Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-09-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
just wait till she meets me!
meeting and kidnapping are not the same thing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

she meets me first then i kidnap duhhh

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Just watched the new episode of Prison break. I hadnt watched the show for awhile and now im glad. The most ridiculous unbelievable things happened that could never make sense.
i would disagree
prison break has been crazy this year.... starting in the middle probably wont make sense... ive really enjoyed this season

though ive yet to watch yesterdays episode

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Just finished yesterdays chuck and it was another really good episode. It's not going to blow your mind and it's not as retardedly unbelievable as most of the fox shows involving government agencies, but there's just something sweet about it and they execute it really well. Only character I really don't enjoy is Bryce Larkin and even he's not bad, just not a character I really care for.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Just finished yesterdays chuck and it was another really good episode. It's not going to blow your mind and it's not as retardedly unbelievable as most of the fox shows involving government agencies, but there's just something sweet about it and they execute it really well. Only character I really don't enjoy is Bryce Larkin and even he's not bad, just not a character I really care for.
Chuck is one of my favorite shows now. It is simply enjoyable to watch. Like you said there is nothing that will be mind blowing but it is funny and all the characters are enjoyable, especially captain awesome.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law fans?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Ha Ha.........fans.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well yes Brent yes!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:51 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dexter season finale was alright. I liked the third season, but I am curious as to where they will take the 4th season. I know they are signed up for a 4th and 5th season, so we will have to see. But overall, it was a good season, and I enjoyed it. Didnt quite keep me enthralled like the first two, but still, I love the show.

and Californication had a great end too. Really enjoyed it, third season should be awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Smith on Battlestar Galactica (Small amounts of spoilers - well, not really. Just the premise.)

Its from a while back yes, but I just now read it, so shush.

Quote:
At this point in my life, there’s only one show in the world that’d make me leave the Elysium comforts of my bedroom and venture out into the world to attend a panel I’m not a part of, as an audience member.

That show is the ever-genius new version of “Battlestar Galactica”.

The Museum of Television and Radio holds the William S. Palley TV Festival every year, in which well-regarded shows have screenings of unaired episodes, then assemble the cast and crew for moderated chats before opening up the floor to questions. Since the MTR is in Beverly Hills, Jen and I head over earlier than the scheduled start of the panel so we can kill two birds with one stone and pop into Tiffany to grab some gifts for Gail and a few other folks while we’re in the neighborhood. With time to spare, we shoot over to the MTR only to discover that this year, the Palley fest is being held at the cushy DGA Theater, in their building on Sunset (next door to the Griddle), very close to our home.

We race back to Hollywood and get into the theater with two minutes to spare. The crowd in attendance looks like the same folks who show up for my Q&A’s at colleges and ComiCons, which results in much “Hey, Kevin Smith” and “Can’t wait for ‘Clerks II’”-type shout-outs. My cell phone vibrates and I see Dave Mandel’s name show up. I answer it, looking around the room, immediately asking “Don’t tell me you’re here too.” Dave tells me to look to my left, and I spot him across the theater, smiling and waving. I tell him we have no life, then settle in for the start of the program.

This v.2 of “Battlestar Galactica” is so insanely amazing, I’m sometimes flummoxed watching it. When I started seeing billboards around town advertising the show when it debuted, I remember thinking “Wow. Why?” The OG “B-Star-G” (as we’ve taken to calling it around the house) was a fun piece of disposable youth cheese that, even as a ‘70’s pre-teen, was easy to recognize for what it was: a “Star Wars” rip-off. Granted, I had a Colonial Viper and a Cylon Raider as a kid; but my Mother bought them for me from the sale rack at the now-defunct Two Guys store, where each set her back less than a buck. Compared to the hundreds (maybe thousands) she and my Father spent on Kenner’s “Star Wars” line of action figures and accessories for me over the years, the two bits she dropped on “Galactica” crap probably made her wish I was a bigger fan of Starbuck than Han Solo.

The notion of an updated “Galactica” was about as far off my radar as an Amanda Bynes picture (which, in name-checking, I realize reveals an actual near-proximity of said flick to my radar; damn you, Harley). And the fact that none of the advertising I’d seen depicted any Cylons (always the most interesting part of the show, if for no other reasons than their pong-like red “eyes” and their “Funky Town” voice patterns) didn’t help matters much.

It wasn’t until we were in pre-production on “Clerks II”, and Tony, our A.D., started waxing rhapsodically about the show during a location scout that I even remembered it existed. Based on his fervent recommendation, I picked up the Season One box set when it came out, during a later visit to Laser Blazer. But even when Season Two made its DVD appearance, neither box set had emerged from their wrappers until two days after Christmas, when the cold-turkeying Schwalbach, detoxing from a suddenly abandoned three-pack-a-day cigarette habit, was sacked-out in bed, barely able to move, asking what we were gonna watch next.

We’d gone through all our Academy screeners, and – surrounded by a banquet of nicotine-replacing junk food – my miserable-from-missing-smokes wife was looking for something to take her mind off lighting up.

“I just read in Time magazine’s year-end issue that the new ‘Battlestar Galactica’ was their favorite show.” I offered.

Weakly, she countered “There was an old ‘Battle-thing Whatever?”

After a brief explanation of “Battlestar” Classic, Jen’s already withering glares – those glares that come from someone who’s forsaking the only true indulgence they feel makes them whole – morphed into that old favorite blank expression of mine; the one that I’ve been at the receiving end of many times throughout our marriage, when my wife, with a look, communicates utter disbelief and near disgust as I reveal a familiarity with something far more geeky than I should know/enjoy. I call it the “I Can’t Believe I Let Someone Like You Stick His **** In Me” look.

Still, in her weakened, non-nicotine fueled state, she was in no condition to offer alternative suggestions on what to view. She moaned “Let’s try it.”

The V.2 “Battlestar Galactica” kicks off with a killer mini-series event that sees the civilizations of the Colonies all-but completely annihilated by a new breed of Cylons – Cylons that, instead of clunky, faux-metal fourth-rate Stormtrooper proxies, are now human in appearance (and some even super-human, if you count Six – the Cylon babe who wouldn’t look out of place at the Playboy Grotto).

Adama, keeper of the about-to-be-mothballed Galactica looks less like the dude from “Bonanza” and more like the dude from “American Me”. Starbuck has joined the distaff and is now a chick (depicted as a dickless dude). Boomer went from being a black dude to an Asian woman. The evil Balthar is now a somewhat hapless agent in the humanity’s destruction who carries on a constant conversation with the Cylon babe in his head. And the leader of the 50,000 remaining humans in the not-so-free world is the only surviving member of the Presidential cabinet – the Secretary of Education who was something like 20th in the line of succession.

Without changing much of the original “Galactica” premise, the creators and folks involved with the show have done the equivalent of taking a covered wagon and creating a BMW from the design: it still takes you from place to place, but now it does so while keeping you safe from the elements, getting you there quicker, warming your ass with heated, leather seats, and bathing your ears in audio delights from an iPod-friendly sound-system. With the mini-series alone, these people managed to not simply just teach an old dog new tricks; they taught that ***** to speak, travel to alternate dimensions, fold space, and cure cancer.

How was this accomplished? How did the new “B-Star G” peeps spin straw into gold? How did they make the human beings as interesting (if not more so) than the ******* Cylons? Like all great art, they simply held a mirror up to our culture. “Galactica” V.2 is an allegory for 9/11 and the War on Terror viewed from both sides. It offers a far more complex view of two opposite ideologies in juxtaposition to one another, presenting neither side as particularly evil – just terrifying. Extremely well done Science Fiction has always been most powerfully effective when it lays out humanity naked and shows us ourselves, warts and all. Whether it’s “Planet of the Apes”, “Star Trek”, or almost anything by Phillip K. Dick, the best sci-fi isn’t simply laser-beam driven shoot-‘em-ups between good guys and bad guys; it’s the abyss we look into and see someone awfully, sometimes painfully familiar looking back from. There will always be a place in Science Fiction for the Joseph Campbell-described archetypical hero’s journey of the “Star Wars” saga, but what Sci-Fi does best is allow the author to comment on what it’s like to be a human being – the shame, the miracle, the sacrifice, the desire, the grand heights, and the abject lows. And if an author can accomplish this in stealth mode – be entertaining while not calling attention to his or her loftier goals – so much the better.

And ****, does “B-Star G” entertain. Jen and I were so gripped, we went through two box sets in two days. Would-be Sci-Fi (or just excellent television) creators take note: if you want to seduce a female audience (so that Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Cons aren’t just massive sausage parties), include strong, interesting, and indispensable female characters. I can’t say “B-Star G” made my wife kick the habit, but nestled in the bosom of this wonderful show, my wife forgot about her self-imposed smoking moratorium for a long enough period of time that the initial detoxing transition wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been (i.e., she stopped yelling at and cursing me for introducing her to smoking). While the wife may be a massive Starbuck fan, I dare say that President Laura Roslin is the most interesting character in a show that has no weak links. Neither a figure of Clinton-ian valor or GDub-ian misguidance, Laura Roslin is a President we’d all be lucky to elect, and a sad reminder that the best-and-yet-heretofore-dismissed candidate to lead this nation would probably be a person born with the biology to create, carry and nurture life.

If you haven’t seen this show yet, throw together a few sheckles, set aside a few hours, and get your hands on the dvd box sets. A better use of your time-wasting I can’t imagine. I mean, my affection for this program actually inspired me to go to a ******* panel and sit in the audience like every other fanboy and fangirl, gawking dopily at the cast and crew behind its creation.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

Last edited by comahan : 12-18-2008 at 09:24 AM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the first episode of Dexter. 50 minute episodes are ridiculous. It took me about 3 days to finish it (cause I have been actually doing things this break. I would go through it more quickly during the school year).

It is definitely intriguing.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I watched the first episode of Dexter. 50 minute episodes are ridiculous. It took me about 3 days to finish it (cause I have been actually doing things this break. I would go through it more quickly during the school year).

It is definitely intriguing.
I know people who complained the first few episodes were a little slow. Trust me, once it gets into the swing of things, you wont be able to stop watching.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this in the "The Office" thread, but I figured I'd put it here too. News is the SAG may go on strike, delaying all Spring seasons. The vote is coming up soon, so nothing is set in stone.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I know people who complained the first few episodes were a little slow. Trust me, once it gets into the swing of things, you wont be able to stop watching.
Half the reason I am watching this is because you said it was your favorite show, over AD. To think that someone would like this show over Arrested Development was so absurd that I figured that even if it wasn't better, it would still be very good.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Dexter season finale was alright. I liked the third season, but I am curious as to where they will take the 4th season. I know they are signed up for a 4th and 5th season, so we will have to see. But overall, it was a good season, and I enjoyed it. Didnt quite keep me enthralled like the first two, but still, I love the show.

and Californication had a great end too. Really enjoyed it, third season should be awesome.
I think they've made it clear that at least one of the main story lines next season will be Deb getting closer and closer to finding out what Dexter is. She'll eventually make the connection between Harry and Laura, Laura and Brian, Brian and Dexter, and from there, who knows?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 12-20-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm not sure if it's only me but the character Gregory House seems to be too similar to Dr. Cox.Though I have only seen about 4 episode of House so maybe I'm wrong?

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman D View Post
I'm not sure if it's only me but the character Gregory House seems to be too similar to Dr. Cox.Though I have only seen about 4 episode of House so maybe I'm wrong?
I am big fan of each show and no I don't think so. House and Dr. Cox are egomaniacs but House is much more clever, more conniving, and just a fuller character. That's because he is really in a drama. House> Dr. Cox. I think they came around the same year too so its not a copying type situation.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I am big fan of each show and no I don't think so. House and Dr. Cox are egomaniacs but House is much more clever, more conniving, and just a fuller character. That's because he is really in a drama. House> Dr. Cox. I think they came around the same year too so its not a copying type situation.
Scrubs came out in '01
House came out in '04
Old 12-20-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Chuck is one of my favorite shows now. It is simply enjoyable to watch. Like you said there is nothing that will be mind blowing but it is funny and all the characters are enjoyable, especially captain awesome.
i love chuck
its just a very enjoyable show to watch
and sarah walker is very good looking... just gotta fix her teeth

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone watched the show "Whose Line is it Anyway?" Its a really funny show if you ask me. Here is one of the games they play.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4vhy55...eature=related
Old 12-22-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Scrubs came out in '01
House came out in '04

I'm a fan of both. Dr. Cox adds so much to Scrubs in more ways than just a few laughs. He's a semi-alcoholic/egomaniac but is a good guy on the whole.

House though is brilliant. The show I mean, the actor plays him so well and the writers have come up with some great story lines.

Anyways, I just got season 1 and 2 of It's Always Sunny in Philly along with Season 3 and 4 of The Office ---->>> Add that to my Arrested Development collection, and YIKES I think it's time for a couple marathon's. Being on break from school for a month I can think of nothing I want to do more than Veg.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Has anyone watched the show "Whose Line is it Anyway?" Its a really funny show if you ask me. Here is one of the games they play.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4vhy55...eature=related
Back when that show was coming out with new episodes, I can admit to bursting out into tears occasionally...hilarious (with Drew Carrey)
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have decided that Friday Night Lights is probably one of the best, if not the best show on TV. I own season one, and two and have been watching them over the break, and then watching season 3 online....just an awesome show. I had always had Heroes at #1, but FNL is just so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I have decided that Friday Night Lights is probably one of the best, if not the best show on TV. I own season one, and two and have been watching them over the break, and then watching season 3 online....just an awesome show. I had always had Heroes at #1, but FNL is just so good.
There are many shows which are much better then Friday Night Lights on TV, trust me...

On that note, I have been re-watching Six Feet Under from the beginning, and it is without doubt the best overall show I have ever watched. Its dark, gripping, hilarious, and incredibly acted. Michael C Hall fans should watch it to see Dexter before he was Dexter, and the other actors in the show are all fantastic. Maybe its just me because its my kind of show, dark comedy, but I can honestly say its the best show I have ever watched.
Quote:
Old 01-02-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought the first 3 seasons of X-Files which I haven't seen in a while and can't stop watching it. Any other X-File fans?

Also this Jan. is going to be awesome. New Scrubs and Lost!

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote