Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-31-2014, 10:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a huge Breaking Bad fan. I think it's really good, but I just don't get excited about it like most people do. I just don't like having to suspend disbelief THAT much.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love The Wire but I think Breaking Bad barely edges it out.

And I don't think less of you for not liking The Wire, Justin.. I think less of you for being a Pats fan.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I love The Wire but I think Breaking Bad barely edges it out.

And I don't think less of you for not liking The Wire, Justin.. I think less of you for being a Pats fan.
Thats fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the wire last year on a binge watch and I feel like it is summed up like so.

Nothing happens....nothing happens.....nothing happens.....nothing happens....nothing happens....SOMETHING SUPER AMAZING HAPPENS! Nothing happens.....nothing happens.....nothing Happens....

It is what it is. A cop procedural in a saturated market of cop procedurals.

I enjoyed the show but could never consider it to be one of the best shows ever. I almost gave up on it during the First season. Season 2, despite being considered the worst season was one of the better seasons. I would probably rank them 4,2,3,5,1
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I watched the wire last year on a binge watch and I feel like it is summed up like so.

Nothing happens....nothing happens.....nothing happens.....nothing happens....nothing happens....SOMETHING SUPER AMAZING HAPPENS! Nothing happens.....nothing happens.....nothing Happens....

It is what it is. A cop procedural in a saturated market of cop procedurals.

I enjoyed the show but could never consider it to be one of the best shows ever. I almost gave up on it during the First season. Season 2, despite being considered the worst season was one of the better seasons. I would probably rank them 4,2,3,5,1
How is it a cop procedural? Season 4 is about the school system, season 5 is about a newspaper, season 2 is about a shipping yard...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His description of how the show went was spot on regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All these plebeians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you think nothing happens in The Wire, you're not grasping what you're watching. Yes, it's a police procedural at its core, but it's much more than that on the whole. I don't tend to care for police procedurals at all, but The Wire is just too good. And True Detective is simply amazing. I do think Season 1 of True Detective is the single best season of television, and if you consider it a miniseries (which it is) then it's the best of those as well.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:46 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't a procedural where they have one crime and they solve it and move on to the next crime the next episode? Am I taking crazy pills?

I'm going to watch The Wire again.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i never once thought of the wire as a cop show

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Isn't a procedural where they have one crime and they solve it and move on to the next crime the next episode? Am I taking crazy pills?

I'm going to watch The Wire again.
Yes people are getting the definition of "cop procedural" wrong Law and Order is a cop procedural criminal minds is a cop procedural. Psyche etc etc etc. The Wire is a serial cop drama more than anything.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:37 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Yes people are getting the definition of "cop procedural" wrong Law and Order is a cop procedural criminal minds is a cop procedural. Psyche etc etc etc. The Wire is a serial cop drama more than anything.
The Wire is a police procedural. It's got a lot more to it than a ****** Law & Order or the other trash people watch on network TV, but it fits the definition.

****, The Wire is even listed in the Wikipedia entry for Police Procedural.

Last edited by nepg : 08-03-2014 at 12:39 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:20 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Breaking Bad and I thought it was a great show, but honestly at a certain point I couldn't connect with Walt anymore and the show was less compelling for me. He became a villain and I didn't want to root for a villain.

Fantastic show but I don't personally enjoy it as much as some.

Also Law & Order is awesome. I finished watching every episode a few months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madam Secretary looks like the worst show I've ever seen in my life and thats only from previews.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm giving up on The Strain.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:08 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just tore through the first season of Brooklyn Nine Nine, I feel bad for dismissing it early on because of Andy Samberg.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:16 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I think I'm giving up on The Strain.
It did little to keep me going. Really I don't even know what TV is on right now that's worth watching. Just waiting it out until Franklin and Bash and Doctor Who come back in a few weeks.

Apparently Garfunkel and Oates have a show on IFC now. Seems like they would fit in there, hope it doesn't suck.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:31 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Halt and Catch Fire finale was underwhelming to say the least. Still a great show that I really hope gets picked up for a second season.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finale was not great. I also think it was a bit of a shame to not have Bosworth in the last couple episodes. The show was okay, wouldn't mind seeing where they go from there, but if it doesn't happen (as seems to be the expectation) then I won't be too upset. Just hope to see all the actors working again soon, which shouldn't be a problem. Really enjoyed Bishe in the show. And I have to admit that I kept hearing a little Joe McMillan in Ronan the Accuser.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:51 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want to go catch a taping of the Maury Show.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:23 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Finale was not great. I also think it was a bit of a shame to not have Bosworth in the last couple episodes. The show was okay, wouldn't mind seeing where they go from there, but if it doesn't happen (as seems to be the expectation) then I won't be too upset. Just hope to see all the actors working again soon, which shouldn't be a problem. Really enjoyed Bishe in the show. And I have to admit that I kept hearing a little Joe McMillan in Ronan the Accuser.
The last episode messed with the status quo too much in my opinion. Joe spiraled out of control too fast, Gordon adapted to well and then the whole Cameron side project seemed cool but forced. I can see that they would want to split everything off for the second season and that led up to it but it was just poorly executed.

What I still think they should have done was create a fictional world where with real life tie ins instead of attempting to live in history while adding in a fictional story. That way they can still experience the same things (like with the Mac) but we don't already know what is going to happen.

All in all I enjoyed the show. The finale was the second worst episode after the third episode and the ratings just seemed to dwindle week after week. Hopefully their is another season if not to just see what they can do with a second season.

I still hold out hope that if TURN can get another... this should be able to as well.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Glad I've stuck with Tyrant. It's really good.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another awesome episode of Nathan for You. I think I've been laughing out loud every second that the Bill Gates impersonator has been on screen this season.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved that he tagged the guy as Bill Gates on Facebook.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching a bit of Rick and Morty. This is quite hilarious.