Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-02-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand how anyone could hate Doakes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't understand how anyone could hate on the Cabin scenes with them. I have said repeatedly how much I despise how they ended the season, but nothing can take away those cabin scenes.
Jvig is on the record on hating Doakes though. I know a lot of people who really hated that character so any scene he was in would cause them to dislike that scene I guess?

I was a fan of Doakes but the way he died was the start of Dexter sucking major ass. It was such a ****** cop-out and poor writing. It started to make me question if these writers knew what they were doing. I guess they didn't.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
It's been going on for awhile, I haven't really helped as I usually chime in with my two cents about the show once we get into this argument.
I just felt like pointing it out. I lurk this thread regularly, and it never, ever fails. Someone brings up anything about Dexter, killing people or a word that rhymes with Dexter and it's a domino effect that always leads to the ranking of awfulness of the seasons with the inevitable bashing of the fifth one. It's tiring.

And btw, motherfuck Dexter. I will never see a minute of that show thanks to this thread.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's upsetting because of how amazing the show was at the start. People do the same thing with The Office in The Office thread too.

I guess it could get annoying but I don't pay attention to Dexter much anymore.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i knew the show sucked after the season 1 finale

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
And Brody, I just hate Doakes.
wtf is wrong with you?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't understand how anyone could hate Doakes.
I don't understand how anyone could like Doakes. I don't understand what people seem to think, which is that he's this amazing character. He isn't, he was a terribly written bump in the road for dexter. They tried so hard to make him this tough bad ass who didn't take **** from anyone who had to drop the F bomb every other word to do so, and it just came off so comically terrible to me that I couldn't stand him from the first lines he spoke. The character was a joke to me, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was an asshole who swore too much to seem like a badass, but he was the only one in the show's history that was willing to see Dexter for who he is. Plus, since then, Dexter's gone from a man with a serious issue to a full on superhero.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-02-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was an asshole who swore too much to seem like a badass, but he was the only one in the show's history that was willing to see Dexter for who he is. Plus, since then, Dexter's gone from a man with a serious issue to a full on superhero.
Ok and that's a problem with the writing, not a testament to an awesome character. Just because someone saw through Dexter, doesn't qualify them as a great character in my book. They easily could of made Doakes more convincing and way less of an offensive stereotype to have someone see through Dexter. And I know I'm not in the majority here on Doakes, but I enjoy actually having these discussions about him because it helps me understand what it is people see in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I was a fan of Doakes but the way he died was the start of Dexter sucking major ass. It was such a ****** cop-out
Why/How?

How could it have been done better?

People get mad about it because their favorite character (who was a horrible character outside of his amazing moments of unintentional comedy) got killed off. It's like

THRONES SPOILER VIA ANGRY USER REQUEST:

Last edited by comahan : 12-02-2011 at 08:04 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Why/How?

People get mad about it because their favorite character (who was a horrible character outside of his amazing moments of unintentional comedy) got killed off. It's like when Ned Stark died.
You're joking right? Doakes death was just "okay hes dead, bay harbor butcher plot line is done forever." His character meant absolutely nothing to the progression of the show aside from outright eliminating him as a threat to Dexter, a direction the show hasn't truly gone ever since that hasn't been wrapped up and fixed within 1-2 episodes (Quinn's PI for example).

MORE THRONES SPOILERS:

Sorry, the only thing their deaths have in common is that fans of the shows got upset, but Doakes fans have a lot more to gripe about because it was terribly written and forgotten.

Last edited by comahan : 12-02-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i knew the show sucked after the season 1 finale
I stopped watching after season 1 too

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i started a few days ago, and i'm halfway done with season two of SoA. It's pretty damn good, i can't help but hit 'play next episode' after each one. It just gave me multiple sads when i noticed Netflix only has seasons one and two. :(
Old 12-02-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Why/How?

People get mad about it because their favorite character (who was a horrible character outside of his amazing moments of unintentional comedy) got killed off. It's like when Ned Stark died.
Umm, the entire point of that huge plot was forcing Dexter to make a choice between turning Doakes in and eventually forcing the rest of the world to listen to Doakes allegations.......or killing him and violating the code. They did neither.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-02-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Why/How?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry to spoiler some of the thrones stuff, but its major plot point discussion of a relatively new show that not everyone has seen. So if you would please, spoiler it in the future.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Sorry to spoiler some of the thrones stuff, but its major plot point discussion of a relatively new show that not everyone has seen. So if you would please, spoiler it in the future.
Yeah no problem, I made sure not to put any book spoilers into it that will happen in the next season and any subsequent seasons after that in case any non-readers are worried about that kind of spoiler.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Parks and Rec was ******* fantastic this week.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yay, I guess it just takes a day or two but Terriers is now on the streaming 360 Netflix as well! \o/

Old 12-02-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Incredible episode of Supernatural tonight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-03-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

I've gotten into Castle over the past week and burned through the first 2 seasons already.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I've gotten into Castle over the past week and burned through the first 2 seasons already.
I'd kill for that to be on Netflix but it hasn't been yet. I've really wanted to see it.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except that they've gone out of their way to not show her goods, so you're wrong once again Aussie. Also, Season 4 is getting overrated a bit here. Lithgow was absolutely phenomenal, but outside of that, there was nothing good about the season.
Well the simple fact that her boobs were shown means I win. You weren't talking about the quality of the breast shot sir! I also think her nude scenes were extremely solid. Don't let your hatred of breasts confuse you Brody!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Well the simple fact that her boobs were shown means I win. You weren't talking about the quality of the breast shot sir! I also think her nude scenes were extremely solid. Don't let your hatred of breasts confuse you Brody!
No nipples shown= no breast shot. Sorry Aussie.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-03-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She has shown nipple..

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote