Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-08-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
i talked to you before xio

Hi, Roy. I recall.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So yeah Supernatural is ******* awesome.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda figured it'd be the last year for House. The ratings aren't all that great anymore and they've run out of things to do at this point.

Oh well. This season has been much better than the last two seasons, so I guess it's good to go out on a high note.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I kinda figured it'd be the last year for House. The ratings aren't all that great anymore and they've run out of things to do at this point.

Oh well. This season has been much better than the last two seasons, so I guess it's good to go out on a high note.
They better come up with a suitable ending though. If the final episode is just the same old **** with House, I'll be disappointed. Eight seasons without lasting character development for House would be a damn shame.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I agree, though I think he has changed.. just not a lot. In the last episode he actually apologized to Chase, which isn't something you would have seen in the first four seasons.

I do hope they have a suitable ending in place though. It would suck to get a bland cookie-cutter House ending.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So yeah Supernatural is ******* awesome.
Glad you have embraced the awesomeness.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I agree, though I think he has changed.. just not a lot. In the last episode he actually apologized to Chase, which isn't something you would have seen in the first four seasons.

I do hope they have a suitable ending in place though. It would suck to get a bland cookie-cutter House ending.
The key words I used were "lasting development." He changes stretches, but always seems to revert mostly back.

But yes, that scene with Chase is a step in the right direction. The promos showing Chase being back and walking perfectly though are a bit of a disappointment. House's apology will be forgotten within 2 episodes in all likelihood.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I was disappointed with the Chase reveal too. Not that it was revealed early, but that everything is back to "normal" so quickly. That is stupid.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

The show's biggest battle has always been with the status quo. Needs to shake things up, but not merely with a once-per-season "special episode" where something over the top happens. Story arcs would be nice ...
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's probably too late for those now, haha. Oh well, like I said, it'll end on a (relatively) high note and that is something.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
It's probably too late for those now, haha. Oh well, like I said, it'll end on a (relatively) high note and that is something.
Definitely too late. I bet I could find the same post in this thread that I just made about a year ago.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best House episode in recent memory was that episode where they helped the dude who ended up being a serial killer. And the one where Chase killed the dictator.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
The worst House episode in recent memory was that episode where they helped the dude who ended up being a serial killer. And the one where Chase killed the dictator.
Fixed it for you, at least in the case of the dictator episode. The first one you mentioned was solid.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The should have ended House after his hallucinations and when he went to the crazy house at the end of season 6 or 5 or whatever it was.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
The should have ended House after his hallucinations and when he went to the crazy house at the end of season 6 or 5 or whatever it was.
Ended it why?

Are you the guy who suggested ending The Office really early for no good reason too?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Ended it why?

Are you the guy who suggested ending The Office really early for no good reason too?
I don't remember saying anything about when I said the Office should end, but House is another case of dragging a show on much longer than viewership dictates. I guess that is just how FOX, NBC and the rest of the basic networks work.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I don't remember saying anything about when I said the Office should end, but House is another case of dragging a show on much longer than viewership dictates. I guess that is just how FOX, NBC and the rest of the basic networks work.
Sorry, I thought it was you, but must have been someone else talking about The Office.

But House has continued to get good ratings:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_%...ical_reception

Over 10 million/episode last season and 13 million the season before that.

I'd rather a show like House go on too long than prematurely pull the plug when there's still potential for quality episodes. That wouldn't be true of a prestige drama like Breaking Bad, but for House, which has always just been about a fun, entertaining show, let it run its course.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

On another note, I thought tonight's episode of Modern Family was easily one of the 2 or 3 best this season. There have been episodes I have outright hated this year, either because of redundancy or excessive character annoyance (Claire and Cam).

Tonight's episode had fresh storylines and some nice, unexpected twists.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
i talked to you before xio
Stay for realz this time.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Happy Endings ******* owns. Great episode tonight.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Happy Endings ******* owns. Great episode tonight.
it's one of the funniest shows on tv right now

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
it's one of the funniest shows on tv right now
I want it known that I was the first to start relentlessly telling all of you that.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what also owns? Revenge.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm gonna revenge you one day ..
Old 02-09-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I want it known that I was the first to start relentlessly telling all of you that.
NOPE! Forenci told me about the show during season 1 and that's when I started watching it. He bugged me about it in IRC a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Tis very true, and Emily Van Camp is kind of a cutie.

Last edited by vidae : 02-09-2012 at 12:54 AM.