season but now I may have to catch up...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Yeah, I'm really liking it as well. The story is interesting and I love me some Paige.
I fell in love with the chick Mike was dating the first time she got on screen. She is gorgeous.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Whoa.
That is so awesome.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Five episodes into Terriers now. How the **** did this show not hook enough people?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:02 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit, I've joined the Suits club.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About time. It's the perfect summer show. Hot women, good dialogue, fun stories. It's the ****.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Five episodes into Terriers now. How the **** did this show not hook enough people?
Big Bang Theory has 6 seasons.
Life sometimes has no reason....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched all of Broadchurch, the new BBC show starring David Tennant. Quite good, I recommend it for anyone looking for something to watch. Just the one season so far, 8 episodes.

Naturally, America is about to do their own version for FOX, which will probably suck. We have a knack for ruining good tv.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Just watched all of Broadchurch, the new BBC show starring David Tennant. Quite good, I recommend it for anyone looking for something to watch. Just the one season so far, 8 episodes.

Naturally, America is about to do their own version for FOX, which will probably suck. We have a knack for ruining good tv.
Kinda absurd that FOX is going to "Americanize" a show where they spoke English on the original. It's not like they're adapting some Danish show as has been all the rage lately (Killing, Bridge, etc).

It worked for "The Office," but I'd argue that British humor is a little different than British police drama, which is going to translate just fine to an American audience, haha.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kinda absurd that FOX is going to "Americanize" a show where they spoke English on the original. It's not like they're adapting some Danish show as has been all the rage lately (Killing, Bridge, etc).

It worked for "The Office," but I'd argue that British humor is a little different than British police drama, which is going to translate just fine to an American audience, haha.
To defend FOX (which is something I hate doing) they probably have a legitimate concern that the public in general would not be receptive to a British show simply for the fact that it isn't American. It is absurd, but that's the way Americans are in general.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only saw two episodes for Broadchurch on BBC America.

I like BBC America shows, they are pretty good.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I loved Broadchurch. Thought it was really good.

Quote:

I mean, it depends on how they "Americanize" it. I mean the laws are different and so is the general approach to the justice system. I don't know how well that would play here. I didn't see any issue with Broadchurch specifically in that regard though.

Plus I am willing to bet the cast is considered much better looking in the US version. More models, less quality acting.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If you like BBC America shows and you haven't seen Orphan Black yet, you're doing TV wrong.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

American version will be full of hot chicks. The female detective will be uber hot and so will the mom.

And the detective will have drinking problem.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

I've seen 2 episodes of both Orphan Black and Broadchurch. Both good so far, my only complaint is that sometimes I find the accents hard to understand. That's the only good reason I can come up with for making American versions.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The accents are fine. If you want hard to understand British, watch the Red Riding miniseries.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I've seen 2 episodes of both Orphan Black and Broadchurch. Both good so far, my only complaint is that sometimes I find the accents hard to understand. That's the only good reason I can come up with for making American versions.
Orphan Black is filmed in Canada. Who on that show is not speaking pretty plain American English?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Orphan Black is filmed in Canada. Who on that show is not speaking pretty plain American English?
More so in Broadchurch. I think there was only 1 instance in Orphan Black so far that I couldn't understand a word despite rewinding 3 times. There are certain parts in Broadchurch that I've missed entire sentences and just had to piece together what they're talking about.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Now Tatiana Maslany is gonna guest on two episodes of Parks and Rec this season as a love interest for Tom.

Does any show get this many all-star guest appearances as Parks? Maybe Community, but I'd argue they're not as great.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

mmm, Tatiana Maslany..