Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-02-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parks and ******* Rec
Old 12-02-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'd prefer a topless Rita.
She refuses to do so.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About Rita:

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:48 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rita has been topless numerous times guys...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:22 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This. I only watched like the first two seasons but I definitely remember topless Rita...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
This. I only watched like the first two seasons but I definitely remember topless Rita...
I've no idea how you stopped after 2 seasons. That was back when Dexter was a badass show.

And Julie Benz <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stopped after two seasons because everyone told me that it just got worse after season two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I stopped after two seasons because everyone told me that it just got worse after season two.
Not true, Season 4 is the best of them all sir.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well again I don't think I'd care to stick with it if in the end it's not getting better. I heard season 3 sucks, as does 5 & 6 so I just don't see the point in going any further. Also I wasnt as high on the show as others, and really can't understand the love for Doakes who is one of the most laughably bad characters I've ever seen. Most people talk about him as being a bad ass or something, just way over the top for me.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seasons 1 and 2 were amazing, season 3 sucked, season 4 was great and season 5 was the worst so far. Except maybe 6? I dunno. I gave up on that show.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Seasons 1 and 2 were amazing, season 3 sucked, season 4 was great and season 5 was the worst so far. Except maybe 6? I dunno. I gave up on that show.
Season 6 is WAY worse then 5 IMO. At least 5 had a somewhat serviceable main plotline and some decent acting from a few outlets. This season has been absolutely ridiculous and you can tell they're relying on gross-out gags and repeat ideas.

Also, Season 3 isn't great when you compare it with what came directly before and after, but it's still very watchable TV. The interaction between Hall and Smits is very well done all throughout the season, even if the season ends in a very anticlimatic fashion.
Quote:
Old 12-02-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Oh yeah, I don't disagree about Smits and Hall. They were good together. But, and you can correct me if I'm wrong here, that is when the whole Angel/LaGuerta storyline started and it was all ******* worthless. That pissed me off.

Season 3 is very watchable, you're right.. but it doesn't even compare to 1/2 or 4.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh yeah, I don't disagree about Smits and Hall. They were good together. But, and you can correct me if I'm wrong here, that is when the whole Angel/LaGuerta storyline started and it was all ******* worthless. That pissed me off.

Season 3 is very watchable, you're right.. but it doesn't even compare to 1/2 or 4.
Oh for sure, anything to do with LaGuerta is annoying as ****. She's a terrible actress and an even worse character. I don't think Batista is quite as bad, but he's certainly not good.

And I absolutely agree, Season 3 is a watchable entry into the season, but it pales in comparison to the other two seasons. I still think the last few episodes of Season 2 are some of the best in the series, critics be damned. I do think him not having to make the decision in the cabin was ********, but the conversations between him and Doakes leading up to that moment were SO intense...I just remember being so compelled to keep watching.

Also, I know Commie will agree with me on this one, but I just love the soundtrack to Dexter. The blood theme music still gives me goosebumps, even after all this time.

This video is pretty cool haha
Quote:
Old 12-02-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except that they've gone out of their way to not show her goods, so you're wrong once again Aussie. Also, Season 4 is getting overrated a bit here. Lithgow was absolutely phenomenal, but outside of that, there was nothing good about the season.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-02-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Season 4 IS John Lithgow though, so it is good, because he was.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I forgot how ******* amazing Terriers is. If you have Netflix, and you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch the pilot.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Season 4 IS John Lithgow though, so it is good, because he was.
Exactly this. The entire season was Dexter vs. Arthur and they were fantastic together, so I don't see how it can possibly be overrated.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Exactly this. The entire season was Dexter vs. Arthur and they were fantastic together, so I don't see how it can possibly be overrated.
Because of Batista/LaGuerta, the beginnings of the Quinn is dirty storyline that went NOWHERE (plus him with the reporter), them making Rita out to be this gigantic ***** especially with the stupid ass neighbor, and of course making Deb out to be an idiot half the time. Dexter vs Arthur did not take up the entire season.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-02-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I've no idea how you stopped after 2 seasons. That was back when Dexter was a badass show.

And Julie Benz <3
I didn't have showtime and I really wasn't that into the show in general. Just not my cup of tea.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dexter as a whole is very meh, season's 1 & 2 were certainly better than 3 but still it's a mere mediocre show

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The scenes between Doakes/Dexter in the cabin in season 2 are some of the finest of any show ever, but bah.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-02-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Dexter as a whole is very meh, season's 1 & 2 were certainly better than 3 but still it's a mere mediocre show
I'm tough on Dexter but season one and two were better than mediocre imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The scenes between Doakes/Dexter in the cabin in season 2 are some of the finest of any show ever, but bah.
Couldn't disagree more, plus they went and copped out that whole situation with how Doakes ate it which made it worse.

And listen to Vidae about terriers, it's really too bad that it got canceled because it was a very entertaining show. I would of at least liked another season.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-02-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the average amount of pages this thread can go without there being a Dexter discussion and the required "season 5 was soo awful" post, is ~2.5
Old 12-02-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I don't understand how anyone could hate on the Cabin scenes with them. I have said repeatedly how much I despise how they ended the season, but nothing can take away those cabin scenes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-02-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think the average amount of pages this thread can go without there being a Dexter discussion and the required "season 5 was soo awful" post, is ~2.5
It's been going on for awhile, I haven't really helped as I usually chime in with my two cents about the show once we get into this argument.

And Brody, I just hate Doakes. I can't stand the way they wrote his character, or how he was portrayed on the show, and that most likely affected any scene he was in for me.

Quote:
Quote: