Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Victor Martinez would disagree with that.
Offensive and defensively, no he wouldn't. Victor is a liability as a catcher. I wouldn't argue though that he is the superior hitter. Posada's game is more complete.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
Offensive and defensively, no he wouldn't. Victor is a liability as a catcher. I wouldn't argue though that he is the superior hitter. Posada's game is more complete.
Victor has improved his defense considerably this year, although he's still a bit behind Posada. I wouldn't call him a liability.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Victor has improved his defense considerably this year, although he's still a bit behind Posada. I wouldn't call him a liability.
You're right about that, but the past couple years, he was. I agree he definitely improved his game this year.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 10-23-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa, since when is Pudge called I-Rod?
Since he stole his nickname from Carlton Fisk.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Posada beats him on average and defense, Victor hits for a bit more power but I dunno if that makes up for it.
Posada doesn't beat him on average if you combine the last 3 years. And as for defense, they're numbers are remarkably similar in 2005/2007(with Victor even having a slight overall edge this year). If Victor didn't have such a lousy year last year defensively it wouldn't be much of a discussion.

Also, I'm 99.9 percent sure Jim Thome is on the list.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Posada doesn't beat him on average if you combine the last 3 years. And as for defense, they're numbers are remarkably similar in 2005/2007(with Victor even having a slight overall edge this year). If Victor didn't have such a lousy year last year defensively it wouldn't be much of a discussion.
You have to factor in more than numbers. Posada handles his pitching staff very well. He knows how to call a game as good as anyone in baseball and he's a leader in the clubhouse.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 10-23-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
You have to factor in more than numbers. Posada handles his pitching staff very well. He knows how to call a game as good as anyone in baseball and he's a leader in the clubhouse.
Well Martinez's pitchers ERA is also higher than Posada's the last 3 years with him behind the plate.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was an article in the New York Times suggesting the Red Sox could be totally clean, or the least tainted team. I don't buy the totally clean thing (I don't think any team is totally clean) but it's interesting to say the least. I'm almost positive the Lowell is or was on something. There have been rumors that Papi might be on something as well, but I don't know how legit those were. I'd probably add Lowell to the list, there have been quite a few rumors about him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also, I'm 99.9 percent sure Jim Thome is on the list.
Really? I thought their averages were similar last year. I should probably check the stats but I'm too lazy.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
those would break my heart
mine too...

I have my Andres Galarraga Braves jersey, hanging in my room still. He was my all-time favorite player. He was one of my heros, some of these "outings" are really going to hurt.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-23-2007 at 07:29 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
What about Brady Anderson? That one is so obvious.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:27 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Gonzo on roids, have you seen the guy he weighs 210 max, I'm assuming you jut put him on the list for his 57 HR year but i seriously doubt he was ever on anything just doesn't seem like the type of guy and definitely doesn't look the part

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:44 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember watching Dante Bichette on outside the lines a few years ago subliminally saying Ortiz was on performance enhancing drugs.

The quote similiarly said "It's a bigger problem than you think, I was cut by a team who brought someone in who may not appear to be on any performance enhancing drugs but I know he is. I was happy to be cut and wanted nothing to do with baseball from there on"

It was crazy, I don't think that conversation has ever been brought up. I wonder if anyone remembers Dante's WAKE UP AMERICA type conversation he had with Bob Ley.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I am wrong, but isn't it pretty safe to say McGwire should be on the list of steroid users?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Sammy Sosa? Also I guess we are counting amphetamines as well in this. I know Leyritz admitted doing them, but was he ever linked to HGH or steroids? We might as well throw almost everyone who played baseball in the 60's, 70's, and 80's on the list if we are counting amphetamines.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 10-24-2007 at 07:33 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im surprise no one has said pujols; i've been thinking hes been on 'roids for a few years

and some of the names are supposed to be "big" names
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert Belle! It is so obvious imo (I might add more)
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 1994 Texas Rangers

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
No Sammy Sosa? Also I guess we are counting amphetamines as well in this. I know Leyritz admitted doing them, but was he ever linked to HGH or steroids? We might as well throw almost everyone who played baseball in the 60's, 70's, and 80's on the list if we are counting amphetamines.
HAHAHA. Ooops, left off Sosa. As for Leyritz, he admitted to both amphetamines and HGH on the Dan Patrick radio show.

For whatever reason, the public puts more of their anger into PED use rather than amphetamine usage. If I made a list of amphetamine usage, I'd be here writing names for the next 2 weeks.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
HAHAHA. Ooops, left off Sosa. As for Leyritz, he admitted to both amphetamines and HGH on the Dan Patrick radio show.

For whatever reason, the public puts more of their anger into PED use rather than amphetamine usage. If I made a list of amphetamine usage, I'd be here writing names for the next 2 weeks.
Didn't know about the HGH admission. The story of when Leyritz first used amphetamines is hysterical. He said it was a day game after a night game. He wasn't expecting to play as he was a young bench player so he went out and partied the night before. Was hurting the next day. Mattingly's back stiffened up on him out of nowhere and the manager told Jim he was in the game. He said someone had the amphetamines and he took them right away because he was so out of it because of the night before.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Lol Gonzo on roids, have you seen the guy he weighs 210 max, I'm assuming you jut put him on the list for his 57 HR year but i seriously doubt he was ever on anything just doesn't seem like the type of guy and definitely doesn't look the part
Gonzo was implicated by one of Arizona's top guys in management. That's why he's on the suspected list. And you should take a look at some of the guys on the admitted list. They don't look like roiders either, but you should know that PEDs aren't used solely for muscle growth. Many players use them to recover faster. Alex Sanchez was a light-hitting speed player. He doesn't look like a roider either, but he's still guilty.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Maybe I am wrong, but isn't it pretty safe to say McGwire should be on the list of steroid users?
I wanted to put him on there, but I was trying to stay strictly on admission/positive testing for that list.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
He's a professional baseball player, what do you expect?
Are you saying that all professional baseball players have hot wives? If you are then you are completely wrong. Start buying your teams yearbooks, and if they have the family section check it out. I bet you are a bit shocked to see what some of the players get to go home to every night.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Bigbadbob72
Rookie

Bigbadbob72 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

rich Aurilia

check out his stats

http://www.baseball-reference.com/a/aurilri01.shtml
Old 10-24-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbob72 View Post
Yes, I think in the end, the Giants will have the most users. Jeff Kent might be on the final list as well.