Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-23-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Colbert Running for President...

Yea yea I know "no political discussions" but this is pretty big news. Not that he's going to win because he's only running in South Carolina but for the fact that he's throwing his name into the ring.

I know a lot of people on this board watch the Colbert Report and the Daily Show so if you hadn't heard about this year I figured I'd pass along the news to you. But lets keep "politics" out of this if we can. No bashing of the President, no bashing of the other candidates...Just talk about Colbert.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....ap/index.html

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't watch his show. I see this as a publicity stunt.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't watch the show. The couple times I have, I didn't find him all that funny. Not a big fan. Like Xio said, it smacks of a publicity stunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I don't watch the show. The couple times I have, I didn't find him all that funny. Not a big fan. Like Xio said, it smacks of a publicity stunt.
That's pretty obvious considering his show is a political satire...
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart > Colbert. Colbert tries to hard.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

I have never seen his show.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Stewart > Colbert. Colbert tries to hard.
Stewart has other people write for him on the Daily Show though. Colbert does the writing
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Stewart has other people write for him on the Daily Show though. Colbert does the writing
He writes the entire show? Somehow I doubt that. Every talk show person has jokes written for them.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
He writes the entire show? Somehow I doubt that. Every talk show person has jokes written for them.
Colbert was one of the biggest staff writers for the Daily Show and continues to do a majority of the writing for his own show
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's all about presentation, and Stewart presents the Daily Show in a masterfull way, Colbert forces it.

Name is misspelled in topic title though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Colbert was one of the biggest staff writers for the Daily Show and continues to do a majority of the writing for his own show
But who's to say Daily doesn't write most of his own material as well? I would imagine all the writers get together and come up with stuff together.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

colbert's shtick has gotten old imo

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's pretty obvious considering his show is a political satire...
Meaning what? That I don't watch the show because it's political satire, that it's not funny because it's political satire, or it's a publicity stunt because it's political satire?

Quote:

Old 10-23-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Meaning what? That I don't watch the show because it's political satire, that it's not funny because it's political satire, or it's a publicity stunt because it's political satire?
Colbert running for president is a joke, evidenced by the fact he hosts a political satire television show.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Colbert running for president is a joke, evidenced by the fact he hosts a political satire television show.
Gotcha. But with his name in the ring, you never know...................

Quote:

Old 10-23-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What exactly is Colbert's platform?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colbert is a better and more productive comedian than "Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz."

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
What exactly is Colbert's platform?
longer timeslot for the Colbert report
Old 10-23-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gotcha. But with his name in the ring, you never know...................
I sure hope not. I'm all for equal opportunities but I'd prefer if he wasn't president. And I'm an actual fan of his show...
Old 10-23-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I sure hope not. I'm all for equal opportunities but I'd prefer if he wasn't president. And I'm an actual fan of his show...
I hope not too. But when Mickey Mouse gets write in votes every election, you've got to think Colbert can get some votes.

Quote:

Old 10-23-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

His name won't make it past the primaries so it's not a really big deal
Old 10-23-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope not too. But when Mickey Mouse gets write in votes every election, you've got to think Colbert can get some votes.
I never knew that. Kind of wish I didn't.... :/ Oh well...
Old 10-23-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I never knew that. Kind of wish I didn't.... :/ Oh well...
There are hundereds of thousands of people who register just because it's what they are supposed to do and then make no real attempt to be involved in the election process
Old 10-23-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
There are hundereds of thousands of people who register just because it's what they are supposed to do and then make no real attempt to be involved in the election process
That's really the sad part. Awareness is huge especially in such a big decision.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Unfortunately, I think the vast majority of people either don't vote, or simply vote for one party or the other because they've always voted that way, and their parents have always voted that way, and their grandparents and so on, both Republican and Democrat. It's unfortunate because most people don't even know the real issues, let alone a candidates stance on said issues.

By the way, we better cut it out, or I'm sure this will be locked soon.

Quote: