Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-19-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love reading these spoilers about Dexter, and knowing I made the right decision to stop watching that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Choosing a series to start watching. Either Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, or Friday Night Lights. Opinions?
Breaking Bad. Alternatively, Breaking Bad. OR, you could watch Breaking Bad. But if you really insist, you could watch Breaking Bad instead.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I love reading these spoilers about Dexter, and knowing I made the right decision to stop watching that show.
Is it weird that I enjoy watching shows crash and burn when they've gone on too long? I think of The Walking Dead, where I know it's worthless at this rate, but I want to keep watching to see if they can do everything in their power to piss off viewers. I refrain from using "fans" there because, let's be real, they have none.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Is it weird that I enjoy watching shows crash and burn when they've gone on too long? I think of The Walking Dead, where I know it's worthless at this rate, but I want to keep watching to see if they can do everything in their power to piss off viewers. I refrain from using "fans" there because, let's be real, they have none.
Apparently you have never been to ign to read the comments on the reviews they give. But I'm with you on the walking dead at least, I get alot of enjoyment watching that piece of **** show. I really believe they need to just kill off this group of people, fire the writers and get a whole new angle on the show next season. I don't think a show has ever assembled such a terrible group of characters.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last two episodes of The Walking Dead were great.. too bad it'll be back to being awful next season.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think a show has ever assembled such a terrible group of characters.
If AMC wants to reward my viewership, everyone dies (preferably in a gruesome, gory, and well-drawn out zombie attack) and Shane survives, going on to be the main character. But getting back to that zombie attack, I want people's limps being ripped off and all sorts of twisted and graphic crap. Scare off people who like happy endings.

That show should be dark and reflective of the world it's set in, not a bunch of a-holes living on a sunny farm without a real threat of zombies.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed.
The slow burning death of this show is kinda fun

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it seems like I should check out this Breaking Bad show...
Old 12-19-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly, it's been pretty bad when you evaluate the episodes, but for the most part, I still find the show quite watchable. I think they just need to stop spreading themselves too thin with the stupid storylines and focus on Dexter killing people. If they could learn to write a decent plot, it'd be a bonus, but I'd be more than happy to watch Dexter kill bad people for another 2 seasons.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I mean I was picking apart Dexter even when it was good for sloppy writing, plot holes, so I can't imagine I would want to watch it any further. As much fun as I had watching the walking dead fail miserably this season, it got to a point where it was almost unbearable to watch/ I just couldn't take how terribly written the show is, and this is coming from someone who enjoys watching terrible movies for entertainment.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
So it seems like I should check out this Breaking Bad show...
DO IT OR WE'RE DONE!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If AMC wants to reward my viewership, everyone dies (preferably in a gruesome, gory, and well-drawn out zombie attack) and Shane survives, going on to be the main character. But getting back to that zombie attack, I want people's limps being ripped off and all sorts of twisted and graphic crap. Scare off people who like happy endings.

That show should be dark and reflective of the world it's set in, not a bunch of a-holes living on a sunny farm without a real threat of zombies.
This is interesting. I get that in the comics it is Rick's story, etc etc but there's really no doubt that most compelling character in the show is Shane by about 50 miles. Daryl's great too but not in the same league. Would love to see the show runners spin on a dime and make it his story instead of following Shane into inevitable full evil/gruesome death.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, breaking news, every show on TV has
now.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
DO IT OR WE'RE DONE!
U will never dump me. U will find no one that will even attempt what I did to u last night.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you mean Morgan (the black guy from the pilot) is the most interesting character. Because he is....by far...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I think you mean Morgan (the black guy from the pilot) is the most interesting character. Because he is....by far...
And he was in one episode...... (really is a testament to how bad thee characters are).

But other than him I couldn't agree more, Shane is the best character on the show.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carl making Carl faces is the worst.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They also should have kept Noah Emmerich, because he's easily the best actor the show will ever have.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-19-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I want an episode where Rick watches his whole family eaten alive by zombies.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'm pretty sure that would imply something actually happening in the show, which is just wrong. We need five episodes of them complaining and moving around before anything happens dammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-19-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm pretty sure that would imply something actually happening in the show, which is just wrong. We need five episodes of them complaining and moving around before anything happens dammit.
Yeah, Lori will never die, which just sucks.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So after hearing how great breaking bad was time and time again, i finally gave it another shot. i spent the last 14 hours going through season one and half of season 2. I had to make myself stop watching and will probably knock down the rest of season 2 after some sleep.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
So after hearing how great breaking bad was time and time again, i finally gave it another shot. i spent the last 14 hours going through season one and half of season 2. I had to make myself stop watching and will probably knock down the rest of season 2 after some sleep.
It only keeps getting better.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaking Bad is better than sex.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
It's about damn time sir!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote