Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-16-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I just want to know why they brought a RB over from Dillon when the main player they are focusing on is the current RB.
WALLACE isn't necessarily a running back.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A nice one-two punch at RB maybe? Maybe move Vince to QB or WR or a defensive position? Didn't make much sense to me either but I'm sure it'll be explained.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I just want to know why they brought a RB over from Dillon when the main player they are focusing on is the current RB.
As soon as I found out season 4 was online, I broke down and watched al 13 episodes. It gets worked out. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say this.

Landry has become the man and a really underrated actor at that. I hope JD McCroy gets run over by a truck. If I was put up for adoption, I would actively seek out Coach Taylor as my new father. And Riggings has probably become my favorite character from the show. Friday Night Lights is so, so good. I wish it got better treatment from NBC and audiences(#'s).

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It makes sense since they're really confident in their new freshman programming. It sucks as a Chuck fan, because you'd like to see it in a timeslot where it can grow, but it makes sense from the networks standpoint.
Sad, but true. Atleast it's coming back for another 13 weeks.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Sad, but true. Atleast it's coming back for another 13 weeks.
Here is how I see it playing out:

The Event becomes a new flagship show for NBC with the departure of 24 from the air and Chase bombs. They bring The Cape as a midseason replacement for Chase and order an additional 9 (and final 9) episodes of Chuck and end the show that way.

As far as Friday Night Lights goes, it's hard to have a show named that and not air it on Friday, and people just don't watch TV that night. I don't think NBC EXPECTED anything super huge in that timeslot (who can?) and the fact that it's coming back for another (and final I think?) season is pretty cool at least to wrap it up or something. It really is an underrated show though.

As far as ratings go, if you look at the normal Friday night totals, I think 1.7/1.8 is out of this world and they did 1.3 last week. The highest rated show in their timeslot was Ghost Whisperer at 1.5, so it isn't like they're doing that bad in that slot anyway.

Last edited by vidae : 05-16-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little late but I wanted to agree with the sentiments of Peefs a few pages ago. Fringe has become epic. Really loving where it has come over the past season.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep thinking Futurama is starting earlier than it actually is. Agh. At least Burn Notice isn't too far away.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

More from Alan Sepinwall regarding NBC's fall schedule. He breaks down each night, and adds to the sham of pushing Parks and Rec to midseason. Not great news about Chuck though.

On Chuck:
Quote:
On the one hand, I agree with Fienberg that it would be nice to see Chuck air in a different timeslot and/or have a lead-in for once, and so flipping it and "The Event" around might not have been so terrible. On the other, based on the season three ratings for "Chuck" and the huge number of shows greenlit for next year, my guess is that NBC views next year as the end of the line for the Buy More gang, and considers it a schedule placeholder they don't have to heavily promote, since the "Chuck" audience appears to be the "Chuck" audience.
On Parks and Rec:
Quote:
"Parks and Recreation" (which happens to be NBC's best comedy, and probably the best comedy on TV, period) didn't take a production hiatus between seasons 2 and 3 so that the series could come back in the fall even with star Amy Poehler's pregnancy...

...and is being rewarded for that dedication by being held for mid-season.

"That was one of the toughest decisions we had to make," said Gaspin. "Ultimately, we wanted to get new comedy on our schedule... What we will do is put five or six comedies in the two-hour block, and we expect that 'Parks and Recreation' will be back on the schedule on Thursday. It's not in any way an indiciation that we don't think it's as good as the other comedies. We think it's a terrific comedy, and we did put two new castmembers" - Adam Scott and Rob Lowe - "in as a way to give the audience a new entry point. But we have seen time and time again on cable and see you can wait as much as a year and actually create more anticipation for a series and not lose momentum."
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...-jay-leno-show

Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

season 3 of Psych > season 4 of Psych

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Once again the ****ing Survivor jury vote based on their fragile feelings, and reward $1 million dollars to the least deserving. A great season, completely wasted...It's getting old.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
season 3 of Psych > season 4 of Psych
Agreed. My two favorite seasons are 2 and 3. Then probably 4 with 1 close behind. All of them are still quality, though.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Once again the ****ing Survivor jury vote based on their fragile feelings, and reward $1 million dollars to the least deserving. A great season, completely wasted...It's getting old.
If you fail at keeping the future members of the jury happy, you fail at really playing a great game. It's just another part of the strategy.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
If you fail at keeping the future members of the jury happy, you fail at really playing a great game. It's just another part of the strategy.
I would usually agree with that, but not in this case. It's denial on their part. They refuse to believe that they were duped, out played and fooled, so they reward the player who least offended them.

Russel can't be considered the best player, because he lies too much and pisses off everyone. But still, both he and Parvati vastly out rank Sandra. I cannot think of a single move she made during the season worth remembering. She claims it's strategy to suck ass in challenges? Give me a break.

Rupert's stone-faced-"You are an evil human being"-tangent towards Russel at the tribal council right before the live finale was a complete joke. He's a dufus. It's sums the entire jury perfectly. I'm going way too far here, but it's just kind of frustrating to watch it all unfold to come to an anti-climactic end like that.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 05-16-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stopped watching Survivor after Richard beat the Kelly chick despite the fact that she won every single immunity challenge, while Richard was extremely useless. That's all I remember.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I stopped watching Survivor after Richard beat the Kelly chick despite the fact that she won every single immunity challenge, while Richard was extremely useless. That's all I remember.
Come on. Richard was mister fisherman and the most intelligent person on a borderline ******** cast.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia is coming to comedy central!

So legit, it is no Entourage but it is pretty funny... and random.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
it is no Entourage but it is pretty funny
You're right, it's 10 times better than Entourage.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I agree with this notion.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Entourage is one of those shows where it seems like the writing has gotten lazy. They become a hit, the actors all stick around, and they just throw out a show that is "meh" because they know people will keep watching. But it's not nearly as good as it could be.

I'm still a fan though. As long as Johnny Drama sticks around, I don't think there's anyway I can quit watching. "There's nothing wrong with a Razzie."

Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No such thing as a bad season of Psych.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regarding House season finale..

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Regarding House season finale..

I may now say House has now officially jumped the shark. I agreed with your analysis.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Just read this article about the new **** My Dad Says show CBS picked up for the fall. What are the chances this lasts more than a season, or is funny at all?

I think casting Shatner has the "Dad" was a mistake, but I think it's destined to fail regardless. I honestly think there is the possibility of Cavemen bad...Hopefully not.

http://gawker.com/5541872/the-****-m...up-to-its-name

Old 05-18-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

House finale was really good.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The CW picked up nothing that looks interesting and neither did ABC except for No Ordinary Family. The only network (so far) that has picked up anything cool looking is NBC. They have a couple shows I'm really interested in:

The Cape
The Event
Undercovers

All those three sound awesome.