Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-24-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chad Jackson

What's his story? One of my favorite players in that draft... Would the Patriots consider trading him? Do fans hate him? Love him? What's the scoop?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

uh tough one here, hes showed potential but with our depth at reciever this year its tough to say. i can see us letting go of kelly washington to make room for him, but i like washington and gaffney, and jacksons dropped a few big passes last year in the few games he played in last year that i recall. its gonna be whoever does the better job of impressing BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He played next to nothing last season. It was his orientation to the BB way of life. I think he was a bit overwelmed by the playbook , the amount of time devoted to the game, playing on special teams (where he hurt his knee). He did a good deal of growing up the last 6 months and I think they plan on him being a player next year. It will depend on how he continues to work. Stallworth may only be here the one year, Washington too. But if Jackson wants to be a #4 or #5 guy in NE, he has to play special teams
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he played well at times last year in his little playing time. he showed ability to jump..make tough catches..crawled on all 4s to the endzone..run past a CB into the endzone.

talent is there. his problem was playbook and now..him and his agent are saying hes been "in the playbook" studying during his injury
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love chad jackson. I would hate to see a early second round draft pick released. I have a feeling Bill wouldnt let him go so early. My guess is he uses him towards the end of the year as a returner with Welker. Although we don't need it, he can be a good deep threat with Moss and Stallworth. And if Stallworth leaves I hope he can replace him next year.
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was a lazy player last year and he got into the doghouse because he learned the playbook far too slowly up until his injury. It's hard to say this year because he hasn't gotten any playing time, really. Not one of my favorite players, but I'd keep him around unless we could get a late second or early third round pick for him.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
downthealley
Rookie

downthealley hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He had a nice day returning the ball today, really showed some good speed.
downthealley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
uh tough one here, hes showed potential but with our depth at reciever this year its tough to say. i can see us letting go of kelly washington to make room for him, but i like washington and gaffney, and jacksons dropped a few big passes last year in the few games he played in last year that i recall. its gonna be whoever does the better job of impressing BB.
haha who wouldve thought that last year
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

He has got to step up because there is a good chance that the Pats will lose both Randy Moss and Dante Stallworth.

Randy is on a 1 yr deal and will be a FA.

Stallworth will be due $8 million in bonuses by next March, so odds are they will probably cut him. He is already losing pt to jabar gaffney.

There are no wr's worth of their top-10 pick (unless they want to go with Desean for special teams value as well, but they already have Hobbs so that won't be necessary), so I guess they will probably be looking Lavelle Hawkins or maybe Jordy Nelson at the end of the second to make sure that they have speed at the wr position.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
kennyb
Rookie

kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
He has got to step up because there is a good chance that the Pats will lose both Randy Moss and Dante Stallworth.

Stallworth will be due $8 million in bonuses by next March, so odds are they will probably cut him. He is already losing pt to jabar gaffney.

There are no wr's worth of their top-10 pick (unless they want to go with Desean for special teams value as well, but they already have Hobbs so that won't be necessary), so I guess they will probably be looking Lavelle Hawkins or maybe Jordy Nelson at the end of the second to make sure that they have speed at the wr position.

Moss probably won't leave. He seems to like it in NE and I could see them paying him 8M/year on a 4 year deal. He'd be worth it. I think he's getting like 6 with bonuses this year.

Stallworth is prob. gone.

Gaffney may re-sign. He was cut by two teams so he doesn't seem to have a whole lot of value outside of this system.

Doubt they draft a WR...difficult system to learn, apparently.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Stallworths out. Randy might be only on a one year deal but he seems to be committed to NE long term and will probably take a pay cut and keep the possible dynasty alive. I really like Jacksons chances next year to finally contribute somewhat.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Stallworths out. Randy might be only on a one year deal but he seems to be committed to NE long term and will probably take a pay cut and keep the possible dynasty alive. I really like Jacksons chances next year to finally contribute somewhat.
To me Randy Moss, I am not sold one bit on his act. It is nice to see him like this, but 1 year doesn not make the man. I have every thoght in my mind that after this year an owner like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder (just names) will toss 10 mil at Moss and he will leave. NE will say heres 4mil take it or walk, and the real Moss will say, peace NE.

Its just me, but I dont really think Moss will be back next year. If he is, then I will officialy set it in my mind that he is a changed man.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
To me Randy Moss, I am not sold one bit on his act. It is nice to see him like this, but 1 year doesn not make the man. I have every thoght in my mind that after this year an owner like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder (just names) will toss 10 mil at Moss and he will leave. NE will say heres 4mil take it or walk, and the real Moss will say, peace NE.

Its just me, but I dont really think Moss will be back next year. If he is, then I will officialy set it in my mind that he is a changed man.
Jerry won't go after Moss with TO here. He could go after Stallworth and I think there's a mildly high possibility of that with Crayton being an UFA.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, TO and Moss seems too good to be true. Moss has been speaking this season as if hes staying there long-term and he in fact did take a huge pay cut before this season so I wouldnt be surprised if he did again in the offseason.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO & Moss in the same locker room, I can just see espn on that story all year the first time it looks like either is frustrated, no thanks, that sounds like a huge distraction in the making and the last thing I want is for Romo to feel like he has to force a guy the ball to feed his ego...

I doubt Gaffney leaves, he has been a journey man and had opportunities to play on other teams like the Texans who had no real wr and he was cut, so being that he's been playing so well in NE I highly doubt he leaves, it would be nice to see Chad Jackson get a chance though I saw a few games he looked really explosive with solid hands, I think he could be a very good #2 wr with the right wr opposite him, and only way he probably leaves is via trade unless he really is in the doghouse...

I could see Stallworth leaving, and I could also see Dallas signing him even if we bring back Crayton, Crayton wont cost that much and Stallworth would only be a short term deal and wouldnt cost as much as a stud wr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
TO & Moss in the same locker room, I can just see espn on that story all year the first time it looks like either is frustrated, no thanks, that sounds like a huge distraction in the making and the last thing I want is for Romo to feel like he has to force a guy the ball to feed his ego...

I doubt Gaffney leaves, he has been a journey man and had opportunities to play on other teams like the Texans who had no real wr and he was cut, so being that he's been playing so well in NE I highly doubt he leaves, it would be nice to see Chad Jackson get a chance though I saw a few games he looked really explosive with solid hands, I think he could be a very good #2 wr with the right wr opposite him, and only way he probably leaves is via trade unless he really is in the doghouse...

I could see Stallworth leaving, and I could also see Dallas signing him even if we bring back Crayton, Crayton wont cost that much and Stallworth would only be a short term deal and wouldnt cost as much as a stud wr
From what Ive seen Jacksons hands arent the greatest and he figures to be a big play threat rather than a possession receiver. Whether its NE or another team someone has to give this guy a chance cuz hes too skillful to not be out there.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
From what Ive seen Jacksons hands arent the greatest and he figures to be a big play threat rather than a possession receiver. Whether its NE or another team someone has to give this guy a chance cuz hes too skillful to not be out there.
Jeez, sounds like Bethel Johnson part II.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Jeez, sounds like Bethel Johnson part II.
No, this guy was a first round talent. Maybe Im underestimating his hands but Ive seen him drop some easy ones in his rookie year.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stallworth is gone after this season.
Chad Jackson steps up to 3 or 4 in the lineup.

Also, Cowboys gave Crayton an extension.
I can still see them grabbin' Stallworth though.
This is probably Glenn's last season.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Stallworth is gone after this season.
Chad Jackson steps up to 3 or 4 in the lineup.

Also, Cowboys gave Crayton an extension.
I can still see them grabbin' Stallworth though.
This is probably Glenn's last season.
I agree that Stallworth will be gone. I have seen his PT drop as well this year as the season went along. Jabar Gaffney was pretty productive and at a lot less cost. I would be shocked if he came back, unless he took a MAJOR paycut.

As for Stallworth, I wouldnt be surprised to see Buffalo make a run at him.

Hopefully Chad steps up this year. He has basically had the year off to learn the playbook and heal himself. Hopefully he will be the #4 next year, with an opportunity to work higher.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love him... I heard he had trouble remembering all the plays

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Moss and TO will never be on the same team. Moss Has been qupted many times saying there is no room for TO on any team he is on. when they asked about Daunte and possibly TO going to the raiders Moss said Daunte has a big arm we have worked together we never hung out we arent best friends but we can work together. then they asked abotu TO Moss said If Al Davis wants TO then AL Davis doesnt Need Randy Moss.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stallworth is comin to dallas, he is the compliment to TO we need and lets Crayton play slot...I wish we could get Chad Jackson though, very explosive guy that you can do alot with, no need to bring back stallworth with him and gaffney to be the #2 guy, if belichick intends to keep people spread out it would be chad jackson or kelley washington as the 4th wr in most sets, so he should have a chance to see some looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Yeah, in a way, If Stallworth were to walk (or well be let go) I wouldnt be too scared to see what Jackson can do. If anything, we have Jabar Gaffney who took many snaps away from Donte this year. We could rotate Gaffney and Jackson in just to give him some time. With Moss on the other side and Welker in the slot.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Patriots will probably draft a mid to late round wide receiver to go along with Moss, Welker, Jackson, Gaffney for next year. Washington may be back but not under the current deal and he's far too valuable on special teams to risk much on offense taking hits.