Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-05-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the advises, I'll watch P&R when I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'd watch the final episode of Season 1. It is pretty good and sets you up for Season 2.
I'll probably do that.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also haven't watched Firefly. I feel like a failure at life.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Vidae wouldnt know about this mans awesomeness because he refuses to watch justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote: Grizz

Felt the need to pile on.

(Not to mention, I've never seen Firefly or Parks & Recreation)
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love science fiction and I've enjoyed Joss Whedon's other shows, so I think I'd love Firefly if I can get past the pilot. Movie-length pilots intimidate me.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you havent watched firefly into serenity you need to clear your night and get to it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yea Nick is better than Ron. Ron is not a real person and Nick is.
Saw his comedy show in February. Offerman owns. He also has a book apparently, which I saw today for the first time.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I love science fiction and I've enjoyed Joss Whedon's other shows, so I think I'd love Firefly if I can get past the pilot. Movie-length pilots intimidate me.
It's so good though. The pilot and the whole show. Like I watch and love Castle because he's a lesser version of Mal. The characters are all just so amazing and the storylines are really good and they set up so much awesomeness that Whedon never got to explore. It's still my favorite thing he's ever done.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Serenity is all kinds of wrong, though.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Whooaaaa I missed a lot. Parks is better than New Girl. Nick from New Girl is best character from both shows though.
I actually like Winston the most but it's really splitting hairs between him, nick and Schmidt. Ron's on that level, Jerry's on that level, Peslie, April and Ann are just off of them, but those new girl guys are just so amazing and have so many absolutely astounding moments and lines.

"Welcome to my photo booth, I live here now"

"Do you kids want to see a grown man cry? Then GET OUT!!!"
Old 10-05-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Serenity is all kinds of wrong, though.
...it's a let down but I still enjoyed it, the characters are all still great and the end was pretty epically badass, even if it was disappointing compared to the show and a lot messier.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick is clearly the best character. It's not even close.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raylan Givens thinks you're full of ****.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
...it's a let down but I still enjoyed it, the characters are all still great and the end was pretty epically badass, even if it was disappointing compared to the show and a lot messier.
The operator is the worst character ever and his sword ******** is ridiculous. And I hate the whole intro/prologue transforming Simon into something he has never been.

Speaking of Simon, anyone else always extremely bothered by his "she'll outlive us all" line in out of gas?

Last edited by Job Reborn : 10-05-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Quote:
The operator is the worst character ever and his sword ******** is ridiculous. And I hate the whole intro/prologue transforming Simon into something he has never been.

Speaking of Simon, anyone else always extremely bothered by his "she'll outlive us all" line in out of gas?
Not gunna lie, simon was the one character I didn't absolutely love so seeing him suddenly acting all badass out of character in the intro didn't bother me too much.

The operator is the guy sent to hunt river down right? He does suck, especially compared to how creppy the guys in suits on the show where with their sound-death-stick. But I still loved everybody else in the crew and it was entertaining.

And no, I never really noticed that line much, kinda really wanna marathon through the show now that we've been talking about it but I don't remember that line bothering me.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-05-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

And what do you mean by that?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the second episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was pretty good. I'll keep watching but I'm not sure it'll stick around very long, and that is sad times.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
And what do you mean by that?
I quite like Serenity, and I don't see that being a problem in the manner you do. Even if Firefly isn't as good as Dollhouse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I thought the second episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was pretty good. I'll keep watching but I'm not sure it'll stick around very long, and that is sad times.
It was fine, but as I mentioned to you earlier, I cannot stand the male lead that isn't Coulson. It's like every bad cliche thrown into one.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-05-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Angel > All other Whedon stuff
Old 10-05-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was fine, but as I mentioned to you earlier, I cannot stand the male lead that isn't Coulson. It's like every bad cliche thrown into one.
Yeah you were right about that for sure. I kinda hope he gets smoothed out as the show goes on because right now he's hard to take seriously.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

I don't like him either, but I think he was a lot better in the second episode. Hopefully they keep improving him and make him a little less two dimensional.

As for the bad guy from Serenity, he's pretty lame Brodie, so much worse than the people after River in the show.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
I don't like him either, but I think he was a lot better in the second episode. Hopefully they keep improving him and make him a little less two dimensional.

As for the bad guy from Serenity, he's pretty lame Brodie, so much worse than the people after River in the show.
SPEAK ENGLISH= worst tough guy phrase ever. And the villain was Chiwetel Ejiofor, who ******* rules.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-05-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

As an actor? Sure, but that character was almost as cookie cutter as the guy from agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Quote:
SPEAK ENGLISH= worst tough guy phrase ever. And the villain was Chiwetel Ejiofor, who ******* rules.
The actor does rule. Not his fault he played a ****** character.