Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-26-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I loved True Detective I can't see Breaking Bad not winning. It was an incredible end to the show and absolutely deserves it.

Let's be real Brodeur, zero chance Hannibal is nominated. You know I love the show but it just won't get a nom. Orphan Black was decent but I stopped watching after a few episodes. It has momentum but I don't think it get's nommed. Orange is the New Black probably is nommed as a comedy and wins handily. Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, True Detective, and House of Cards will be the noms.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will campaign for Hannibal by eating members of the Academy. Also, this may be a product of too much Justified, but I start talking like Boyd whenever I get angry now. That could be a problem.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 03-26-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Season 1 of True Detective>Season 5 of Breaking Bad
False. Maybe you can make the case for the first half of Season 5, but not the latter half, which is what these Emmys are considering.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
False. Maybe you can make the case for the first half of Season 5, but not the latter half, which is what these Emmys are considering.
you can't consider just the latter half of a season. that's ********. so any show with a great first half and a mediocre second half (not BB just in general) deserves an award over a show that was great from start to finish?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you can't consider just the latter half of a season. that's ********. so any show with a great first half and a mediocre second half (not BB just in general) deserves an award over a show that was great from start to finish?
Personally I loved the first half of the season as well. Heightened realism. From what I understand because there was a year difference they are only judging the last half of the season.

Also the last 8 of Breaking Bad > the only 8 of True Detective and I loooooooved True Detective.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Personally I loved the first half of the season as well. Heightened realism. From what I understand because there was a year difference they are only judging the last half of the season.

Also the last 8 of Breaking Bad > the only 8 of True Detective and I loooooooved True Detective.
and don't get me wrong i'm not trying to downgrade BB in any way. fantastic show, but if shows know they have better material for the second half of a season or the first half whats stopping them from releasing one half a season a year just for awards?
Old 03-26-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely loved True Detective and was completely satisfied with the ending but there is no way it was as good as the last season of Breaking Bad IMO! Breaking Bad was just perfect to me.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brody as much as I'm with you on justified I think this season has been its weakest yet. No way it gets a nom.

As for TD and BB debate, I'm not entirely sure where I stand in regards to it. I loved both, and I never thought I'd say this but I think Rust was every bit as good of a character as White was. I know that sounds crazy but I liked him just as much in almost one season. Obviously White was far more developed than Rust was given the length of both series, but thats just my stance. BB is going to win being that it was its final season and went out just as good as it started (or close to at least). If there is an upset to BB, it will be TD however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Breaking Bad's last season was split in halves over the course of two years. It's nominated for the Emmys as separate parts, so apparently you can consider them separately.

Each half was the same length as the entirety of True Detective.

I don't see what you're objecting to ... all of Breaking Bad's fifth season was outstanding.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Rust is one of my all time favorite characters. He won't ever be quite on the level of Walter White because WW just had so much more time on screen still, Rust is an all time great character.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-26-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Yes Brodeur, I love Mads.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just realized he is the same guy from King Arthur!!!
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Just realized he is the same guy from King Arthur!!!
One of the recent James Bond movies too. Brody seems to really like him.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Breaking Bad's last season was split in halves over the course of two years. It's nominated for the Emmys as separate parts, so apparently you can consider them separately.

Each half was the same length as the entirety of True Detective.

I don't see what you're objecting to ... all of Breaking Bad's fifth season was outstanding.
agreed. just not better than TD
Old 03-26-2014, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You just like TD too much because Louisiana.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You just like TD too much because Louisiana.
I liked it because it had the best writing on TV and the best performances
Old 03-26-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TD v. Hannibal

just kidding, everyone wins
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 episodes into Hannibal : still waiting for it to become more than an above average show.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
5 episodes into Hannibal : still waiting for it to become more than an above average show.
Please be sure to post back when you catch up so we know where to align our expectations please and thank you.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
I don't care for your attitude right now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-27-2014, 08:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love TD and really not sure how you place it above BB. People forget just how perfect that show was.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone wants to buy me a present Don Drapers cigarette holder would be appreciated.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I love TD and really not sure how you place it above BB. People forget just how perfect that show was.
Yes, and longevity has to matter.

I think it's a lot easier to create 8 riveting episodes of TV (True Detective) than it is to cap off a lengthy series with 8 conclusive, thrilling, mesmerizing final episodes (Breaking Bad). The scrutiny and pressure BB was under to wrap it all up satisfyingly was immense. I don't think Emmy voters will be able to ignore those circumstances.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Plus has BB ever won best drama? If not than its all but guaranteed it wins this year.

Quote:
Quote: