Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-19-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

I gotta go with Paul Pierce on this one. The Celtic wouldn't win a single game without him.

:D :D
Old 02-19-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Nash deserves it but im not sure he'll get it for the third consecutive time
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual
Steve Nash deserves it but im not sure he'll get it for the third consecutive time
yea I think alot of people get tired of him winning it evry tyme. I think Gilbert or Dirk should get it.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KOBE BRYANT!

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

gilbert has his team a lowly three games up in the worst division in basketball...he was supposedly going to be the MVP of the allstar game last night, especially since his coach was the East All Star coach...Gilbert is just a sideshow who wants to be a star....no way he wins MVP or should he...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22
gilbert has his team a lowly three games up in the worst division in basketball...he was supposedly going to be the MVP of the allstar game last night, especially since his coach was the East All Star coach...Gilbert is just a sideshow who wants to be a star....no way he wins MVP or should he...
The atlantic division is the worst division in basketball smart guy not the southeast you're from Florida you should know this (same division as Miami and Orlando). Actually that really shows how much you know about the NBA you dont even know the teams that play in your home teams division. How is a sideshow 2nd in the league in scoring? A side show is someone like George Muersan or Manute Bol. Another question how many games would the Wiz have won without Gilbert? He is already a star in the league so I dont know how hes a "wannabe" Someone needs to brush up on their knowledge of basketball.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
dlions20

If I shot as much as Gilbert i could be an All Star.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya
If I shot as much as Gilbert i could be an All Star.

well if you make as many as he does....you should shoot a lot.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
How is a sideshow 2nd in the league in scoring?
Hes taken over Kobes spot as the biggest ball hog in the NBA.

Ill take Iverson, Wade, Carmelo, Kobe, Lebron, anyday if i want a scorer. And when all those guys are healthy and on there game are way betetr than Gilbert at scoring.

Gilbert is a side show. Your a homer.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
he has a .418 FG%, thats hardly good. Maybe ok, but even when Lebron has struggled the entire year, he still has a .472 FG%. And shoots less per game. Lebron is a SF and has the same amount of assist. Lebron gets more rebounds etc.....even for an off year.

Lebron dominates Gilbert when there teams play, Gilbert hasnt taken his team anywhere in the playoffs, losing the first round every year. And hes really gotten cocky lately, even saying he would be MVP of the all star game. What happened? Lebron carried that team and Gilbert had 8 pts!

My vote goes to Dirk or Kobe. Kobes new team game (forced upon him) has made his entire team better. Dirk is on the best team and is the best player on that team, and really puts up the stats....
Old 02-19-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
How is a sideshow 2nd in the league in scoring?
Hes taken over Kobes spot as the biggest ball hog in the NBA.

Ill take Iverson, Wade, Carmelo, Kobe, Lebron, anyday if i want a scorer. And when all those guys are healthy and on there game are way betetr than Gilbert at scoring.

Gilbert is a side show. Your a homer.

I agree with you that he is slightly overrated. And i would take Wade, Lebron, and Kobe over Gilbert out of the guys you mentioned. But the Wizards need him to shoot to win, Arenas understands that, so he shoots a lot. I'd put him as the 5th best player in the league right now.

1. Steve Nash
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Lebron James
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Gilbert Arenas
Old 02-19-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

[quote="JoeMontainya"]
Quote:
Quote:
he has a .418 FG%, thats hardly good. Maybe ok, but even when Lebron has struggled the entire year, he still has a .472 FG%. And shoots less per game. Lebron is a SF and has the same amount of assist. Lebron gets more rebounds etc.....even for an off year.

Lebron dominates Gilbert when there teams play, Gilbert hasnt taken his team anywhere in the playoffs, losing the first round every year. And hes really gotten cocky lately, even saying he would be MVP of the all star game. What happened? Lebron carried that team and Gilbert had 8 pts![/

Are you seriously using the all star game stats to rate players talent?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
If you think I am then rethink your thought. i wasnt, I used the all star game to point out that hes overrated when the big boys come into play.

He tried to be a ball hog in the all star game and couldnt do it, so others had to carry the load (lebron, howard).

Gilbert said he would score 50 against Portland and what happened? He said he would be the all star MVP, what happened? The guy is a talker. Even Eddie Jordan admited he didnt want him on the team at first.

He couldnt make the team USA for simular reasons.

None of this is ment to take away the good season he is having, just pointing out he isnt anything special compared to the great players currently.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Lebron dominates Gilbert when there teams play, Gilbert hasnt taken his team anywhere in the playoffs, losing the first round every year. And hes really gotten cocky lately, even saying he would be MVP of the all star game. What happened? Lebron carried that team and Gilbert had 8 pts!

My vote goes to Dirk or Kobe. Kobes new team game (forced upon him) has made his entire team better. Dirk is on the best team and is the best player on that team, and really puts up the stats....
Ok, First... The wizards were one of the worst teams in the league before we got Gilbert and since than we have done a 180. Second of all...He made it to the second round of the playoffs year before last. Third, I am far from a homer, In fact in this thread I believe I said Steve Nash should win the MVP. So again, you people need to get your facts straight before you go blabbing on about false statements.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
If you think I am then rethink your thought. i wasnt, I used the all star game to point out that hes overrated when the big boys come into play.

