Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-07-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remind me, did season 2 start off with Leslie heading out to a park to stop kids from throwing poop at each other? I remember heading into that episode that I didn't even know why I was watching this again. Then suddenly it got really funny.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The s2 premiere is the one where she marries two *** penguins, I think. It might be the same episode though, I can't remember.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I got American Horror Story on DVR but I'm undecided if I'm going to watch it.
I watched it and I'm not really sure how I feel about lol. I will give it another week tho.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I watched it and I'm not really sure how I feel about lol. I will give it another week tho.
Agreed. It wasn't.. bad.. it was just really ******* weird. I'll give it another week but I dunno what to think about it.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I was the only here to constantly defend Parks during Season 1. Everyone said it was a terrible show and wanted it cancelled but I saw a glimmer of hope.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think I was the only here to constantly defend Parks during Season 1. Everyone said it was a terrible show and wanted it cancelled but I saw a glimmer of hope.
To be fair, it was a terrible show in s1 but I don't ever remember wanting it to be canceled, I just wanted it to not suck.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As someone who just watched all of Parks and Rec in succession and it's still fresh, Season 1 is downright terrible. Vidae harassed me into continuing, and I'm very glad, but I wouldn't fault anyone for quitting in Season 1. It was pretty awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong I didn't think it was good but I don't know I just saw something there that I thought it could work. Ansari really was the only one who kept me going and then Swanson started to get into his character by the end. Poehler was downright terrible so I'm glad they totally redid her character. Anyway I'm just glad that it's amazing now. I think I might take Ron's advice on people who are too chummy with me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-07-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Shiva Bowl Shuffle was also excellent last night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-07-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I didn't think it was good but I don't know I just saw something there that I thought it could work. Ansari really was the only one who kept me going and then Swanson started to get into his character by the end. Poehler was downright terrible so I'm glad they totally redid her character. Anyway I'm just glad that it's amazing now. I think I might take Ron's advice on people who are too chummy with me.
I completely agree Steve.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you, DHVF and Wingboy, about Ron's advice. See what I did there :wink.

"Stranded on a deserted island, what do you take with you?"
"Silence!"

I'm Ron ******* Swanson!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was one of the few who was with Community early on, so I have that going for me. I should have had more faith in Parks and Rec considering Schur, but I was stupid and Amy Poehler's character was a disaster. Changing her from oblivious idiot to pretty intelligent and devoted and Andy from giant dickhead to lovable idiot were the best decisions possible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I was one of the few who was with Community early on, so I have that going for me. I should have had more faith in Parks and Rec considering Schur, but I was stupid and Amy Poehler's character was a disaster. Changing her from oblivious idiot to pretty intelligent and devoted and Andy from giant dickhead to lovable idiot were the best decisions possible.
Agreed. I loved Community from episode one but I totes didn't have the same confidence in Parks, and I'm willing to admit it. It's incredible the turnaround from season 1 to season 2.. it's a completely different show.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've not seen any of season 1 (or 2 unfortunately) of Parks and Rec. Loved season 3 though, and season 4 has been great so far.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I've not seen any of season 1 (or 2 unfortunately) of Parks and Rec. Loved season 3 though, and season 4 has been great so far.
Season 2 was really good and I think every P&R fan should be forced to watch season 1 just so they can really appreciate how good it is now.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Season 2 was really good and I think every P&R fan should be forced to watch season 1 just so they can really appreciate how good it is now.
It's like freshman hazing. Just deal with it and it'll get way better once it's over.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-07-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of shows have rather weak first seasons in comparison to the rest of their runs. Buffy, Angel, first half of Dollhouse season 1 (hmm there's a pattern here), Fringe, Seinfeld, The Office, Breaking Bad (it's still really damn good but seasons 2-4 are considerably better), Chuck, The Simpsons, South Park, Supernatural, and Parks and Rec. Sometimes a show needs time to hit a groove.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-07-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not that I don't want to see them. I just don't have Netflix.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Tom sung "...I'm trying to find words to decsribe this girl without being disrespectful" to Joan I lol'd. Hilarious.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A lot of shows have rather weak first seasons in comparison to the rest of their runs. Buffy, Angel, first half of Dollhouse season 1 (hmm there's a pattern here), Fringe, Seinfeld, The Office, Breaking Bad (it's still really damn good but seasons 2-4 are considerably better), Chuck, The Simpsons, South Park, Supernatural, and Parks and Rec. Sometimes a show needs time to hit a groove.
Breaking Bad has degenerated significantly since the first season, imo. Just about all of the characters aside from Hank have become less and less likeable.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Breaking Bad has degenerated significantly since the first season, imo. Just about all of the characters aside from Hank have become less and less likeable.
That's more or less the point of the show, except Jesse is probably considerably more likable now than he used to be.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-07-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IASIP and The League were both great last night. Just getting to Community and Parks and Rec now.

Also, I disagree heavily about Breaking Bad. I watched Season 1 and was less then impressed, especially after all the hype. It moved very slowly right up until the end of Season 1. I'm halfway through Season 3 right now and it's gotten significantly better IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Breaking Bad went from a good to great show (in season 1) to the best show on television now.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Agree completely. I liked Community from Day 1 and I believe it was pretty loved by most on here. Anyway the ratings are still under a 2 which sucks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-07-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yeah, lots of people liked Community from the start. No "I got in on the ground floor" posts necessary.

My new sig is awesome.

i done stole dis sig