Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-26-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
The Office is on my Netflix and I have never seen it before. Is it worth watching?
Are you kidding? Yes, a million times over.

Just keep in mind that season one starts a little show. Season 2 is the pinnacle of the show. And it remains really good for a long time after that.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Are you kidding? Yes, a million times over.

Just keep in mind that season one starts a little show. Season 2 is the pinnacle of the show. And it remains really good for a long time after that.
Understatement. I would argue that it's pretty bad minus the Jim-Dwight scenes.
I thought season 1 was okay and my wife thought it was terrible.
Up to date on every season, my wife and I love the show. Just gotta get past that first one.
At the very least, it lets you get familiar with the characters and the basic fundamental plot of the show

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The second and third seasons of The Office are really good. I'd definitely give it a watch through.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Office does start a little slow but the second episode, "Diversity Day" is hilarious. It's one of my all time favorites of the series.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If you can stomach Steve Carrell, its definitely worth it. The rest of the cast is terrific, but I despise Michael Scott as a character. He actually ruins the show for me.
He's doing his job if that is how you feel.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Understatement. I would argue that it's pretty bad minus the Jim-Dwight scenes.
I thought season 1 was okay and my wife thought it was terrible.
Up to date on every season, my wife and I love the show. Just gotta get past that first one.
At the very least, it lets you get familiar with the characters and the basic fundamental plot of the show
Not an understatement. Diversity Day and Basketball are classic episodes. Keep in mind the pilot was a shot for shot remake of the British pilot. I don't even count that episode.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that those two episodes were pretty good but if I just look back at season 1 as a whole, I tend to lean toward "disappointing".
So to me, being pretty slow is an understatement. It was like watching paint dry at times. Not the entire time but at times.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the first season is pretty bad. Michael Scott isn't funny at all to me in the first couple episodes. He is less stupid/clueless and more of just a dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Watched the first two Breaking Bad Season 3 discs pretty fast. Now waiting for disc 3.
In the mean time, I'm streaming "Harper's Island"... a murder mystery mini series.
Kind of like The Killing (concept wise with no detectives) except you find out who the killer is... I hope

Old 06-26-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harper's Island is hilariously bad and entertaining. I love the **** out of it for being so stupid. You do find out who the killer is in the second to last episode, and it's really really obvious by then.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nice. Exactly what I was looking for. You could tell it was going to be cheesy 5 mins into it and I was completely okay with it lol

Old 06-26-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He's doing his job if that is how you feel.
There's a huge differential in a character being an asshole and still being funny and just being annoying. It probably doesn't help that I'm not big on Carrell's "Act awkward and yell" style of comedy in the first place, but he just has so few redeeming qualities on The Office that I find the character is the one huge detraction from the rest of the absolutely stellar cast. Creed might very well be one of the best characters on TV though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Not an understatement. Diversity Day and Basketball are classic episodes. Keep in mind the pilot was a shot for shot remake of the British pilot. I don't even count that episode.
Yeah, the pilot was miserable. I pretty much only liked the jello scenes.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 06-26-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I agree that those two episodes were pretty good but if I just look back at season 1 as a whole, I tend to lean toward "disappointing".
So to me, being pretty slow is an understatement. It was like watching paint dry at times. Not the entire time but at times.
Season One had yet to flesh out any supporting characters. With just 6 episodes, it would have been difficult to begin any sort of significant plot narrative.

I'm not disagreeing that it was subpar, just saying Hines shouldn't skip it or anything. Season 2 was brilliant.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Oh, I agree. He definitely should not skip season 1.
Boring but were the foundation for the upcoming greatness

Old 06-27-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Suits yesterday and it was pretty entertaining. USA has a formula for these shows now it works on me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Suits as well. I heard the second episode wasn't as good, but I like the characters well enough so I'll tune in.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the only episode so far was the premier?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

On TV yeah, but critics usually get 2-3 episodes as part of a "teaser" package and I read from a critic that the second episode isn't nearly as good as the first one.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is so much overall terribleness in True Blood that I'm not sure how much longer the good parts can cancel it out.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
There is so much overall terribleness in True Blood that I'm not sure how much longer the good parts can cancel it out.
Exactly what I came in here to post. The show is getting continually worse and I can already see this season is going to be plagued by another TERRIBLE Tara storyline. Wow. A lesbian cage fighter in New Orleans? Who thinks of this ****?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If you can stomach Steve Carrell, its definitely worth it. The rest of the cast is terrific, but I despise Michael Scott as a character. He actually ruins the show for me.

wow, don't listen to this guy

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Michael has a few individual moments in which I think the writers took the character too far, but they are few and between.

His character evolves over time.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so i started watching this show called 'the wire'. anyway, i just finished the fourth season and am starting to think that this show is kinda really, really ridiculously good.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
so i started watching this show called 'the wire'. anyway, i just finished the fourth season and am starting to think that this show is kinda really, really ridiculously good.
Hmm never heard of it.. maybe I'll check it out. :D