He tried to be a ball hog in the all star game and couldnt do it, so others had to carry the load (lebron, howard).

Gilbert said he would score 50 against Portland and what happened? He said he would be the all star MVP, what happened? The guy is a talker. Even Eddie Jordan admited he didnt want him on the team at first.

He couldnt make the team USA for simular reasons.

None of this is ment to take away the good season he is having, just pointing out he isnt anything special compared to the great players currently.
So if a player talks crap and is cocky that makes them bad? Someone should tell Chad Johnson he sucks and should quit playing football.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that my main requirement in the MVP voting is whether or not the player's team is a championship contender, so Gilbert is out. Steve Nash should win it for his third time, the Suns are a lottery team without him, and (most importantly) a championship contender with him.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink

Like I posted in the NBA Thread

Suns record with Steve Nash: 37-2

Suns record without Nash: 2-10

It better be a threepeat
Old 02-19-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President
I think that my main requirement in the MVP voting is whether or not the player's team is a championship contender, so Gilbert is out. Steve Nash should win it for his third time, the Suns are a lottery team without him, and (most importantly) a championship contender with him.
The suns are a playoff team without Nash. They still have Marion, Stoudemire, Bell, Barbosa and Diaw. With Thomas, Jones, Rose, Banks all off the bench Thats playoff caliber team IMO Not a championship caliber but defintley playoffs.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
So if a player talks crap and is cocky that makes them bad? Someone should tell Chad Johnson he sucks and should quit playing football.
I never said Arenas is bad. I said hes overrated. And not an MVP in my eyes.

The Wizards had Butler Jamison and at one point a solid Larry Hughes when they made it to RD2, thats hardly a job that Arenas had to do himself.

When Arenas puts himself in the spotlight he crumbles (all star game, playoffs vs. Cavs, game against Portland etc..).

Its hard for me to give Nash a 3 peat because i dont feel hes that great, but he hasnt done anything to not deserve it again.

Nash will most likely win it again.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know he has no chance of winning it, but Chris Bosh deserves to be in this poll/discussion. He's more of an MVP than Carmelo "can't keep my hands to myself" Anthony.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
They still have Marion, Stoudemire, Bell, Barbosa and Diaw
marion wasnt great before he partnered with Nash. Amare is good. Bell, Barbosa, and Diaw all beniefit from nash and without him might not be as good as they are now.

Diaw wasnt good with the Hawks. Bell never was this good.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Its funny, before the fight Melo might have been the favorite and a gaurantee to make the all stars.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
Ok, First... The wizards were one of the worst teams in the league before we got Gilbert and since than we have done a 180. Second of all...He made it to the second round of the playoffs year before last. Third, I am far from a homer, In fact in this thread I believe I said Steve Nash should win the MVP. So again, you people need to get your facts straight before you go blabbing on about false statements.
You make it sound like Gilbert is the reason. Lebron is the only reason the Cavs are good. The Wizards had Jamison (once all star) Butler (all star) and Gilbert (all star), Eddie Jordan (an all star coach) and at one point larry Hughes (2nd in D-MVP voting), to go along with an ok supporting cast.

To say Gilbert turned that franchise around by himself is comical.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President
The suns are a playoff team without Nash. They still have Marion, Stoudemire, Bell, Barbosa and Diaw. With Thomas, Jones, Rose, Banks all off the bench Thats playoff caliber team IMO Not a championship caliber but defintley playoffs.
We got whipped by Chicago, Atlanta, and Seattle. Not really the mark of the playoff team. Plus we're 4-11 without Nash. Nash is having a better year than his last year, and the team is performing just as well with him in the line up. Right now, the only other person who has a legitimate shot of winning it is Dirk Nowitzki.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
I never said Arenas is bad. I said hes overrated. And not an MVP in my eyes.

The Wizards had Butler Jamison and at one point a solid Larry Hughes when they made it to RD2, thats hardly a job that Arenas had to do himself.

When Arenas puts himself in the spotlight he crumbles (all star game, playoffs vs. Cavs, game against Portland etc..).

Its hard for me to give Nash a 3 peat because i dont feel hes that great, but he hasnt done anything to not deserve it again.

Nash will most likely win it again.
Wrong again, They didnt have Butler at that time. If you watched that series against the bulls you would know that Gilberts clutchness is what lead them to the series win.

Arenas said he was going to drop 50 on the suns and he did so where was the "Crumbling" there. It's just hte kind of player he is, hes known as the comedian of hte league. I think alot of people take his sillyness as seriouness.

As for MVP its all really a matter of opinion at this time. Who knows what teams are gonna fall and what teams are going to rise. nothings definte now so anyone arguing about saying someone is wrong or right about who they think is going to win is ridiculous. Theres alot of season left and anything is possible.

BTW I like Chris Bosh for mvp, I really cant think of any player who is more valuable to their teams success right now.