Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-30-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Any Falling Skies fans still? It comes back in June.
I stopped watching about halfway through the last season. The characters were just too one dimensional and the acting was pretty sub-par. It's a solid premise but I thought it was executed poorly.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I was going to let the argument die because I am sure people are tired of this but **** it, this is a place for discussion.
First off, Gonzo, everyone here who has every played a mafia game or knows you in general does not believe this for a second. You say you want to let things die, but then you keep posting about it. The way you let things die is you do not post about it. People do it all the time. So let's not pretend like you are trying to do us all a service by "letting it die." This, however, will be my last post on it.

Quote:
I am not even sure what you are arguing anymore. There is not excessive use of sex. Mara swearing in front of her superior? She has no respect for him and I feel the audience is supposed to sympathize with her boss because she is out of control.
I am not sure if you just don't read, or just skim the reading of posts to where your comprehension of them is terrible. I've said 3-4 times my real issue isn't with HoC. It's about conversational realism. People will swear in front of people they trust, people they know will not take issue with it. Sometimes they will swear in dramatic fashion if it proves a point. Typically, most people will not though.

But overall, the part you keep skipping over is that I do not really have a big issue with HoC on this. Typically, it's other HBO or non-cable network shows where this happens. I think as a professional writer they shouldn't need to dumb down the dialogue for a few cheap laughs or to try and "shock" people with it. It loses it's power with excessive repetition. That's my only real point. It's not an issue of being offended (aka, snobbery) it's more just an issue of using it in realistic and understandable situations. They're not just dropping F-bombs in their house holds, where most of us do. It's in public, with co-workers, with important people. To me, that's not realistic.

Quote:
At no point have I ever said your opinion is less relevant than everyone else. I brought up that you had yet to see episodes explaining a lot of what you are bitching about. The house of cards is slowly built throughout the season and I don't think what comes later would be nearly as effective without the buildup.
I mean, you pretty much did lessen my opinion for not watching it all. That's fine, I cannot comment on the whole series, maybe it gets better, maybe it does not. However, the show did not draw me in enough to give a reason to keep continuing it. That's my real issue. I gave it half the season. If you can't hook me by then I'm not going to keep punishing myself by watching it.

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about when you compare me talking about the show to an english major reading to much into what a character wears. I have done nothing remotely close to that. You bring up the characters lacking depth, I responded with why I disagree. I am not reading to much into anything or trying hard to look for this depth, it is all there and like I have said before, as the season progresses more layers of the characters are revealed.
My point: People will argue for things they personally may not necessarily love because they think the overall institution or idea is being questioned or insulted.

For example: when someone defends a crappy character on a show as "necessary" for the show. In this persons mind, the character is part of the show, which represents the show, so it becomes necessary to defend the character to defend the overall integrity of the show. It's a VERY common thing that happens, even if it sounds complex. We do it all the time here in this thread. I have done it myself on numerous occasions.

Sometimes a crappy character is a crappy character, but that does not have to be a knock on the show. Or, as I mentioned, I've seen people do this with characters in books frequently.

Quote:
While I am not saying your opinion is less valid than mine having watched a full season as opposed to less than half it is safe to say I know more about this show than you do. By all means, don't watch anymore, but don't try and claim I have no idea what I am talking about and just reaching because liking this show is the snobby thing to do.
So, what you're saying is, my comments are less valid because I've seen less of the show? Which earlier you said you were not doing. I'm getting mixed signals. Anyway, I'm done arguing. I think I, as well as many others have come to realize that arguing with you is pointless.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forenci, if you do not have an issue with sex and swearing in House of Cards why even bring it up when talking about why you didn't like the show?

You say you think House of Cards is not even a bad show and then turn around and say to continue watching would be 'punishing' you. Tone down the hyperbole.

When I say I know more about the show than you it's not that my comments are more valid what I mean is that when I am talking about why I like certain characters I have seen more episodes than you which flesh out the characters and provide backstory. So when you say I am arguing for something I don't necessarily love because I feel you are insulting it you are full of ****. I am arguing because I disagree with your points and I am explaining why. These characters you call crappy I do not think are crappy and I am sorry but having watching the entire series I have more to base my opinion on than you who seems to desperately want to not like the show.

I have said numerous times I have no problem with you liking the show but of course you have to insult me while arguing. You also need to bring up mafia games which has nothing to do with what we are talking about. I find it kind of hilarious that you and some others still seem to hold a grudge against me because I play up the villain role during mafia. Get over it.

