Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-16-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prison Break had a nice ending.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished up The Wire today. Definitely the best TV show I've ever watched. It was just awesome in every way.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I just finished up The Wire today. Definitely the best TV show I've ever watched. It was just awesome in every way.
Favorite Characters

1. Omar
2. The Bunk
3. Stringer Bell
4. McNulty
5. Brother Mouzone
6. Chris Partlow
7. Snoop
8. Prop Joe
9. Jay
10. Bubbles

Honorable Mentions: Stan Valcheck, Avon Barksdale, D'Angelo Barksdale, Bodie

Might be forgetting some. I just cannot get over the greatness of this show. I'm going to miss it.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one that immediately changes the channel on SNL when I realize Kristen Wiig is the focal point of the sketch?

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Am I the only one that immediately changes the channel on SNL when I realize Kristen Wiig is the focal point of the sketch?
Wow, read my mind.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Prison Break had a nice ending.
Is that show still good? I stopped watching halfway through the second season...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Is that show still good? I stopped watching halfway through the second season...
It was alright...that was the series finale I was talking about.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:

Last edited by The Unseen : 05-17-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any one else excited for True Blood to start up again?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
I actually like her for the most part....but some of her skits can get insanely repetitive.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yet another Sunday night of Breaking Bad... I saw a preview last night, and it ended with the screen going dark and Jesse yelling "I don't want to die!"

There is no way to describe a show like thise except for 1. My 50 year old mom who is a christian, conservative, and HGTV/Oprah lover is addicted to this show. She said to me, "I feel like I'm sinning just watching this show, but I love it".

Exactly.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prison Break series finale was great. season one was by far the best but i really liked season 4, it was a great way to end the show.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Yet another Sunday night of Breaking Bad... I saw a preview last night, and it ended with the screen going dark and Jesse yelling "I don't want to die!"

There is no way to describe a show like thise except for 1. My 50 year old mom who is a christian, conservative, and HGTV/Oprah lover is addicted to this show. She said to me, "I feel like I'm sinning just watching this show, but I love it".

Exactly.
Funny because I can't get my liberal mom to watch it because she can't support a show that has to do with meth because it kills people she says or some ******** like that

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Funny because I can't get my liberal mom to watch it because she can't support a show that has to do with meth because it kills people she says or some ******** like that
Easy solution: don't tell your parents you watch it.

muahaha

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-17-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Easy solution: don't tell your parents you watch it.

muahaha
I don't live with them so it's no big deal. I thought she would like it and she immediately shot it down with the mention of crystal meth. She's an admitted Cranston fan too

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
any one else excited for True Blood to start up again?
Hell yeah, that show is crazy good( so is Anne Paquin). When does the season start off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

GOOD NEWS.. Chuck's renewed for 13 episodes. I guess the budget will be cut and what I read said it might be a Scrubs type thing, where characters "go missing" for an episode or 2.

Still, fantastic news.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Walter = evil maniacal bastard. Love it.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-18-2009, 03:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
GOOD NEWS.. Chuck's renewed for 13 episodes. I guess the budget will be cut and what I read said it might be a Scrubs type thing, where characters "go missing" for an episode or 2.

Still, fantastic news.
Was just about to post it. NBC made it official, it is back for 13 episodes and possibly another 9 back ordered, depending on how it does. Speculation as to when it'll be on but they've already said that they're pairing up a new drama to go along with Heroes in the Monday time slot, so here is to hoping that in a new night (not dominated by Fox and CBS) they can find new life.

I don't even care what night it's on, I'm just glad we get another season. I doubt you'll see any characters removed completely, but I could see an episode or two without Jeffster or Anna etc.

And if this doesn't work out, I guess I'll have to go buy two footlong subs. :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray! More Chuck. I'm actually kind of glad it's only 13 episodes to start. That means less filler in the end. But as long as I get some more Yvonne Strahovski and Sarah Lancaster, I'm good. :D
Old 05-18-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very surprised but happy that Dollhouse got renewed.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I am very surprised but happy that Dollhouse got renewed.
I was too. From what I was reading, Whedon shows are extremely profitable. I'm not sure how true it was, but it was apparently from a "source in the know" so take that for whatever its worth.

I'm just happy that we get a second season of this since we didn't get a second of Firefly.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

I can't wait until Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm come back. I just read on his blog that Steve Nash is going to have a cameo on Entourage this season and the Seinfeld cast reunion on Curb is going to be epic.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It may be one of television's highest-rated shows, even after seven seasons, but CBS's Without a Trace reportedly costs $3 million an episode and sometimes even exceeds that amount with episodes like one filmed in post-Katrina New Orleans with one of the stars paddling through flood waters. And with advertisers retrenching, networks regularly reporting quarterly losses, and shares in media companies stuck at record lows, even hits like Without a Trace are not safe from cancellation. And indeed, CBS announced Tuesday that it will not bring the series back next season and that it is also canceling The Unit, another program that has performed well but is expensive to produce. Similarly, NBC canceled the thriller Medium after five seasons, one of the network's few programs to garner decent numbers.(The New York Times reported today that CBS may grab it.) Also biting the dust: NBC's My Name Is Earl.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
It may be one of television's highest-rated shows, even after seven seasons, but CBS's Without a Trace reportedly costs $3 million an episode and sometimes even exceeds that amount with episodes like one filmed in post-Katrina New Orleans with one of the stars paddling through flood waters. And with advertisers retrenching, networks regularly reporting quarterly losses, and shares in media companies stuck at record lows, even hits like Without a Trace are not safe from cancellation. And indeed, CBS announced Tuesday that it will not bring the series back next season and that it is also canceling The Unit, another program that has performed well but is expensive to produce. Similarly, NBC canceled the thriller Medium after five seasons, one of the network's few programs to garner decent numbers.(The New York Times reported today that CBS may grab it.) Also biting the dust: NBC's My Name Is Earl.
I liked Without a Trace, one of the few good late night shows with Law and Order. I can't stand any of the CSI's or Cold Case.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I liked Without a Trace, one of the few good late night shows with Law and Order. I can't stand any of the CSI's or Cold Case.
Completely agree. Law & Order and Without a Trace are pretty awesome.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote