Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched the second episode of SHIELD and just really didn't like it at all. I don't like any of the characters and nothing really happened that I care about. Other than the stupid girl, nothing really carried over from the Pilot, either. I'll give it a couple more chances, but it seems like a pretty average or below-average show that just isn't worth my time so far.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but you liked Dexter, so..

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah but you liked Dexter, so..
Irrelevant to Agents of SHIELD looking like a typical bad network drama so far.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Irrelevant to Agents of SHIELD looking like a typical bad network drama so far.
Completely relevant to your opinion on TV shows being awful though.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone been watching The Blacklist? I find it oddly enjoyable for some reason. Probably because Spader is amazing in his role. The lead actress is kind of meh/crappy but Spader makes up for it.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** James Spader.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
**** James Spader.
**** YOU PAL!

Buy why?
Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because it looks so blah as a show and is hyped far more than the amazing Hannibal is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Because it looks so blah as a show and is hyped far more than the amazing Hannibal is.
So this is a jealously thing?

Also "it looks," as in, you have not watched it? Shame on you, sir. SHAME!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Completely relevant to your opinion on TV shows being awful though.
You watch and enjoy far worse television than Dexter.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mentioned this show a couple of weeks (and am too lazy to see if anyone else has since then), but only recently realized the trailer was posted online. It's looking like it will be a must see for me;

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely gonna give it a shot, it's an HBO drama.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it where is all the Sleepy Hallow talk?

Vidae... watch it cause I need someone to get on this bandwagon with me!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Has anyone been watching The Blacklist? I find it oddly enjoyable for some reason. Probably because Spader is amazing in his role. The lead actress is kind of meh/crappy but Spader makes up for it.
I am. I like it a lot. I liked the lead actress in the first two episodes and have hope for her, but she got really stupid in the 3rd episode. I don't blame her though I blame the writers. I want her to have a harder edge than your typical female lead in shows like this, and that is what I was getting from her until this latest episode. She got all soft when Reddington shot the one guy. Really dumb.

Quote:
**** James Spader.
Terrible post.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Damn it where is all the Sleepy Hallow talk?

Vidae... watch it cause I need someone to get on this bandwagon with me!
I was a big fan of the pilot. I thought it did a fine job of introducing the story and characters. It definitely hooked me but I was concerned how viable the series was on a long-term basis. Episode three was crazy but episode 4 was probably my least favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin. One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one. Awesome. Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
You watch and enjoy far worse television than Dexter.
Considering Dexter is the worst show that has come along in 10 years, you're wrong. The Walking Dead has better writing and acting.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to give Sleepy Hollow a chance but the female lead is super bland.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Sleepy Hollow and The Blacklist. I thought last week's Blacklist was kinda meh but I think this week was much better. Sleepy Hollow I've loved every week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I saw the pilot of Sleepy Hallow I thought to myself "If someone sat down and made a show for Cain... it would be this show."

Dark with little bits of humor, revisionist history of the Revolutionary War and the battle of good and evil. Yeah I am smitten.

I don't know how this show can have prolonged success but if they can go a few seasons at the level they have it will hold a place in one of my favorite shows.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with much of what has been said, Spader makes The Blacklist worth it. None of the other characters are remotely interesting to me. Even the subplot with her husband isn't enough to make me interested in the female lead.

For Sleepy Hollow, I think the chemistry between the two leads is great and the male lead is awesome. (Side note, still haven't gotten past the female lead's name being Abby Mills, anyone who watched Harper's Island knows what's up). As for the show, I was worried about its long-term viability but given how many demons/days they are supposed to have before Hell comes to Earth, I think they have plenty of content to work with. I'm liking Abby's sister so far. I also think all the references to historical events, texts, etc is really cool.

I really liked SHIELD last night. I am not sure how I feel about Skye yet but the scene after she gets out of the pool when she was running...mmmmm. I thought the show was somewhat interesting/okay when it used the technology from the movies (Tesseract, Extremis) but I really liked the Graviton origin story/episode. I thought that was really well done and I'd love other episodes like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Ain't no way in hell I got a cat brothel going on in my room and I'm the only normal person in this loft."
Old 10-09-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
"Ain't no way in hell I got a cat brothel going on in my room and I'm the only normal person in this loft."
Maybe some tabby's. Gets some black cats, some white cats. Ohh yea.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

On a side note. Watched Vikings... Katheryn Winnick may have jumped to the top of my list.

I think I would literally sell my soul for Lagertha.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
It's things like that that make me love Winston almost as much as Schmidt and Nick most days. New Girls is just too good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
On a side note. Watched Vikings... Katheryn Winnick may have jumped to the top of my list.

I think I would literally sell my soul for Lagertha.

Hey, hey I put dibs on her like 6 years ago when she appeared on an excellent episode of 'House.'