If you don't like swearing and violence in television that is fine. In your post you completely avoided arguing the merits of the show so I am not even sure what the point of your post is. I find the show really good and have explained why and all you are doing is being pedantic.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any Falling Skies fans still? It comes back in June.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Dunno why I watch it but I do. They like to do one good episode and three bad. Probably a budget thing.
Pretty much this. It would help if it had a character I actually cared about.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen the same amount of episodes as you Gonzo, and the characters are boring. Sorry, you're wrong. Bye!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I watched Bar Rescue. God awful show. The main guy is annoying as ****. Stupid. I win the "reality TV sucks" debate easily.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Mole and the Joe Schmo show are still awesome.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, I watched Bar Rescue. God awful show. The main guy is annoying as ****. Stupid. I win the "reality TV sucks" debate easily.
I am endlessly amused by how you watch everything I suggest just so you can come on this forum to proclaim you hate them. You remind me of a child trying a vegetable for the first time that he 'knows' he will hate. Keep on being you buddy :)

It was mentioned before but it needs to be mentioned again, you all need to watch Nathan for You.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Bar Rescue. Calling it one of the best things on tv is absurd, but it is very good as an entertaining show to have on when sitting around doing nothing.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

House is Lies isn't bad but I feel like it should be better given its cast.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Mole and the Joe Schmo show are still awesome.
Is the Mole still on? I used to love that show.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I am endlessly amused by how you watch everything I suggest just so you can come on this forum to proclaim you hate them. You remind me of a child trying a vegetable for the first time that he 'knows' he will hate. Keep on being you buddy :)

It was mentioned before but it needs to be mentioned again, you all need to watch Nathan for You.
Oh this should be good. So now I watch "everything" you suggest? I've literally watched a single show you suggested (Bar Rescue) and it's a reality show, so I knew it would be awful.

For someone as annoying and as clueless as you are, you sure seem to think highly of yourself. :)

Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I like Bar Rescue. Calling it one of the best things on tv is absurd, but it is very good as an entertaining show to have on when sitting around doing nothing.
Bar Rescue is one of the most rewatchable shows I have ever seen. Obviously not in the same category as scripted shows but I find it crazy entertaining. Jon Taffer is a force, his ideas are brilliant and he makes people less ****** by the time he is done with them. I will never hide my love for that show and it took way too long to be convinced to watch.

I completely agree about House of Lies. Decent show that should be so much better.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Oh this should be good. So now I watch "everything" you suggest? I've literally watched a single show you suggested (Bar Rescue) and it's a reality show, so I knew it would be awful.

For someone as annoying and as clueless as you are, you sure seem to think highly of yourself. :)
Nobody cares to read all this bickering. Either actually talk about TV or PM me. Your opinion of Bar Rescue is clearly not biased since you went in knowing you would hate it. Of course I think highly of my opinion, I was under the impression everyone does. When I said you hate everything I suggest I was referring to your one line review of The Master simply saying it sucks.

All I am saying is contribute to the discussion or don't post. Keep your petty jabs to yourself, this isn't grade school.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So The Master, which multiple people suggested I check out, and Bar Rescue. Look at all that "everything" you've suggested. :)

Old 03-31-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You only think this because you still haven't seen Duck Dynasty.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That's cause you haven't seen Duck Dynasty.
I am going to give this one a shot too. I'm trying to find the first episode on-demand somewhere.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Nathan for You's good, but it's no Burning Love.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 03-31-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I am going to give this one a shot too. I'm trying to find the first episode on-demand somewhere.
I've only seen a couple episodes but if you give it an honest shot it's impossible not to love those hillbillies.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-31-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Nathan for You's good, but it's no Burning Love.
Only checked out the first episode but it was indeed hilarious.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burning Love is freaking gold.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Burning Love is freaking gold.
Yes. Yes it is. I'm watching Childrens hospital right now since it was just added to netflix, which is also awesome. Ken Marino is ******* hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:44 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty sure it's on A&E. I am not a big reality fan myself, but my girlfriend got me to watch it and I found myself laughing quite a bit. It's probably because it almost feels like a scripted comedy show. It doesn't really have the feeling of a reality TV show to me.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've only seen a couple episodes but if you give it an honest shot it's impossible not to love those hillbillies.
Jase and Si are two of the greatest people walking God's green earth.