Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-24-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would have been an awful ending if it ended with the storm too. That was laughable. I am amazed they managed to make the ending even worse.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/remem...nsters,102659/

This is a pretty good review of the final Dexter episode and it matches my feelings perfectly. I came into the finale with low expectations and assuming when it ended I would be mildly annoyed, but at least happy I finished out the series. The writers managed to come up with an absolutely terrible ending and completely bottomed out the lowest of expectations and unfortunately the end of the series ruined the 1st few seasons of the show, which were promising.

I need a new signature.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
It would have been an awful ending if it ended with the storm too. That was laughable. I am amazed they managed to make the ending even worse.
Yes, but at least it would be understandable to viewers. How they added 45 more seconds and did what they did, just made it...dumb.

I can only think that it leaves an opening to bring it back later is what they were thinking.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post

This is a pretty good review of the final Dexter episode and it matches my feelings perfectly. I came into the finale with low expectations and assuming when it ended I would be mildly annoyed, but at least happy I finished out the series. The writers managed to come up with an absolutely terrible ending and completely bottomed out the lowest of expectations and unfortunately the end of the series ruined the 1st few seasons of the show, which were promising.

I need a new signature.
This guy compared breaking bad with dexter at one point? ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
This guy compared breaking bad with dexter at one point? ha
Best part about it was he mentioned how fantastic the finale of The Shield was and now I will re-watch it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was really good. Also Chloe Bennet? Mmmmmmm.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Bob's Burger & Comedy Bang Bang is my sh*t
I want Paul F Tompkins as a character in every episode of Comedy bing bong.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I thought Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was really good. Also Chloe Bennet? Mmmmmmm.
Mmmm. Yes to all of the above.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be tuning in again for sure. Not the greatest show ever, but super entertaining.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked it a lot also. They did a good job of making it similar to the Marvel movies in a condensed fashion.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I want Paul F Tompkins as a character in every episode of Comedy bing bong.
It's pronounced Comedy Gang Bang

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
It's pronounced Comedy Gang Bang

Comedy so nice, they banged it twice.

http://youtu.be/DjfFcvXdwxI?t=1h26s

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post

I need a new signature.
It was a completely terrible ending. The season had promise early, but just devolved into a giant ball of unnecessarily plot twists. They had 12 episodes to end it nicely and they after 8, you'd think it was a middle-of-the-series season. Zero urgency, a ton of useless plot lines (the brain surgeon, Zach, Deb & Dexter coming back together, Hannah and Dexter coming back together, Harrison existing).

They even wasted time in the finale by having Deb initially survive the gunshot, which damaged zero vital organs, to then stroke out from no apparent cause. They wasted a solid 10 minutes of her being alive for no reason at all.

And the end was...I don't even think "cop-out" is suitable to use here. It just made absolutely no sense. The article covered a lot of the issues, so I won't rehash them.

From the ******* beginning, there were very basic ways to end Dexter. He gets found out and either gets caught, dies, or gets away. The writers had those very simple (though tough) choices to make, and the ******* opted out. And they didn't just opt out, they came up with the single dumbest thing I've ever seen on TV.

That Hurricane was ludicrous. I don't think any of the writers or graphics team members have ever seen or read about what goes on during a hurricane. It's kind of obvious that they haven't. That he dumped the body and then "disappeared", what's the point in dumping the body? I figured the point in dumping the body was so he could immediately have the final moment with Deb and then head to Argentina as there was nothing left for him in Miami.

They spent the entire season showing that he isn't just a one-dimensional psychopath who has seemingly learned from past events and then they just throw it all in the ocean. And the epilogue was just ******* stupid. What's the point? He just abandoned his kid and dumped him with a woman he supposedly has an undying love for. How is that fair or make any sense?

This **** reminds me very much of the Spiderman One More Day comic and rant:

The part I'm talking about really starts at 15:35. Just substitute "Spiderman" and "Peter Parker" with "Dexter".
Old 09-25-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
i stopped watching after that season. not for any reason really, but im so glad i did. its still pure to me.
This is exactly how I've done it and despite a few people trying to get me to watch the rest I've refused and as far as I'm concerned that was a perfect place to end things. The monster tries to become a man, and another monster takes that away from him, leaving him unable to be a man with a son who's fate is still in question.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:33 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/09/20/de...season-gripes/

lolz

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed Agents of Shield. My only real gripe is that it was a bit "meta." A few times it felt like the writers were trying to say "hey viewers, remember that Avengers movie eveybody loved? Well, we are a spinoff." Not a big deal and I'm sure that will stop soon. I was entertained and there is nothing else to watch at that time so I'll keep watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm enjoying Brooklyn 99
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooklyn 9-9 is entertaining but it isn't really all that funny for me. I am hoping it takes a Parks and Rec like turn at some point.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
re: agents of shield... waiting for a decent stream, but did they address how coulson isn't actually dead anymore, or was it just aggressively retconned?
In the ads they alluded to some explanation but for me it felt sort of corny and a cheap shoe in for a character to draw audiences in with a recognizable face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They hinted towards something in the episode. As for Episode 1, I'd say 7/10. Not great but pretty good, with some references mostly to Iron Man 3. I'm probably more excited for the Gotham series in the works.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They didnt full explain it yet but they hint at some stuff throughout the episode.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-25-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Brooklyn 9-9 has been funnier than Parks was when it first started. People are so impatient these days.

New Girl was great last night. Winston coming up with ways to kill the cat was excellent and it's been said enough but Nick is just the man.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-25-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
re: agents of shield... waiting for a decent stream, but did they address how coulson isn't actually dead anymore, or was it just aggressively retconned?
They touched on it very briefly and didn't give any real answers, but I think they'll slowly show the viewers what happened over this season.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They said they faked his death to give the Avengers a common reason to fight together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
They said they faked his death to give the Avengers a common reason to fight together.
Yeah but there is clearly more to it than that.