Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-07-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Duke vs. UNC basketball or OSU vs. michigan?

Whats better? I just saw it on ESPN and i was wondering what everyone thought.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is going to be OSU vs. Michigan because how late they play every year and the few number of games this game usually decides both of their seasons, as for Duke and NC even if one loses it isn't much more than a hit to their pride, it doesn't hurt their season too much except if Duke loses this year they can kiss their season away, but as for more classic and memorable games Duke UNC is the best.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Duke vs UNC no doubt about it.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
It is going to be OSU vs. Michigan because how late they play every year and the few number of games this game usually decides both of their seasons, as for Duke and NC even if one loses it isn't much more than a hit to their pride, it doesn't hurt their season too much except if Duke loses this year they can kiss their season away, but as for more classic and memorable games Duke UNC is the best.
I agree with this. The OSU/Michigan game has so much more riding on it every year than two regular season Duke/UNC games. Now if Duke and UNC ever matched up against each other in March Madness then that would probably blow OSU/Michigan out of the water.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink

Duke vs. UNC . LOL (Tarhomo's) but Ohio and Michigan comes close
Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan/Ohio State usually decides the Big Ten, and sometimes even decides the National Championship. The loser of the game has their entire season ruined more times than not.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
buckeyes12
Rookie

buckeyes12 needs more cowbell.

It's a really close call in terms of which rivalry is better because their both so even.

If i HAD to pick one as a more fierce rivalry i would say Duke-UNC because those games really get good in terms of physicality. Not to take ANYTHING away from OSU-Mich, but theres just a special hatred between the dukies and the heels.

they also get to square off twice a year, as opposed to once.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll put it this way, I'm from Ohio, I don't really even like Ohio State, but the site of a Michigan sweatshirt makes me angry/ill to my stomatch. It's absolutely ingrained in every single person in Ohio (although NW Ohio is much murkier) to hate all things Blue and Maize. It's really quite odd, it's about the only game I get up for.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bama vs. Auburn

If you choose wrong at birth your put up for adoption.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas Vs Oklahoma (voted UNC vd Duke)
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say OSU/Michigan becuase in college basketball most conference teams play each other twice a year and it's year after year, and they can even meet in coference tournaments and the 65 team tourney, but in college football it's only once a year in either one of two historic football venues in all of sport. The teams are always competitive, and usually the big 10 title is on the line or this year it was the national championship

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3
That isn't even the biggest rivalry for Texas... a&m..
Old 02-07-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3
ask people from UT who the bigger rival is...
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's where the thread turns into __________(Insert your favorite's team rivalry here)

So why not best rivalry is UVA and Virginia Tech.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aurburn vs Alabama is the biggest imo. But, of the 2 its Duke Unc.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3
ask people from UT who the bigger rival is...
Ok let me ask myself. Ok its A&M. Sersiouly... Most UT fans know lots of people at A&M where they know very few Oklahoma people. Its A&M.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
mpindo3
Rookie

mpindo3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Duke/UNC/State trifecta baby!! Or are we talking about at the present moment? Because historically, that's my answer. If we're going on the past 15 years or so, you can take NCSU out of that equation
mpindo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

osu michigan
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Michigan and UNC fan, I find it hard to come to clear answer, but in the end I'm siding with Michigan-OSU
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

basketball rivalries are always much better because the fans are more involved with the games

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28
basketball rivalries are always much better because the fans are more involved with the games
how? they both sit in the stands and have crazy cheers....there are just 10 times as many fans in the football stadiums

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a simple question guys. UNC vs Duke or OSU vs scUM...It's not "well I think this rivalry is better."

Either post on this topic or create your own. TT asked a simple question and it's amazing how many people can't answer it.

Anywho, it's gotta be Duke vs UNC IMO. I have two buddies, one a Dookie and one Tar Heel who are really good friends, but when it comes to game day they are bitter enemies. Seriously, they fought last year when UNC upset Duke at Cameron, I mean a flat out fist fight.

So yea, UNC/Duke is a bigger rivarly IMO.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink

UNC Duke by a MILE.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28
how? they both sit in the stands and have crazy cheers....there are just 10 times as many fans in the football stadiums
But smaller compact stadium means louder fans and much closer to you.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My biased opinion says OSU/UM.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote